NEurope
Portlett

Your earliest gaming memory..

I can barely even mind!

I began on a host of Commodore 64 games, those old cassettes... how times have changed... games I can remember include Ghostbusters, Total Recall and some game with animals... Animal Olympics?? I may have made that up, but there was definitely ice skating on a frozen river in it...

From there it went to something like... a Jaguar or a Spectrum where I played stuff like Thundercats... and from there I had a brief stint with some NES games before the Snes came along with Street Fighter II, F-Zero and Mario World.

I eventually owned a Commodore of my own and a Snes that I still have.

Amongst all that there was a ton of those wee handheld things you get such as Game and Watch, but alot of others besides. I cant remember exactly if I got into GameBoy before or after I was getting to grips with the Snes, but I do know that for a while Tetris was my favourite game ever! Bless.

:heh:

Playing Dizzy and some columns style atari game on my 5600. Remembering how awesome the games were.

Then the megadirve, that's where I have vivid memories of my early gaming to be honest. Namely, the Sonic games, which got me in to gaming.

Either Mario on the Original Gameboy or Super Mario All stars on the SNES

Oh man, Mario Land 1 on the Gameboy was amazing. The music was just so perfect, possibly the most memorable soundtrack ever.

First gaming memory takes me back to when i first played Tetris back in 89. Got the game and Gameboy for Christmas i think. Played it for a while and got hooked on it for about a week or two before my Dad started to play it. It was a great game then and still is a great game now.

Watching a friend's older brother playing Space Invaders, and a cousin playing pacman, on holiday when i was too short to see the screen without standing on a chair.

Either playing Super Marioe LAnd on someone elses gameboy or Mario 64 on someone elses N64. First console I ever owned was N64 with Lylat Wars :) Good times...

Probably as my cousin's playing the old BBC, games like Frogger. I also used to love Game and Watch at school!

Being bought a brand new NES (£25)...just before the N64 was about to come out! Mario Bros./Duck Hunt kept me content for literally 2 years! It was the only game I had.

Level 1 of Eledees.

Yeah, I have a terrible memory. :indeed:

Playing Dizzy...

Awesome.

Double dragon on erm (has a guess) Sega?

Ooo, that could have been almost any gaming system - Commodore 64, Speccy, NES, XBOX Live Arcade...!

Pokemon blue on my Red Gameboy Colour, when I was 5/6.

Mine was a Red original (black and white hardcore) gameboy and pokemon red, back in the days xD

For me it must of been something on the Comadore Vic 20 (2 Generations before the C64, with it's 5k of memory, lol) when I was about 5. No idea what game it could of been, but it was either bullett, doodlybug some free game that came with it that was a bit like pac-man. First game I hassled my folks to buy was called King Tut, from FineFare(The super market we used to go to).

Being envious of my mum for breaking 1 million points on Sonic 1 for the Master System. Sad thing is, she doesn't play anything more than Countdown now, despite having a PS2 of her own (which she's had for about 5 years and has used twice)...

My older bro and cous playing "Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory" on some atari i think it was atari 800

Unwrapping my first present one Christmas - I think I was about 5 - to discover "Maniac Mansion" and wondering what the hell it was.

It all clicked into place later on when I unwrapped my NES.

Monster Party on the NES, making custom Excite Bike Tracks and Playing Super Mario Land on Gameboy. All Geniune :)

My earliest gaming memory is playing Starwing on my uncles SNES.

Which is why that game is so special to me(and its fucking amazing).