NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

N-Europe chat discussion (plus full IRC guide.)

Shorty, you did quite purposefully encourage people to migrate to the IRC channel. You know what fucking vicious anarchist pigs hang around that place! (Hi guys!)

There have been a lot more complaints about the IRC channel than there has been positive feedback. I can't say anything as I can't use it, but advertising something that isn't meant to be linked with N-E, as an alternative to general chat in the forum, is wrong in my eyes.

There have been a lot more complaints about the IRC channel than there has been positive feedback. I can't say anything as I can't use it, but advertising something that isn't meant to be linked with N-E, as an alternative to general chat in the forum, is wrong in my eyes.

Ever heard the expression that if the service is good the people will only tell a couple of people but if it's bad the people will tell loads?

PS. Hi to all who remember me...

Hey hey. Go check out Vet as Platty and I agreed you deserve to be one.

We were trying to give people somewhere else to go who just want to post stuff saying "Bored" or "howdy" or stuff like that. Our partner chatroom is the most suitable place.

Ever heard the expression that if the service is good the people will only tell a couple of people but if it's bad the people will tell loads?

No.

;470686"]We were trying to give people somewhere else to go who just want to post stuff saying "Bored" or "howdy" or stuff like that. Our partner chatroom is the most suitable place.

I'd hardly call a chatroom run by elitists who seem to believe in a virtual version of the Third Reich a suitable place to direct members to. Whilst there is community spirit here, there is next to none there. Sorry, I don't mean to get involved but I don't see why N-Europe is supporting a third-party chatroom which is obviously getting a lot of bad feedback and that some people (naming no names, but no offense to those people) are now accepting no responsibility for the chatroom.

Unfortunately Tellyn, that's pretty much IRC in a nutshell.

Unfortunately Tellyn, that's pretty much IRC in a nutshell.

Fair enough, I'll leave it alone now.

Shaun of the Dead ftw by the way. :)

Damn it Tellyn, You're a hell of a lot more charismatic than me. I was attempting to make that point exactly.

Yeah I made an edit to reflect this, its now actually worse :heh: I'm still asking for it to be sorted, for now an irc client seems to be the only option.You're right. That makes you a good person.

How did I say it made me good or better? I was simply referring to the fact he didn't know who I was

Also, the comparisons made between the Nazis and an IRC channel are so amazingly cliché and old hat they barely are worth a response

I'd hardly call a chatroom run by elitists who seem to believe in a virtual version of the Third Reich a suitable place to direct members to. Whilst there is community spirit here, there is next to none there. Sorry, I don't mean to get involved but I don't see why N-Europe is supporting a third-party chatroom which is obviously getting a lot of bad feedback and that some people (naming no names, but no offense to those people) are now accepting no responsibility for the chatroom.

I'm glad the little ones who were behaving...poorly comes running back here complaining that they were in some way molested by us "evil third reich" IRC'ers.

But hey, thanks for comparing us to a genocidal dictatorships, I'm sure the Bush administration would love having you on board for their PR department.

It's not like everyone from here is being banned either :/

Just the ones

who were behaving...poorly

Ah now that's what I've been looking for. Nice to see that Allyn, ex member of the forums and has no clue who I am, has the right to ban people. Fantasic work again by the N-Europe staff.

Damn it Tellyn, You're a hell of a lot more charismatic than me. I was attempting to make that point exactly.

It's good to see that passing judgement on people you don't know is okay when it's in your favour, Fresh! *clap*

Yeah, we ban one person from a completely insignificant part of the world, and we're as bad as a man who slaughtered millions of people based on their religion and birthplace. Did you actually read that back to yourself or did you just figure "hey I managed to reference to Hitler that's good enough for me!"?

If you don't like how people are treated in #cube-europe, stop visiting. Honestly, I couldn't care less if you think it's bad. This place has nothing to do with that channel, and hasn't for a long time. Attempting to overrule it by whining on an internet forum is a) wasting your time, b) wasting my time, c) wasting bandwidth (yes, the fact minimal bandwidth is being used is part of the point).

I don't even understand what the problem is. We banned Fresh, yes. Did we give him a warning? Yes. He's not getting unbanned. You are MORE THAN WELCOME to go make #n-europe or whatever the hell you want, I assure you we won't mind. Now quit making the worst analogies ever conceived and claiming they're "charismatic", thanks. :-*

Come on, lads, lets play nicely. After all, it's only the internet. There's no point losing valuable time arguing over something so petty.

Lets just all learn to love each other, and spread harmony across the world. IRC, N-E, lets do it together!

Hi Allyn and BlackBird!

*blows a kiss back*

Why does it say posted by Fresh, if you just quoted me? Hmm, silly internet.

*blows a kiss back*

Why does it say posted by Fresh, if you just quoted me? Hmm, silly internet.

No idea, it said Fierce_LiNk in the [quote=%username bit. Who knows, maybe we'll have Zeik having admin access for a year without anyone realising, blank threads, invisible links to goatse all flooding back... If only. :P

Hehehe.

But yeah, guys, I wouldn't expect any of you to spam or anything of that sort here, and I wouldn't expect you to there either. To the important IRC people (I dunno who you are exactly, I haven't ever visited there, my bad), I think these guys just maybe got a bit carried a way. Please be lenient with them, they're ok really.

Remember, conduct yourselves well, and don't make an arse of yourself. The internet is watching you. With its eyes.

Aye, but still, there's always one or two fools (sorry fresh) who get a lil bit carried about. He'll probably think better of it in future!

Seems they have proven my orginal suspicions. Two words, Elitist pricks.

Aye, but still, there's always one or two fools (sorry fresh) who get a lil bit carried about. He'll probably think better of it in future!

Oh Flinky, Haven't you learnt by now? I'm relentless.

perhaps give them another chance? maybe? Who else got banned or was it just frsh(sorry fresh:))

Just give each other a chance, you'll all get along fine, I think.

Give peace a chance.

You're on to us. Now please stay out of our channels, we detest.... fresh blood.

Sign in to follow this