NEurope
Din

Metroid Prime

Proof that the great Ten10 has finally finished the fight after 3 years

Iwin.jpg

Now I think I'm going to replay the first game. Hopefully I can after that finish prime 2 within another 3 years so I'll fully understand what's going on in Prime 3.

Now I think I'm going to replay the first game. Hopefully I can after that finish prime 2 within another 3 years so I'll fully understand what's going on in Prime 3.

Congrats, now try for 100% to see the extra ending. :)

Congrats, now try for 100% to see the extra ending. :)

Don't talk about that, I have 100% scans and 99% of items, try looking for one damn missile in that massive world

Don't talk about that, I have 100% scans and 99% of items, try looking for one damn missile in that massive world

I had the same problem a month ago. I went through the 100% items walkthrough and I could swear I had got them all. Then I stumbled upon the last missile while randomly walking through Torvus. :D Why I never got that one was a mystery to me as it was in plain sight. :p

I have the honour to say I have 100% items :D Me and my friend spent hours playing it and communiccated via MSN about traveling around the place looking for expansions before we done the final boss.

Yay for extended ending.

Iwin.jpg

Big congrats for finally beating it. Do you feel your life is now complete :)

I feel like never doing it again, seriously. Probably because the game put a lot of restrictions on you, I didn't feel as free as I did in the first one. I'm replaying prime on hard and then I'll go back to the second to try 100%

I just finished the game with 99% and watched the extended ending on YouTube. No way I'm gonna waste time searching for that elusive extra 1%.

The extra ending in Prime 2 was quite shitty. Very unsurprising and not even satisfying since we can see that kin of thing several times during the game.

The one in Prime was awesome. I was quite disappointed when I see Dark Samus not having the eye on his hand. It seems they changed their design idea between Prime and Echoes and made it less monstruous. I was quite sad of that.

The extra ending in Prime 2 was quite shitty. Very unsurprising and not even satisfying since we can see that kin of thing several times during the game.

The one in Prime was awesome. I was quite disappointed when I see Dark Samus not having the eye on his hand. It seems they changed their design idea between Prime and Echoes and made it less monstruous. I was quite sad of that.

There's barely a bit I understood of that and i've completed the game :heh:

I've completed both Primes on Hard, 100% scans, 100% items.

I rock.

But for some reason, I can't be bothered doing the same for the handheld games.

tried Echoes again some time ago.. but had completely forgotten about that spider-ball boss.. tried 3 times and turned the thing off.. havent touched it since

Playing Prime 2 at the moment. Good game. The dark world parts are a bit annoying though.

Is it Metroid Prime that unlocks a new suit when you connect up Fusion? Cause guess what I just bought :heh:

Is it Metroid Prime that unlocks a new suit when you connect up Fusion? Cause guess what I just bought :heh:
Yeah, it's actually 4 new suits really!

They downgrade or upgrade along with the suits in Prime...

Varia -> Power -> Varia -> Gravity -> Phazon.

Except it's the four suits from Fusion!

fusionsuits.jpg

I think with the speed ball one there is a glitch where you can shoot at it before you enter the room. I don't remember where I read it, and I haven't tried it on the pal version but give shooting right infront of you before going in the room a shot.

I think with the speed ball one there is a glitch where you can shoot at it before you enter the room. I don't remember where I read it, and I haven't tried it on the pal version but give shooting right infront of you before going in the room a shot.

You can do something like that with the Jump Guardian, but not the Boost Guardian unfortunately. There's another trick you can use on the Boost Guardian to beat him easily, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Here's a vid of it. http://www.metroid2002.com/echoes/boss_tricks_boost_guardian.php

Here's a video of the Jump Guardian trick for those interested: http://www.metroid2002.com/echoes/boss_tricks_jump_guardian.php

I haven't finished either of them. Metroid Prime was a great game, I loved the adventure and the platform elements and the difficulty was good surprise. But by the time I reached the final boss I was sick and tired of losing countless times so I quit after three-four tries and haven't touched it since.

Metroid Prime 2 wasn't as good as the original, I didn't enjoy having to change between the dark and light world. If the worlds were completly different, I wouldn't be bothered, but I hated to constantly having to change world every five minute to look for small clues I couldn't find or look in the wrong place. And that bloody Boost boss....I was so pissed at it. I managed to beat it eventually. I quit playing when I was asked to collect those keys. There is no way I will backtrack every place I have been looking for dead aliens I can't find while being bugged by aliens I can't flee from(Oh god, I hate them so much)Worst fetch quest ever. I have played tons of RPGs, but this is definitively the worst fetch quest I have ever encountered. Sold it a few weeks after release and then rebought it earlier this year for less then 10 punds purely for collection purpose. It was sealed and I just had to open it and try to continue(I still had the file). I quit playing after a minute when I remembered why I sold it. Stupid me.

Just for the record, I haven't finished Metroid for VC either, and I'm not going to.

For some weird reason, I am going to buy Metroid Prime 3 :P

You can do something like that with the Jump Guardian, but not the Boost Guardian unfortunately. There's another trick you can use on the Boost Guardian to beat him easily, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Here's a vid of it. http://www.metroid2002.com/echoes/boss_tricks_boost_guardian.php

Here's a video of the Jump Guardian trick for those interested: http://www.metroid2002.com/echoes/boss_tricks_jump_guardian.php

Haha, thanks, but I beat the fucker before legit. :) Took me hours though.

...For some weird reason, I am going to buy Metroid Prime 3 :P

Haha, kind of a love/hate relationship you got there by the sound of it.

Spider guardian in Echoes is a real ****. lol

I don't mind the Spider guardian that much - I actually enjoy most of it; it's just incredibly frustrating at times. The boost ball guardian, on the other hand... :shakehead