N-Europe

Rugby vs Football

KKOB

Rugby or Footy  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rugby or Footy

I thought rugby was exciting no matter who was playing it.

Two completely different sports, rugby union and rugby league.

It is the more popular sport no naturally there will be more violence it's the attitude of the players and the boringness of it in my opinion in general that get's me I also find it more fluky.

But you can't use that as an argument, there might be more football fans in the UK, but a packed stadium is still a packed stadium. 12,000 rugby fans vs 12,000 football fans... you know which will end up having more violence.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two completely different sports, rugby union and rugby league..

Does it matter?

But you can't use that as an argument, there might be more football fans in the UK, but a packed stadium is still a packed stadium. 12,000 rugby fans vs 12,000 football fans... you know which will end up having more violence.

Neither will have violence?, Just because it is football doesn;t mean their is guranteed violence.

Jesus you must be scared stiff of going to a football match...The Media really has manipulated you.

Does it matter?

Well I love one and never got into the other, so yes, it does lol. Don't know anything about league anyway.

Neither will have violence?, Just because it is football doesn;t mean their is guranteed violence.

Jesus you must be scared stiff of going to a football match...The Media really has manipulated you.

Guaranteed more.

And not scared stiff, I'm a big boy and can handle myself. Bored stiff yes.

Guaranteed more.

And not scared stiff, I'm a big boy and can handle myself. Bored stiff yes.

You cannot gurantee violence at any football match thats ignorant and stupid.

As for scared stiff the way you go on about Football, I would be :indeed:

And as for being bored stiff, Matter of Opinion

I don't get these people who are saying football is more fluky?

So that shot from 30 yards out that arrowed into the top corner was a fluke? Or those perfect through balls which catch out a whole defence to set an attacker up one on one with the goalie, again a fluke?

I watched the first few minutes of St Helens game today (I know it's Rugby League but I don't care) and St Helens scored a try in the first minute thanks to kick up field and a fluky bounce which took it away from the other team and straight to a St Helens players path allowing him to score a try - of course that wasn't a fluke was it?!

Face it, both sports have people who are very good at what they do who can make things look easy and both sports have moments of luck. A shot from the edge of the area when you're surrounded by 3 defenders or a conversion where you've got all the time in the world to get it right (and a bigger target to aim for), I certainly know which of those would be the most difficult!

LMFAO that was such a funny post (hobb...'s). Ahh well...

if you want a sport where you only really have to be big built to play then go for rugby...

Mate our team ranges from people who are 20 stone, to 11 stone. That's the whole point, it's a game for all shapes and sizes.

if you want a sport that takes decades to master the conditioning, technique and only few are good enough phsyically and mentally to play at the top level - then ur go for football...

Brilliant. Absolutely hilarious statement. The ignorance is mind blowing.

i know people who are as fat as fuck and they play rugby, put them on a football pitch playin for my 11 a side team and they would have a heart attack...

Again this made me piss myself laughing. I'd love to see a football pansy playing rugby. 99% of pro footballers go crazy with 'pain' when their ankle is touched. They'd die on their feet in rugby. LMAO. Would love to see that.

Football is a sport filled with over-payed prissy fools.

NFL > Rugby

them NFL dudes could flatten the flabby ass creatures who play rugby in europe...

And put your average rugby player on a football pitch and his lack of co-ordination, pace and technique would allow me to speed past him, whilst shouting "goodbye lard ass"...

LOL this is too funny. Keep going!!!

And watch this for a bit of education: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOxpIKT5Y7I

Again this made me piss myself laughing. I'd love to see a football pansy playing rugby. 99% of pro footballers go crazy with 'pain' when their ankle is touched. They'd die on their feet in rugby. LMAO. Would love to see that.

Football is a sport filled with over-payed prissy fools.

Translation: "I'm a big 'ard bastard!"

man of course he looks fast sprinting past chubbers... i can accept you prefer rugby as a sport, but to sit there and seriously believe it involves more technique or work as an athlete then soccer, i find laughable...

I'm not the only one, plenty of people in this topic find rugby more skillful.

Because it is.

Football, you only need to learn how to run, kick and pass the ball.

Rugby, well, how long have you got?

There is far far far far more skill and tactics involved in rugby, trust me. To say anything else is laughable.

That's why the rugby rule book is 10 times thicker than the football one. Not for simple-minded people you see.

rofl ok buddie, just the fact that this is your beliefs tells me it isnt worth even talking to your ignorant ass...

Oh and your arguments about how anyone who plays rugby is a lard ass and would die on their feet playing football isn't?

For god sake, do you know how strong, skillful and quick (the backs at least) pro rugby players are??

I'm not the only one, plenty of people in this topic find rugby more skillful.

Thats laughable. I'm sorry but rugby involves passing an egg shaped ball, trying to kick an egg shaped ball, running, and stopping a guy from running. With the occasionally push and shove.

Football is as equally skilled as any other sport if not more so.

I don't get these people who are saying football is more fluky?

So that shot from 30 yards out that arrowed into the top corner was a fluke? Or those perfect through balls which catch out a whole defence to set an attacker up one on one with the goalie, again a fluke?

I watched the first few minutes of St Helens game today (I know it's Rugby League but I don't care) and St Helens scored a try in the first minute thanks to kick up field and a fluky bounce which took it away from the other team and straight to a St Helens players path allowing him to score a try - of course that wasn't a fluke was it?!

Face it, both sports have people who are very good at what they do who can make things look easy and both sports have moments of luck. A shot from the edge of the area when you're surrounded by 3 defenders or a conversion where you've got all the time in the world to get it right (and a bigger target to aim for), I certainly know which of those would be the most difficult!

Dude they are different sports....It does make a difference. Different number of players etc etc.

yes i do think soccer is very fluky. With rugby you can be sure the most of the time the better team will win... For example if Liverpool and Man u played each other ten times what do you think the outcome would be? Yes about half and half win or lose. But surely one of the teams is better? I also notice that Soccer referees are very shit. Why is this?

Thats laughable. I'm sorry but rugby involves passing an egg shaped ball, trying to kick an egg shaped ball, running, and stopping a guy from running. With the occasionally push and shove.

What's it like living in ignorance?

ohhhh man seriously. Soccer is shooting and passing and er that's it? You have just named more things that a rugby player does by yourself i don't even have to try.

What's the shape of the ball to do with it?....IT'S AN EGG!!!?

Dude they are different sports....It does make a difference. Different number of players etc etc.

yes i do think soccer is very fluky. With rugby you can be sure the most of the time the better team will win... For example if Liverpool and Man u played each other ten times what do you think the outcome would be? Yes about half and half win or lose. But surely one of the teams is better? I also notice that Soccer referees are very shit. Why is this?

And that's why football is so exciting - in a one off game any team can win! Although 9 times out of 10 the best team do win.

Also using Liverpool and Man United for the comparison isn't the best way to go since they are fairly evenly matched - if the played each other 10 times then it would probably be even (although as a United fan I'd say that the devils would just edge it)!

You should now, you're ignorance is by far outweighing everyone else's.

Irony smells sweet.

ohhhh man seriously. Soccer is shooting and passing and er that's it? You have just named more things that a rugby player does by yourself i don't even have to try.

What's the shape of the ball to do with it?....IT'S AN EGG!!!?

Looks like I caught a fish with the bait. Essentially I used motion's arguments against football back to see how you liked it, and I think I proved that its a lot more than what the opposite fan perceives.

As football, there is a crap load more things to the sport, ie for defenders, positioning, marking, heading, tackling, aggression. Its safe to say both sports have very skilled players.

As football, there is a crap load more things to the sport, ie for defenders, positioning, marking, heading, tackling, aggression. Its safe to say both sports have very skilled players.

Add to that list interceptions, scrums, lineouts, rucks, mauls, dummies, tactical substitutions, overlaps, turning over ball, drop goals, different type of defenses etc... - in terms of what's involved in a rugby match.

Everyone ignorant in this thread reguarding how each sport is played.

But Football > All....

From the Agony to the Ecstasy, it's just so so fucking good.....

OH FOOTBALL IS SEX

Oh man cmon i like you but you can't say things like that. I mean ignoring rugby have you ever seen a baseball game or anything?..

nope the object of chess is to checkmate your opponent. The object of soccer is to Shoot the ball into the net. Also to add strategy you can also(wait for it) PASS the ball..:)

My point was you are just making things stupidly simple...which you've just done again.