NEurope
Slaggis

Firefox vs Internet Explorer 7

Firefox or Internet Explorer 7  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Firefox or Internet Explorer 7

• Internet Explorer 7
    • Firefox

I use both, but recently I had a virus invade my comp and infect IE so its now defunct.

I thought mozilla firefox was basically a poor mans IE7 but its actually pretty good. The fact its customisable its awesome.

Though I like the layout/overall look of IE7 more still.

Which do you prefer?

EDIT

sorry for missing out opera! But i was just wondering out of these 2 which is safer/easier way to surf web

Firefox, love the ability to add themes to it and i find it faster to use than IE7. I got used to using it ages ago, before IE7, cos it was faster than the old IE and you could use tabs.

Opera says HAY M8s

But really, I like Opera the best. Its Firefox plus better features but without extensions. Although I think it has a plugin system too.

Opera says HAY M8s

But really, I like Opera the best. Its Firefox plus better features but without extensions. Although I think it has a plugin system too.

This was gonna be my post, well, the part about Opera being the best anyway.

Firefox is decent enough (it's usability extends far beyond IE7) and it's the only major competition for IE7 on the interweb right now (with roughly 10% of shares, wich is a lot and the only competition Microsoft really has). I voted firefox, simply because I'm typing on it now and it works fine with me (on mac: it's way better than Safari, actually..)

I didn't even install IE7.

It will most likely fuck up my Firefox so I decided not to install ist. Paranoia ftw.

I didn't even install IE7.

It will most likely fuck up my Firefox so I decided not to install ist. Paranoia ftw.

I agree with that :)

But firefox being the poor mans IE? IE has always been the poor mans option...

I like my firefox with redshift v2 theme, everything is black/red. Actully pretty much everything on this pc is black/silver. Apart from that ugly white wlan antenna...

Been using IE7 ever since I installed Vista, the only thing I miss is the how modular FF's extensions are. I'm specially curious about greasemonkey.

I've never been an IE user, before i got my laptop i used Netscape (AOL). I went from that straight to Firefox because at the time it was more feature packed than IE (mainly the tabs).

I tried IE7 but tbh it doesn't offer much over Firefox and it would involve learning an new interface

I am using IE7 and finding it both easy and safe to use.

I did use Firefox but IE7 just is better for me atm

Well Opera is the best, now that I've started using it and finding all of it's features. But I still use all 3 browsers weirdly enough to do different things.

I use Opera for everyday things, I set IE7 homepage to Xbox.com and Hotmails so I can easily check both, and Firefox for legal torrents mostly because Opera is sometimes finicky when getting 'em. But in the end I guess I've been using IE7 more than Firefox.

But firefox being the poor mans IE? IE has always been the poor mans option...

QFT! Firefox user for years, don't like IE 6 or 7, and have never needed to try anything other than FF.

TBH i agree that Firefox 2.0 is a poor mans IE7. Mozilla need to find something new to beat IE with or give us a nicer looking browser because at the moment the only real difference is looks

TBH i agree that Firefox 2.0 is a poor mans IE7. Mozilla need to find something new to beat IE with or give us a nicer looking browser because at the moment the only real difference is looks

Do we actually need anymore from our browsers now though? Firefox just looks more functional to me for some reason, and the whole extensions things means you can pick and choose what you would really want added to it overall.

IE7 has no free AdBlock extension. Therefore Firefox wins.

When I got Firefox I thought it was a massive upgrade from IE. I loved it, now with the spellcheck plus everything else it has (downloadhelper :heh: ) and themes it beats IE imo.

But then Opera > Firefox.

I use Firefox all the time since installing it a few months back, it is much safer, easier and faster to load than IE. I also like all the themes that come with Firefox as well plus there are loads to choose from as well.

Firefox for me. :)

I tried IE7, it seemed nice enough but it doesn't display RSS links in the great way Firefox does. I have a RSS link folder in Firefox's bookmark toolbar, I only need to click on it and mouse over each link when I want to know the latest news/updates.

Firefox is quick, easily customisable, and does everything I need it to do.

Firefox definitely wins, simply because it's themable, extendable and it just feels safer. I honestly do not trust Internet Explorer, it feels insecure, I can just feels the entire world watching wha I do online when I use IE.

Been a Mozilla user since the Mozilla Suite was at 1.3 Beta so that's quite a while, used it all the way up to 1.8 Beta when I switched to Firebird I think it was called then. So yeah, not used Internet Explorer on my home computer for quite a while :)

One thing I have to thank Mozilla for is that it's really what got me interested in open source stuff, been going more and more open source since then, now using Linux over Windows, OpenOffice.org instead of MS Office and of course Firefox instead of IE.