NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 2007?!

No chance, we haven't even seen footage of it yet, in fact I don;t even think it's been confirmed (although it will obviously happen)
Just because there hasn't been footage of it yet doesn't mean it can't be first shown at E3 and be out by the end of the year.

But seeing how it's Nintendo and Mario Kart (and the fact there's already three AAA titles due this year), it's VERY unlikely I know; but games have appeared out of nowhere before!

Even if it is true (doubtful, they could easily just say "oh we had unforseen problems so it got delayed", hell they could even say "oops, mean SSB") he left out one important detail.

This calendar year or this financial year? As with the latter they still have 10 months. His job would mean he has to often think in terms of the financial year.

MarioKart DS had it's charms but it was too slow just like most previous mariokarts, I agree that the items need to be looked at with regard to distance ahead and i don't think there is any need to have loads of rubbish karts this time. Oh and i really wish they stopped the whole waggle left and right to get a mini boost, i have always hated that.

I suppose it could be like the arcade version, i only played that once and i can't remember it being that good but then it was my first try at MK with a steering wheel. I think the arcade version brought back coins thou didn't it?? :)

MarioKart DS had it's charms but it was too slow just like most previous mariokarts, I agree that the items need to be looked at with regard to distance ahead and i don't think there is any need to have loads of rubbish karts this time. Oh and i really wish they stopped the whole waggle left and right to get a mini boost, i have always hated that.

:)

They should really tone down the snaking potential i agree. I'm very good at mario kart ds but it's a very hard game for newcomers to get into. Basides on-line i could never fins a decent challenge. Tone is down to mario kart 64 standard. That was perfect.

Not every Christmas needs a Mario or Zelda. Nintendo will be fine for next year. All that matters is that Nintendo secure this Christmas and can compete with Halo 3 and GTA4, which they can with ease.

they need to remake mario kart 64 and give it wii controls + a makeover, the gameplay on that one was just too immense and soooo fun multiplayer wise...

Why do reviews hate that game?

Why do reviews hate that game?

I think the singleplayer is pretty shallow. Multiplayer is where it's at. Maybe that's why?

Best Mario Kart, overall, I think is MKDS.

It's shallow in all of them though. Double dash got better reviews but by far was not the better game. The ds version had the mission mode which made it only a little better. I don't know i still believ 64 is the best console mariokart. certainly the best for multiplayer.

i would say the original mariokart was the best gameplay wise (obviously not best multiplayer thou), 64 started the trend of making mushrooms pants and the annoying waggle sliding... plus it wasn't very fast :(

IMO that is : peace:

64 was fastest one ha

not when i played it, i don't think there was any call for the 'ha' :)

64 was fastest one ha

If you forget DS and DD.

I thought MK64 was as boring as hell, and unfair. When I last played it, I won every race becasue I was the worst player (not by far), and just got a good weapon near the end of every match.

They should make it more realistic. Not make it in to a sim, but make it so you have to go for pit stops after 6 laps or something, and get your kart repaired for damage you have recieved after being whacked by a shell. I think some sort of adventure mode where you can run around with your character and defeat enemies to get kart upgrades would be cool too.

If you forget DS and DD.

I thought MK64 was as boring as hell, and unfair. When I last played it, I won every race becasue I was the worst player (not by far), and just got a good weapon near the end of every match.

I used to play MK64 online a lot with an emulator, and I thought it stunk because of that.

I don't think it will, if the translation is correct, surely it must mean fiscal/financial year? I just can't see it happening, plus with Smash Bros out this year, I think it would make more sense to spread an online title out to a bit later.

It's not going to happen. Mario Kart Wii will but it'll probably be the big Christmas game from Nintendo for 2008, it has that cross-appeal for hardcores and casuals, and is huge in every gaming Territory.

I don't think we'll see it at E3 if I'm honest. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will be focusing on the Big 3, and revealing new games like this would only detract the hype and coverage of Metroid, Mario and Smash Bro's. Nintendo don't want to do that as it'd hurt sales.

I can see E3 being purely about the big 3, this new hardware device, some big name third party Wii projects and Nintendo's plan to introduce a system for small indie developers to make cheap games.

Best Mario Kart, overall, I think is MKDS.

I must agree. I love the game.

I had finished it and thought there's nothing left to do apart from time trials trying to beat my time of 45:225 on Baby park. There was one time, with a slower time than that, I was 00:001 seconds slower.

Then my data deleted. All online stats were still there but it was a new beginning in the game.

8 or 16 player online on this (or F-zero) will be a wet afternoon.

If you forget DS and DD.

Not a chance. Especially when you do the tracks like moo moo and choco on the ds. Feels much slower and i snake like hell.Trust me i would beat you:) mario karts are something i pride myself at.

not when i played it, i don't think there was any call for the 'ha' :)

especially tracks like bowsers castle which go faster sometimes for no reason.

I like my ha:(

The DS version of MK was the best by a mile; so frantic, and snaking actually added to it (well i would say that because all my mates could do it so we had some amazing races).

The Snes version is the second best; it was incredible.

The only thing I actively disliked abouut MKDS was snaking. I honestly don't care for it. And lets be reasonable people, Mario Kart is great not because it sates a need for speed. Which ties into why I hate snaking.

Assuming Nintendo can get Metroid, Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl out in 2007, I think Mario Kart could wait until Easter '08 which should fall in the 2007/08 financial year and hit stores at a time of strong sales.

That said, the earlier we get MK the better!

I found Mario Kart Super Curcuit on GBA the most enjoyable so far.

It relied more on basic racing and less on weapons. When getting out of a curve you only got a turbo boost if you did it in the right angle, no waggling left and right.

It relied more on basic racing and less on weapons. When getting out of a curve you only got a turbo boost if you did it in the right angle, no waggling left and right.

That stupid wagging is why I wouldn't play MK online if it had it.

Super curcuit was a great game, it comes close to the snes one for me. My only problem is when i went back to playing it a while ago, i couldn't get used to the frame rate :cry: i was in heaven when it first came out thou :awesome:

They fucked up the handling on the SNES beach tracks on Super Circuit for some reason. Apart from that, great game.

Sign in to follow this