N-Europe

Rugby vs Football

KKOB

Rugby or Footy  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rugby or Footy

Fact is, football needs more security/police presence because violence is far more likely.

Ok, so now your downgrading the use of the word on an internet forum. Yet when its used in a football stadium, its an outrage? Sort it out.

What is an outrage is having fans shout

"Hey tumor-boy!! Why couldn't you have died 3 years ago"

to the Glen Roeder

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1876726,00.html

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

Makes me laugh at how blinkered football fans can be. Spend a year supporting rugby and you'll never look back.

I ask again... are there really metal detectors at football grounds???

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that at all. You're the one who said football fans comes from 'all walks of life'. I was just wondering what you meant by that?

You never wondered you presumed and very poorly I might add

I've been to a few England matches. England v USA, Brazil, Uraguay and a few others a long time ago. Club wise I've been to 5 Chelsea matches, v Arsenal, Spurs twice, Liverpool and I can't remember the other. And a few others years ago when I've been given a free ticket..

I'm sorry but the likelyhood is that at an International Game against those teams, you would of never experienced vioilence, I cannot see it at all.

And Going to Chelsea Matches V Arsenal, are you suprised? Major Rivals, Alot of Passion it's going to be one hell of an atmosphere.

I don't get what you can base your views on rather than what you have heard in the news which is often over-dramatised to add effect anyway.

More people may follow rugby, but a packed stadium is a packed stadium. A football ground and a rugby ground can both hold 15,000 for example, allowing for perfect comparison of crowd behaviour.

It isn't down to security it's just down to common sense half the time, you have X amount of people you need X amout of security Personal

What is an outrage is having fans shout

"Hey tumor-boy!! Why couldn't you have died 3 years ago"

to the Glen Roeder

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1876726,00.html

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

Fans? You Mean Fan.....What about the West Ham fans who gave him get well messages and what not?...Oh I forgot All Football fans are scumbags and spawn of the devil

Makes me laugh at how blinkered football fans can be.

We've already had this discusion and its great we are doing it again but...

You cannot use sweeping generalizations!

If anything, it is just going to undermind your argument.

You never wondered you presumed and very poorly I might add

So what did you mean by all walks of life then?

And Going to Chelsea Matches V Arsenal, are you suprised? Major Rivals, Alot of Passion it's going to be one hell of an atmosphere.

I don't get what you can base your views on rather than what you have heard in the news which is often over-dramatised to add effect anyway.

I'm not sure how you can overdramatisise football brawls involving nailed baseball bats between opposition supporters. Or fights and beatings with police in the stands.

It isn't down to security it's just down to common sense half the time, you have X amount of people you need X amout of security Personal

Agree,

X = 12,000 supporters

Y = police presence

Rugby X needs 6Y

Football X needs 600Y

We've already had this discusion and its great we are doing it again but...

You cannot use sweeping generalizations!

If anything, it is just going to undermind your argument.

I'm not. I'm not calling all football fans violent racist homophobes. I'm saying such attitudes exist in football crowds far more than it should.

I kew Takeo starting this thread was a mistake.

Fantastic, nice to know the police care so little for rugby supporters. I'll go get my bomb pack.

You don't need police for rugby crowds. We can behave ourselves.

I'm not. I'm not calling all football fans violent racist homophobes. I'm saying such attitudes exist in football crowds far more than it should.

I think you are being swayed wa too much by the press in this country. Football does a lot of good in the world but it is hardly given its spot in the headlines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4633688.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4654160.stm

I kew Takeo starting this thread was a mistake.

I told him it would be...:indeed:

Your Racists, Homophobes, Thugs etc

I'm not sure how you can overdramatisise football brawls involving nailed baseball bats between opposition supporters. Or fights and beatings with police in the stands.

Oh yes you can, ever read the Sunday Tabloids after a fight on a saturday...

"Mass Brawl tarnishes Newcastle Match"

When in reality it was just two people kicking off...

We are hitting a brick wall with you at the moment, and I am struggling for anything to say

Agree,

X = 12,000 supporters

Y = police presence

Rugby X needs 6Y

Football X needs 600Y

As I said before, there needs to be a certain amount of safety personal, at any public event in proportion to fans.

And do you think we like that? No we don't we don't follow football for this, we follow football for the passion and the pride of your team, I'm not saying this doesn't happn in rugby but It's society's problems that are creeping into football. Not the other way around...

I prefer playing Football , but I HATE HATE HATE the hooliganism that comes with it. People take it way too seriously. In the end, these over paid morons don't care what most of the fans think.

Much of that is the same in rugby, except the violence bit. I like going to Rugby games/watching it, but don't like playing it.

So, Rugby is better IMO.

Your Racists, Homophobes, Thugs etc

So you're saying football attracts racists and homophobes. Ok then.

As I said before, there needs to be a certain amount of safety personal, at any public event in proportion to fans.

And what I'M saying is the amount of fans is the same, so you would think the amount of safety personnel sound be the same as well, but it's not.

Again, are there really metal detectors at football grounds??

So you're saying football attracts racists and homophobes. Ok then..

Fuck Off Mate Racists are attracted to anything they like just like a normal person.

Racists probably go to Rugby Matches, Cricket matches, not just football, the only reason you hear about in football is because No one really gives a shit about Racism in any other sport.

Whats more appealing to the reader

Racism in Football

Racism in Rugby

And what I'M saying is the amount of fans is the same, so you would think the amount of safety personnel sound be the same as well, but it's not.

Again, are there really metal detectors at football grounds??

Nope, If there are they are used in corportate suites and director boxes.

Racists probably go to Rugby Matches, Cricket matches, not just football,

You said "football attracts people from all walks of life" - I asked what you mean by "all walks of life" you said "homophobes, racists".

No one really gives a shit about Racism in any other sport.

LMAO, if anyone wants a quick laugh at ignorance, look no further.

Whats more appealing to the reader

Racism in Football

Racism in Rugby

The latter for me, but it doesn't happen, hence why you don't read news articles about it.

Why are you resolute in finding any excuse you can to have the same arguments over again? I've heard this shit in 10 different threads, it's boring.

Passion for our sport I guess.

How come you don't like playing it mate?

Just don't. We had to play it at school. (I got to an all-boys private school)

I just never enjoyed it. I like playing Football and Hockey a lot more.

I don't only want to argue! But when people accuse rugby fans of not having any passion it just mildly pisses me off.

We we all know anyone who said that is talking total bullcrap...Why would you be a fan if you didn't have any passion!? :indeed:

Ant and I seem to be exactly the same yet opposite at the same time. We both live our sport, him football, me rugby.

I've probably been too harsh belittlling football rather than talking up rugby on this thread (the latter wouldn't be hard).

I bet Takeo started this thread knowing it would cause arguments ;)

Ant and I seem to be exactly the same yet opposite at the same time. We both live our sport, him football, me rugby.

I've probably been too harsh belittlling football rather than talking up rugby on this thread (the latter wouldn't be hard).

I'd go along with that too, I was brought up with Football in my roots, I grew up on "Winslow Street" right next to Goodison Park. I was brought up a red and it is what I am today.

I never woke up and decided I liked football, It was always hammered into me.

I think by just digging into football your actually being a bit condsending to people who love the sport and don't have anything to do with the instances you mentioned.

If you just talked up rugby, people would be much more inclined to try and get into to it more rather than defend their views.

...naughty, naughty Takeo...:indeed: