NEurope
Rummy

Drinking

This is quite an interesting debate as it is easy to say that underage drinking is bad etc but like a few people have said not all underage drinkers are bad. For example i am 19 now when i was younger i did drink underage (not all the time though, just at peoples houses for partys etc) and i never made or got into any trouble. I do disagree with the underage drinking when they do it in the street, they are the kind of people that seem to go on to cause anti-social behaviour, now it is true that some adults also do this.

I work in security at an Asda store in my town and we get abit of trouble hear and there with the odd drunkin git in the evenings wandering into the store trying to nick a few sandwiches but we also do have the kids near the store drinkin some beer and then come into store trying to give people shit. On saturday just gone there was a music festival just across the store and that has to be one of the worst nights i have experienced, almost every young person seemed pissed out of there face and were causing nothin but trouble, smashed one of our windows, myself and other colleagues were called all the names under the son because we wouldn't let them go the toliet because we close at 10. (The toliets had already been trashed earlier on) We had about 14 yr old girls going on the spirits isle and opening up whisky and having a swig then putting it back.

Something does need to be done because it can't go on like this, the route of drinking under 18 is illegal and the purchase of it and if we catch people selling it to under18's they would be prosacuted. It is obviously not working because in my opinion anti-social behaviour is getting worse.

I dont drink. It annoys me when me and my friends go out, as Im always the one left sober, to hold the hair out of the faces of people throwing up. And even after that, they brag about how pissed they get, like its a good thing.

I dont think underage drinking is acceptable. My friend(15) was recently diagnosed with high Blood Pressure because she drank so much alcohol most weekends. Teenagers arent supposed to get high blood pressure!

Its stopped her drinking though, it gave her a right scare.

I think he was talking about these 14-15 year old yuppies you see plastered in parks and street corners etc.l

I think the reason drink doesn't seem like "oooo drink I need it!" is because I've been allowed it at home from an age when i wanted to try it. Its now just kind of normal, unlike the chavs on streets that drink stupid amounts and attack people (which as I said in a thread happened to me)

I'm 15, soon to be 16 and I drink, not much really, when i'm round a mates house a couple or beers. Or when I go to a party, not very much at all, think i've been to 3 this year, twice I have been drunk. Not excessivly because I know when to stop. But The other time this year, I had my drink spiked and I felt terrible. In a way though it kind of helped, it just re-confirmed that I dont ever want to drink that much, and never will do. I think people that go out just to get drunk are idiots and should be thrown off some sort of very high building, or shown the affects of alcoholism.

To be fair, being excessively drunk can be fun.

excessively? Not throwing up drunk surely?

excessively? Not throwing up drunk surely?

I dont seem to throw up when im drunk, only if someone has spiked my drink.

Neither do I, I have a strong stomach. Although there was this one time the morning after, I couldn't stop throwing up bile. But that was related to what I drank rather than how much I drank.

Either way, it all depends on the way alcohol makes you behave. If you get violent and abusive, then you should have sense enough not to drink excessively.

I dont drink. It annoys me when me and my friends go out, as Im always the one left sober, to hold the hair out of the faces of people throwing up. And even after that, they brag about how pissed they get, like its a good thing.
Have you tried drinking? You might actually have fun....

"Could you buy me a drink *hic* pleaseeeee"

I just tell them to fuck off, kids.

I get that, albeit with fags. They seem to think that because I have long hair I'm a hippy, and that I'll either buy them or give them fags, or lend them a quid for them.

I suggest that they a.) get a job, and b.) fuck off.

Neither do I, I have a strong stomach. Although there was this one time the morning after, I couldn't stop throwing up bile. But that was related to what I drank rather than how much I drank.

Either way, it all depends on the way alcohol makes you behave. If you get violent and abusive, then you should have sense enough not to drink excessively.

I get happy and start hugging and kissing people, then dancing terribly. I have a friend so gets a bit angry to I make sure I don't dance near him.

I dont seem to throw up when im drunk, only if someone has spiked my drink.

I know what you mean..I'd never thrown up or felt even vaguely ill before, and then suddenly whens my drinks spiked I throw up..alot.

But the reason why I do drink when I do is because It makes me feel great, Forgetting exams and the like for a night is perfect and just being able to laugh a bit more than usual/swerve a bit while walking. Its all fun, intill someone's thick enough to go that extra mile and drink too much.

But i think it is ok for people underage to drink..as long as either their sensible enough to do it carefully or theres some kind of supervision. Basically Chavs (well the ones min my school at least) should be banned from going anywhere near a bottle.

And anyone who get violent when drinking shouldn't drink fullstop. Though most people just end up dancing badly which is great fun.

Have you tried drinking? You might actually have fun....

Yes, and Im not so fun when Im drunk.

Yes, and Im not so fun when Im drunk.

I bet we could have fun, we could rave it up to Madonna.

When I was 15/16 we had house parties every weekend. Got really drunk with my mates, caused no trouble and had a good laugh. I had a brush with alcoholism when I was 17 apparently but I'm all good. I do drink a lot now but not every day like I have done. In fact I had 4 pints on the train. I gonna have some Ricard in minute and go to Download festival tomorrow and get drunk as fuck for a few days. Drinking is all good as long as you ain't a ****.

I don't drink. Recently I've been drinking cider but that's nothing.

The only time I have gotten drunk was that time I mentioned a while ago with the Uki's, it was funny but not fun.

I just choose not to drink.

I propose an Italian approach is needed: lower the drinking age to 16, and encourage families to give alcohol to kids with meals from a young age. This makes alcohol loose it's iconic status amongst teenagers, and means they can control it better.

I swear Magners is so much nicer than Bulmers, but my freinds tell me there is no difference.

I propose an Italian approach is needed: lower the drinking age to 16, and encourage families to give alcohol to kids with meals from a young age. This makes alcohol loose it's iconic status amongst teenagers, and means they can control it better.

thats what my parents did, it worked, I hate all my mates getting excited over alcohol, its just a bloody drink.

I do a dance on the way to the pub. It's call it the pub dance. But then again i get excited over the smallest things, its just me. I do love the pub :)

thats what my parents did, it worked, I hate all my mates getting excited over alcohol, its just a bloody drink.

My parents tried to, I just didn't drink as I hate beer and wine.

I like WKD, but I only drink 3 at a party at the most, in between I stick to J2O (I'm such a girl :heh:).

Once I start driving, I wont drink at all if I'm planning on using aforementioned skill...

I do a dance on the way to the pub. It's call it the pub dance. But then again i get excited over the smallest things, its just me. I do love the pub :)

well your excited over the pub then, thats fine lol..its just being excited over a drink is just strange in my book..unless its some amazing tasting thing.

My parents tried to, I just didn't drink as I hate beer and wine.

I like WKD, but I only drink 3 at a party at the most, in between I stick to J2O (I'm such a girl :heh:).

Once I start driving, I wont drink at all if I'm planning on using aforementioned skill...

J2O's the best drink ever.

Part of it is a cultural thing. I joined my local village's friendly society this year, and if it's your first year you get to be "drummed in" where you basically have to drink as much beer from a gallon jug a possible without removing it from your lips (I have a picture of me doing it somewhere, I lasted about 40 seconds). That same day I consumed 12 pints, although this over a period of 18 hours.

Drinking is fun now and again, but I've only ever been drunk enough to have memory loss occur once. The only time drinking isn't fun is when it becomes anti-social, which it never should.

well your excited over the pub then, thats fine lol..its just being excited over a drink is just strange in my book..unless its some amazing tasting thing.

J2O's the best drink ever.

I get excited over J20's. :heh:

And chocolate milk! :wink: