NEurope
UK

Smoking

I'm just glad I'm going back to Australia. It's warm and so we don't mind going outside. In fact, we're normally outside anyway.

i dont drink because i dont want to loose control of my mind - not even a little bit ( i read that in a post by someone on the forum - i agree with it completly)

It's not a tab of acid for crying out loud.

Used to occassionly at the pub, not interested anymore.

This July first thing just makes me laugh.

Can you believe most people have it in there heads you won't be able to smoke anywhere but your own home.

I can't wait till July first, to be able to smoke in the street and get knob heads arrested for wasting police time when I tell anyone who complains to me to call the police.

I personally hate smoking as i used to smoke and come July 1st i will be reporting any public places that do not stop people from smoking.

This July first thing just makes me laugh.

Can you believe most people have it in there heads you won't be able to smoke anywhere but your own home.

I can't wait till July first, to be able to smoke in the street and get knob heads arrested for wasting police time when I tell anyone who complains to me to call the police.

Realistically...that wont actually happen.

My dad smokes, my mom smokes, now my brother has started smoking, he carries a pack of Marlboro in his pocket all the time, and he has a smoke in our bedroom whenever he's in there. Some nights when I go to bed, damn bedroom stinks of smoke, as if the bedroom didn't smell bad enough!

I don't mind smokers, I just don't like the people who look at smokers as if they're vermin.

Some people don't realise how hard it is for some people to just stop smoking altogether, both my parents have said they can't stop smoking, and they told me not to start smoking, so I won't.

Drinking, however, is something I will do. Although not too much, I'd go out with mates and drink, yeah, but I won't buy cans of lager to drink while sitting at home.

and the whole "looking cool" thing with smoking is stupid, everyone says ppl smoke cos they think they look cool, their wrong, ppl smoke cos their addicted to it.

Ah, but they start because they think it looks cool...

Actually, they could get you arrested due to the fact that smoking near others is technically manslaughter.

They won't, but bare that in mind...

Actually, they could get you arrested due to the fact that smoking near others is technically manslaughter.

Exactly what I said earlier in the thread. Smoking kills other people around you too. If you do it your just plain selfish.

If you do it your just plain selfish.

Not if you do it on your own, or only with other smokers.

But doing at all inside, or near others outside is just plain mean. :mad:

Not if you do it on your own, or only with other smokers.

But doing at all inside, or near others outside is just plain mean. :mad:

thats what I meant, on your own is fine, around other people and you should be arrested.

thats what I meant, on your own is fine, around other people and you should be arrested.

Arrested? What's the point in that?

I propose on the spot executions! :yay:

Arrested? What's the point in that?

I propose on the spot executions! :yay:

even better!

someone make a petition for that lol

You'd think that, but for some reason I've been thinking along the same lines as rokhed, that some tit IS gonna call the police on someone for smoking in the street, or at a bus stop(apparently next on their hitlist). As for arresting you for manslaughter, that's just stupid, it'd never stand as it's not a significant enough contribution plus I imagine it's lacking sufficient intent also, in fact, it's completely ludicrous you could think it even possible to be done. I don't think it is actually, technically, manslaughter.

Not related to anything or anyone in particular, but I keep seeing it in people's posts, and I'm pretty sure the term is to bear things in mind, not bare.

I don't smoke. I have never smoked. I do not intend to smoke. It's a filthy habit, ages you, makes you reek, stains your clothes (smell), skin, teeth, fingernails etc. I find it extremely ignorant if someone smokes whilst talking to you or if you speak to someone who has recently been smoking, because I can't stand the smell or the fact that people blow it into your face. It's also horrible to be out in a public place and eating or drinking and someone near you is smoking.

Also, when I have children in the future I don't want to damage their health through passive smoking and make their clothes stink of smoke etc., or make them smoke in the future, or subject them to seeing me or themselves die early due to smoking-related cancer/other diseases.

I personally hate smoking as i used to smoke and come July 1st i will be reporting any public places that do not stop people from smoking.

Make sure you know what the law actually covers first though, otherwise you'll only end up making yourself look stupid.

Police time is valuable, if they're called out enough times over something like this a caller will eventually get charged with wasting police time. I mean, they could be out their with their radar guns, anything but tackling real crime.

They'd have to wait for that persons death, and subsequent autopsy, first though.

As for arresting you for manslaughter, that's just stupid, it'd never stand as it's not a significant enough contribution plus I imagine it's lacking sufficient intent also, in fact, it's completely ludicrous you could think it even possible to be done. I don't think it is actually, technically, manslaughter.

That's why I said manslaughter instead of murder...

It is, technically, manslaughter. It's an action which leads to the unintentional death of a person, and is not in self-defence.

They'd have to wait for that persons death, and subsequent autopsy, first though.

Ok then, criminal negligence. You know it's physically hurting them, but you're still doing it near them.

Hell, you could even get them for GBH which it is.

I choked on my first siggy, the shame prevents me from doing it again. :heh:

You could always argure that if it was deemed manslaughter it could be argued it was suicide.

If I'm standing outside and someone comes and stands next to me. It's their choice to stand there. I'm not forcing them and so has nothing to do with manslaughter.

And the ban only covers enclosed indoor public spaces.

You'll still be smelling of smoke as all the smokers will be by the door or in the designated outside smoking area. So basically in summer all non-smokers are still buggered.

Oh and I didn't start smoking because I thought it looked cool.

Ok then, criminal negligence. You know it's physically hurting them, but you're still doing it near them.

Hell, you could even get them for GBH which it is.

Nothing could be proved till it got to an autopsy though, unless you know anyone who would be willing to give up their lungs for a petty crime.

Nothing could be proved till it got to an autopsy though, unless you know anyone who would be willing to give up their lungs for a petty crime.

petty crime? comon' its not "petty" is it. People should only smoke in their houses. Other people don't want to smell it or die young because of someone stupid enough to smoke in the first place.

petty crime? comon' its not "petty" is it. People should only smoke in their houses. Other people don't want to smell it or die young because of someone stupid enough to smoke in the first place.

Not everyone is as bothered about it as you, and not everyone is as susceptible.

Like any crime it has to be proven in a court of law, and you're going to need evidence for that, aka someones lungs.

Just so you know, I'm not being serious. You could say the same for having a bonfire or just driving a car.:blank:

I still think it's a bit negligent to do it while walking down a busy street, though...