NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

(Apparant) Images of the Sony SNES

Probably the biggest error to their not so small bank balance...

The question is: without the error made back then, would Nintendo have started pushing the envolope in the way they have over the last few years to win back business ?

Nope....To be honest, it's made them the company they are today, which is good; withought Sony they would have probably become lazy and evil.

then again if sony stopped producing consoles now i think we could benefit also

wasn't it supposed to plug into the top like the sega 32x

*Looks at PS3 sales*

*Looks at Wii sales*

Nope...not really.

*Looks at N64 and Gamecube sales*

*Looks at PS1 and PS2 sales*

Of course not.

I suppose both are applicable, although I wouldn't say the N64 was a failure. However if Nintendo had allied with Sony for a disk based system back in the fifth generation I think we'd have a very different console market.

Strangely enough Nintendo wouldn't be the only ones to benefit - Sega would probably still be producing consoles as the firth gen would only have been a two console race not a three console race. The sixth generation would still have introduced the XBOX, but SEGA may still have lived.

Interestingly, Nintendo may not have gone down the road they have with the Wii or with the DS.

I heard something the other day about this. Now it was only by a commenter on gonintendo so take a handful of salt with this.

One of reasons nintendo backed out of the whole CD add-on was because sony wanted quite a big slice of the profits, so nintendo backed. Especially after seeing how well the Mega CD and 32X did I can't blame them really.

As I said don't know how true it was but here's where I heard it.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=19589 2nd and 3rd comments.

Sign in to follow this