NEurope
Jimbob

Problem sharing Internet Connection

I'm having a problem sharing my Internet connection to my X-Box 360. I've got a Netgear DG834GT router and my PC Internet connection comes in via a Netgear WG111T Adaptor. My PC O/S is Vista and the connection encryption is WPA

I have managed to get the 360 online using another Internet Connection and been able to keep the Internet going on the PC, but when i try to share my own Internet Connection with the 360 a message box sometimes pops up with an "Error, unable to complete this operation, please try again" message or changes to shared connection but cuts off the net but keeps the connection to local. Does anyone know how i can get around this?

If you have a router, you don't need to share the connection. Plug the 360 into the router, change all the settings on the Xbox to automatic and that should work. That is unless you've changed the router settings to manual where you'll need to put in different numbers on the 360.

If you have a router, you don't need to share the connection. Plug the 360 into the router, change all the settings on the Xbox to automatic and that should work. That is unless you've changed the router settings to manual where you'll need to put in different numbers on the 360.

Sorry, forgot to mention, the router is downstairs under my stairs and the PC is in my room across the landing so a direct connection to the router is not possible.

SUPER LONG MEGA CORDS... Or just a wireless adapter for teh 360? Which are always handy to have.