NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Maiky-NiSuTe

(Unfinished!) Mario Party 8 preview

Mario party 8 notes:

Here is a little preview the NiSuTe have written, noted about the new Mario Party 8 game for the Nintendo Wii. This preview isn’t finished but we dint want to keep you waiting so here is our verdict so far. The game is set in the well known universe of the toad stool Kingdome and is as colorful as ever with joyful tunes and loads of sweet candy. The game plays fast and makes often good use of the Wii-mote although not all games seem to do this. Sometimes you even wish you would have the smooth controls of an analogue stick but most of the time you be laughing and shouting with your friends of fun.

Pros

The graphics have improved +5

Mario Party 8 is just like its predecessors and is a 100% multi player game and great fun +10

There is a small map in the lower left corner displaying the maps lay out +2

The players move fast and smooth around the board +5

The Pointer controls are nice and easy to use +3

About 21% of the mini games are great +21

4 player fun +10

3 player fun +10

2 player fun +5

Current Total+ 71

MarioParty8_1.jpg

Cons

The game is 4:3 and there is NO option to set the screen in the most common size setting 16:9 therefore we give the game a -15!

Single player just like all Mario Party’s is not satisfying and even boring -10

About 2% of the mini games are rubbish -2

Some mini games are too farfetched -5

Some games are split up in 4 player games and 2 player vs. games this boosts the number of games bur actually are not different from the others -5

The 3 vs 1 games stay badly balanced the one or the other three are often way over powered. -5

1 player fun -5

Current Total- 47

MarioParty8_2.jpg

Notes:

Although the sound isn’t much, the game doesn’t need better

About 17% of the mini games are average

The game is not online (shame on you Nintendo)

Current Verdict (times played 1x 2 players. 1x single player 1x board game 1x 4 players 6 hours):

You have to be a Mario party fan, party fan or multi player fan to like this game. If you have not played a Mario Party before you might really enjoy this game more than gamers that have played the predecessors.

We give it a 83%

With a little more effort could have boosted this game much higher

MP8ComboGAB.jpg

Updated 9-6-2007

I think you're meant to say 'far fetched'. It looked like fudged how you spelt it.

I've never really gotten into Mario Party. Never really had friends over to play any multiplayer games anyway.

Nice mini preview, the screens look good. The last two screens look too good to be a Wii game :heh:

i been playing the game non stop since it launched in the US.. the singel player isnt so bad the first time threw as long as u dont play on easy i can be a challenge... It will take you only maybe 3 hours to get threw at the most tho depending on how fast u get threw the 6 maps.. The last boss battle was great to i wont spoil it but it was a really good fight.. the extra zone is were i spend most of my time for singel player tho..Pocket bike racing just is so fun.. i think it is a great game and is getting bad reviews because i dont even know why cause it comes out every year i guess..but its great imo no doubt a 9/10

i my self am a big Mario party fan and i have them all and played them all but like i told in this (preview) it is not finished and the score is based on 4 hours of game play. if the trent of good mini games continue the score will go up a lot. but the fact that Nintendo got lazy with the wide screen function really bothers me a lot. also several other things are not scored now but they will soon. ^.^

I have never played, nor had any desire to play a Mario Party game. This game doesn't look great, and I reckon it's about time this party ended.

i have to dis agree on that ^.^

1 its a game with loads of games in it incl several game engines there fore the graphics will suffer a bit also this game is all about multi player game play. indeed some times you can get the "here we go again" feeling but that vanishes as soon as you play with 4 friends. this game is and can be great if some things were given a little more thought by Nintendo. so all i can say is give it a try and you will see it is fun.

Mario Party 8 is my most anticipated game of the year. no review will change that.

i am only telling the facts for as far as i have seen them up to now. but i am sure they will change be course its always the bad that stands out first in a game the good comes later. (this is also very typical for Nintendo)

Not for me. i always look at the good aspects first. i pick holes in it after that.

So would your recommend it to somebody who hasn't played Mario Party since Mario Party 3?

yes if you like MP3 and you have enough friends to play with i would say yes! be coase i am sure that this game will get a better score when we have played it more

finally people are beginning to see that mario party is crap. Seriously people it really isn't a very good series. I think wario ware on gamecube kicks the shit out of any mario party game.

I think the third one is good enough though. The gamecube ones i have played are just god awful. It's like how i felt with the original smash bros(another game people went mad over for no reason) of course melee is far better.

I haven't had a Mario Party game since the first.I've played second since sister has it.I had the 4 or 5th for a day,but then another game was released that I wanted it so traded it in :heh:

finally people are beginning to see that mario party is crap. Seriously people it really isn't a very good series. I think wario ware on gamecube kicks the shit out of any mario party game.

I think the third one is good enough though. The gamecube ones i have played are just god awful. It's like how i felt with the original smash bros(another game people went mad over for no reason) of course melee is far better.

I haven't had a Mario Party game since the first.I've played second since sister has it.I had the 4 or 5th for a day,but then another game was released that I wanted it so traded it in :heh:

My guess is that both of you barely play with more than 2 people with Mario party. am i right? its a known fact that if you play this game under 3 players the fun rate drops drastically.

Mario party is a multiplayer game. with 4 players there is not any other game i would rather play.

Mario party is a multiplayer game. with 4 players there is not any other game i would rather play.

i totally agree with you! its like most Nintendo games the more the better.

My guess is that both of you barely play with more than 2 people with Mario party. am i right? its a known fact that if you play this game under 3 players the fun rate drops drastically.

ya that would be right. I guess i don't think my mind would change. There are some nintendo games i just don't like that everyone else loves.......ah heck i'll name them all.

Mario party

Yoshi's island

wario ware touched

Smash bros dx

pikmin(haven't played the second though)

super mario kart

I'm not saying any of these are crap just that i personally just don't like them. I just can't control super mario kart and i very good at the others.

mario party alike to smash are only fun with 2 or more players

wario ware its just a mater of you like it or you dont

pokemon is a RPG that needs to be played together with others. if you play it alone the fun looses fast

Super Mario Kart just practice ^.-

mario party alike to smash are only fun with 2 or more players

wario ware its just a mater of you like it or you dont

pokemon is a RPG that needs to be played together with others. if you play it alone the fun looses fast

Super Mario Kart just practice ^.-

I meant pikmin sorry:) I would never diss pokemon.

I meant pikmon sorry:) I would never diss pokemon.

Pikmon? or do you meen Pikmin? pikmin is a game for real time strategy players its fun fast and tactful.

Nah I had enough people to play it with,it's just that another game was out that I really wanted and I couldn't get it unless I traded in the Mario Party game.

I still plan on buying it again though :heh:

Sign in to follow this