NEurope
rokhed00

Firefox - disappearing bookmarks

Today all my bookmarks disappeared from firefox, don't know how or why, used the PC for a bit this morning, then when I used it this afternoon they'd all disappeared and a system restore didn't bring them back.

Anyone got any idea what could've happened and what I could do to stop it happening again as it's a pain having to find them again.

Check this path:

C:\Documents and Settings\James\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\e92f9u48.default

But with the obvious changes for you. There should be a bookmark.html file and a bookmark.bak file. Maybe the bookmark.bak (back-up file) still has them so check by opening it in notepad or firefox. If it does then rename it to bookmark.html to get your bookmarks back in firefox.

Hope this works for you.

i have had this happen to me before with firefox, and i couldnt restore them. i hope you manage to, cos its a pain in the ass.

Damn things happened again. only thing I can think of is every time it's happened is when I've booted the PC up twice in the same day, but that can't be it, can it?

Anyway, I've exported my bookmarks now, just to keep them safe.

Damn things happened again. only thing I can think of is every time it's happened is when I've booted the PC up twice in the same day, but that can't be it, can it?

Anyway, I've exported my bookmarks now, just to keep them safe.

shame I can't seem to export my firefox bookmarks to Opera browser :(

Its happened to be before too, but i dont have that many bookmarks - so i wasnt badly affected.

But cheers for the info in the future Mr O.