NEurope
conzer16

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta

Ewww, those glass effects along the top are awful! I'm so sick of the overuse of that style, and the Windows artists don't even do it very well!

I'll stick with what I have unless they force a change x_x

I was hoping MS would of included an Xbox Live Intergration for us UK guys, like they have done in the US...

But I forgot MS refuses to acknowledge the existence of anyone outside of the USA...

Anyway it sure does look swift

screenieck5.th.jpg

I still use 7.5

I hate the styling of Windows Live.

I love Windows Live Messenger once you remove the tabs, stop "today" popping up and use mess patch to remove all the advert banners, links, search button, spaces integration, paid packages crap etc etc.

Yeah it's a bit of hassle but it looks so clean :)

also the filtering feature is neat, now only people who are online only show!! a late but welcomed feature

downloaded 8.5

it looks better thna it does in those pics. Its pretty good.

Just d/led, quite liking this actually. It does look better than on those screenies.

dont know if this does it any justic, but it does look way better than previous versions

msnot6.jpg

Anyone know why my msn takes 10 minutes to sign in? I don't get any error messages and everything works fine, it just takes so long to sign in and I don't know why!

I thought if I installed this it might go back to normal but it still takes ages. Curious thing is, it only takes a few seconds to sign into my other account :hmm:

[edit] after a few seconds using this, I instantly hate it... but that's been the same with most of the upgrades. I'm sure I'll get it once there are patches to get rid of all the crap.

Anyone know why my msn takes 10 minutes to sign in? I don't get any error messages and everything works fine, it just takes so long to sign in and I don't know why!

I thought if I installed this it might go back to normal but it still takes ages. Curious thing is, it only takes a few seconds to sign into my other account :hmm:

[edit] after a few seconds using this, I instantly hate it... but that's been the same with most of the upgrades. I'm sure I'll get it once there are patches to get rid of all the crap.

all the crap?

all that stuff on the left side can be turned off..go to the options..it looks way better then.

Windows Live Messenger on XP looked like Vista and a lot better visually, but on Vista feels like an early build of its graphical design. I guess they just wanted everything to match.

Ok, word of warning, do not get this shit.

Since i d/led it, my pc crashed completely, i couldn't do a thing. But as soon as i managed to get to control pnael straight away, and got rid of this, my pc instantly has become fine again. I say stick with the old one to be safe for now.

This is buggy as fuck, admittedly.

Webcam just, refuses to work anymore and it often crashes for what seems to be no reason.

The webcam worked fine for me, i was sending it and recieving it for about an hour. But it did basically refuse to sign in at one point. And fucked up my pc. I really don't understand how they change it graphically and tweak it a little bit, and suddenly this shite doesn't work.

This is buggy as fuck, admittedly.

Webcam just, refuses to work anymore and it often crashes for what seems to be no reason.

Seconded, very buggy

I havent encountered any bugs but the webcam one yet.

However, it is one of the ugliest thing Ive ever seen. I hope they get rid of the strange boxes around peoples display pictures when they sign in..

Very very buggy. Unistalled it almost immediately. Will wait for the official release.

I like the bxes and I like the glass box at the top :blush:

Looks nice enough, not sure if i'd upgrade to it just yet though. Might wait a few more patches before downloading it.

odd, i have experienced no crashes so far

same, none at all