NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

I didn't think this was possible, but...

...I've managed to delete the actual entry of Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager after messing around in the registry. I mean it's not even there in the list of devices anymore. :red: Has anyone any ideas on how to get it back?? I've lost all audio and all video capabilities and there's no point in installing new device drivers until I get this back.

Next time you decide to mess around in the registry, make backups...

A repair install of xp perhaps?

Its very much restorable, if you know what you're doing... but a repair install would be easier.

I'm a walt, should have known better than to toy about with the registry. How do I go about doing a repair install?

Surely a good old bit of XP system restore would fix anything like such up a treat? Try it anyway first, as it's completely reversible.

Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.

Go back to a date before you decided to dick around in your computer like a silly man. What were you doing, and didn't what was telling you what to do tell you NOT to do it, or to at least back it up?

Surely a good old bit of XP system restore would fix anything like such up a treat? Try it anyway first, as it's completely reversible.

Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.

Go back to a date before you decided to dick around in your computer like a silly man. What were you doing, and didn't what was telling you what to do tell you NOT to do it, or to at least back it up?

You'd think so! Windows wouldn't let me restore to any point (that was the first thing I tried) and I knew I wasn't going to get it back easily so I just backed up and reset to factory settings. Much better now :yay: just bought 2 extra gigs of RAM so she's on the mend now lol thanks for the help lads.

Sign in to follow this