NEurope
Rummy

Drinking

I get excited over J20's. :heh:

And chocolate milk! :wink:

chocolate milk!!!!!!!!!

Everything these days is about "Mate, can't wait to get get smashed tonight mate!" (Or so at my school anyway). I don't have a problem with people drinking at the pub having a game of pool and that, it's just the people who do it because "theres nothing else to do".

Personally i don't like the taste, which meens im a puff if you ask anyones opinion round here. I don't particually like cheese either but they don't seem to have a problem about that.

Everything these days is about "Mate, can't wait to get get smashed tonight mate!" (Or so at my school anyway). I don't have a problem with people drinking at the pub having a game of pool and that, it's just the people who do it because "theres nothing else to do".

Personally i don't like the taste, which meens im a puff if you ask anyones opinion round here. I don't particually like cheese either but they don't seem to have a problem about that.

One of my mates doesn't like alcohol, people take the piss out off him too. I don't understand why though, its just a drink, nothing special.

Drinking is fun now and again, but I've only ever been drunk enough to have memory loss occur once. The only time drinking isn't fun is when it becomes anti-social, which it never should.

The last time I had alcohol induced memory loss/blackout I woke up next to a beautiful Russian girl. My clothes were downstairs.

Who picks up the bill when all these alcoholics need to go into hospital? or smash up public goods? Government, they spend a hell of a lot of money cleaning up after people.

The tax they pay on the alcohol they pay for themselves, the same cannot be said for crack heads?

The tax they pay on the alcohol they pay for themselves, the same cannot be said for crack heads?

thats not the point though, space in hospitals should be for people who are actually worthy of being their, i.e haven't been stupid enough not to watch how much their drinking, then getting out of control and wasting a bed on what could be used for someone else.

And if they dont want their liver, why dont they just give it to someone else who needs it like a transplant patient instead of ruining it with booze.

No quite.... but it seems Haggis beat me to it.

thats not the point though, space in hospitals should be for people who are actually worthy of being their, i.e haven't been stupid enough not to watch how much their drinking, then getting out of control and wasting a bed on what could be used for someone else.

And if they dont want their liver, why dont they just give it to someone else who needs it like a transplant patient instead of ruining it with booze.

So what is it us drinkers pay tax on our drinks for?

To wage war on less equipped countries?

Benefits for asylum seekers?

No, it's to cover us in the case of alcohol related injuries and/or illness.

Same with smoking, why should the government reap a veritable fortune off something they allow to be forced on us without covering us for the downside?

What is it with the superiority complex? People are different and always will be and everybody makes mistakes.

Just because someone has been addicted to alcohol or, dare I say it, heroin doesn't mean they're not a human being, capable of functioning in everyday society.

You shouldn't kick someone when their down simply because your unsympatheic. If you live like than you'll be miserable.

So what is it us drinkers pay tax on our drinks for?

To wage war on less equipped countries?

Benefits for asylum seekers?

No, it's to cover us in the case of alcohol related injuries and/or illness.

Yep, 100% of taxes go to covering your ass incase you fall over when you have had one too many.

What is it with the superiority complex? People are different and always will be and everybody makes mistakes.

Just because someone has been addicted to alcohol or, dare I say it, heroin doesn't mean they're not a human being, capable of functioning in everyday society.

You shouldn't kick someone when their down simply because your unsympatheic. If you live like than you'll be miserable.

To be fair, they did get themself hooked in the first place.

To be fair, they did get themself hooked in the first place.

Wow. So anyone would isn't completely emotionally adjusted or simple makes mistakes deserves no help?

Wow. So anyone would isn't completely emotionally adjusted or simple makes mistakes deserves no help?

Quote me saying they didn't deserve anyhelp at all. Infact I did the very opposite in my 1st post. I suggest you read it.

Quote me saying they didn't deserve anyhelp at all. Infact I did the very opposite in my 1st post. I suggest you read it.

You said, to be fair they got themselves addicted; insinuating to me that because it's their own fault they deserve everything they get.

I <3

magners.gif

I cant stand lager.

QFT you tried it with some blackcurrent in, my mate has to have it that way as it takes a bit of the harshness off the cider.

You said, to be fair they got themselves addicted; insinuating to me that because it's their own fault they deserve everything they get.

Yes, i did say that, meaning what you said. But I didnt say that they shouldn't get help. I suppose i didn't make myself that clear. Anyways we should take this back to the topic in hand, drinking.

QFT you tried it with some blackcurrent in, my mate has to have it that way as it takes a bit of the harshness off the cider.

I like the kick it has, makes me wake up a bit. Shit I've just relised sommin...

Underage drinking is bad, if a 16 year old is getting drunk every weekend they need a severe slap. I have been brought up around people drinking in moderation and there's always been loads of alcohol in the house. In addition my family owns and runs a few pubs/clubs around here.

Drinking is fine as long as someone knows when to stop. I do but sometimes it's fun to just carry on. You only live once and it's your liver. Least this doesn't damage other peoples health unless a drunken yob starts beating on you.

I drink for the taste, not to get drunk-well 95% of the time at least. And drinking in moderation hasn't done anyone anyharm, i mean the irish manage it and do okay.

ha depends on the person i can handle it. Some people really just can't...Irish haha good one though:)

people then feel it's a womens drink.. bit sad but there you go.

Yes, i did say that, meaning what you said. But I didnt say that they shouldn't get help. I suppose i didn't make myself that clear. Anyways we should take this back to the topic in hand, drinking.

I like the kick it has, makes me wake up a bit. Shit I've just relised sommin...

makes you..wake up?

Oh and to make it clear I am totally sympathetic if someone has become an alcoholic because say someone they deeply care about died and they lok to drink for comfort. Though I am totally un-sympathetic if someone just keep drinking to much, becomes addicted and takes up hospital beds.

people then feel it's a womens drink.. bit sad but there you go.

Cider rocks!!!

Gimme my magners with a bucket of ice in the glass ^_^

I drink sometimes because I like the taste of cocktails and some beer brands. Can't remember when the last time was I really had too much - must have been at least 5-6 years ago. During the day I prefer ice tea or soda water. I am a typical evening/night drinker.

Like someone mentioned before - restrictions in alcohol consume do nothing to prevent serious incidents. People have to try out for themselve where they have their limit. Also bans make certain things much more attractive.

Here nearly every TV stations broadcasts about issues with underage drinkers, coma drinking, whatever .... seems to be a big problem but I guess a few years ago it wasn't that different.

We need a new war and that topic is gone.

makes you..wake up?

I have no vocabulary, It makes me go "Wooo, Fresh".

Cider rocks!!!

Omg, i would kill for a nice big glass full of ice with magners all over it right now. Ice cold = win.

Cider rocks!!!

with blackcurrent i mean:)

Oh and to make it clear I am totally sympathetic if someone has become an alcoholic because say someone they deeply care about died and they lok to drink for comfort. Though I am totally un-sympathetic if someone just keep drinking to much, becomes addicted and takes up hospital beds.

There are many roads to excess; no single one is preferable.

There are many roads to excess; no single one is preferable.

arguable. If someone does it because of grief etc then fine its understandle, but if someone just goes out every night binge drinking and then becomes addicted then surely they dont deserve any sympathy whatsoever?

arguable. If someone does it because of grief etc then fine its understandle, but if someone just goes out every night binge drinking and then becomes addicted then surely they dont deserve any sympathy whatsoever?

Sounds so easy in your posting.