NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Portlett

relationships

ok my mate knew I liked this girl, one night we were out I was gettin on with her fine dancing/talking etc I then went home cos i had a lift, it was the only way I could get back. My mate then got with this girl, he didn't really like her at the time but a month or so later said sum of the motivation for getting with her was bcos I liked her. I come back from uni about a week ago, ive seen my mate but I learn from someone else that they're now going out, he didnt say anything.

Just wondered what everyone else thinks about this situation.

People are vindictive, selfish bastards. That's all you need to remember in life.

Secondly, you can't treat a girl like she's "yours" if you liked her you should have gone for her before he did. Unfair? Tough titties.

no yeh I know I should have done something, but still it feels a little weird because this guy 'is'? my 'best' friend.

People are vindictive, selfish bastards. That's all you need to remember in life.

I second that!

Its shitty cos his reasons for getting with her suck.

Secondly, you can't treat a girl like she's "yours" if you liked her you should have gone for her before he did. Unfair? Tough titties.

Yeah fair's fair on that point. But it's one of those unwritten rules, if your mate likes a girl, then you don't go after her.

He did the wrong thing. Giving in to such tempations are UNCOOL for mates.

But what to do now that's the situation? Well I'd probably be pissed off at him for a fair while. How long/much did you like the girl, and how long/much did your friend know this?

You should be pissed off with your friend, if he knew you liked that girl he shouldn't have gone after her. But, maybe he already liked her and going by the previous logic that would mean neither of you could have got her.

Your mate sucks. Even if they're both very serious about each other, he went the wrong way about it - definitely should've told you when he saw you. You should be pretty pissed at him, for some time.

The Bard's right, but you, you have a really shit mate. Get new friends.

Yes more fool you for not making a move but like others have said he is a shit friend to do that to you. If he had genuine feelings for her then he should of talked to you bout it but from what you have said his reasons are crap. It's like 'oh ur not making a move so i will just so i can rub it in ur face' Real friends don't do that....

i fancied a girl for a long time (9months ish) and my best mate asked her out and she said yes. I haven't spoken to him properly since (been over a year) yet I see him everyday. i still talk to her though.

Sorry, but life's a bitch. I've learnt that and I'm sure a lot of other people have. I've got pain and i've got experience too and life sucks, sorry.

Most lads will dip their wick before they consider your friendship. You know you've found a good (male) friend when you can trust them with meaningful things. The above image is hilarious. Personally, I would of kicked the shit out of him if he was meant to be one of my friends. Not because I'm hard, but because he knew you had feelings for her.

My mate then got with this girl, he didn't really like her at the time but a month or so later said sum of the motivation for getting with her was bcos I liked her.

He's not your friend if that happend. It shows just how much of a bastard he is if he is willing to do that to his best friend and I'd imagine that girl would be pissed if she found out that the only reason her boyfriend got with her was to spite his friend, especially for no reason other than his own satisfaction. Perhaps you should've made a move and got with her but thats your choice, you can't change the fact that he is an utter bastard. Like someone else said, get new friends.

To be honest you can't have been close friends to begin with. He certainly didn't see it that way.

Thats my philosophy; "sooner or later the people you love will let you down."

Yeah it sucks but nobody was in the right really (except maybe the, seemingly clueless, girl who didn't know how you felt). You should have said anything. Opportunities will slip through your fingers if you let them. And, not knowing this as you didn't say, but if you just said you "liked" her then how was your friend to know that you "liked her liked her". A teenage male tends to "like" a lot of women and/or men, it comes with the age. Did you make it clear you'd like to pursue something with her (and furthermore you will pursue it) or was it more of a casual "I like that chick." "Yeah, shes hot. So is that chick in Eng Lit". Men spend a lot of time talking about hot people.

Its shitty the way hes done it, but it could have been worse. Chalk it up as a life experience; don't let opportunities go unseized and be more careful with this particular friend (and if you want to turn into a jaded bastard like me, any friend).

Obviously I'm sorry to hear you're hurt but as I say. Learn from it.

Relationships suck. My ex has a new bf, I'm not happy. Glad my gf doesn't read this forum :) Sorry to hear bout your problem dude, but like everyone says.. everyone is looking after number 1 in the end.

If your ex has a new boyfriend and you also have a new girlfriend, why does it matter about your ex?

If your ex has a new boyfriend and you also have a new girlfriend, why does it matter about your ex?

She dumped me.. I never stopped liking her :) If I didn't work with her every saturday I would have forgotten bout her. My new gf may be judged as better looking, but shes just not my ex :P Dam girls

I realise this is harsh on my gf.... I like her but meh.

Sign in to follow this