NEurope
Din

Metroid Prime

I really liked Metroid Prime, it had the isolation mood of the 2D Metroids (or atleast, the NES and SNES ones) and it really felt like you where exploring a Metroid(as in the games) like planet.

I wouldn't call it a "perfect" transition from 2 to 3D. Good but not perfect. Most things are there, but the 3D games lack speed. Maybe the 3rd will be different, but I doubt it. What I mean with speed is just how acrobatic Samus is in the 2D games (especially near the end of a game), Samus is just very slow in 3D..

Anyway, I'm also still missing just 2 missile tanks I think. I have everything else (even the scans up 'till then I believe). Maybe people can give me some hints to where the best hidden missiles are located? I forgot which I already have, so I don't think GameFaqs will be much help :D (I'll have to check each location again).

Oh well, I'll go hunt down those last 2 expansions some time.. I turn off the music (allthough that's obviously not the preferred way to play Metroid ;)).

Super metroid is the best one,then comes metroid prime 1,then metroid fusion,then zero mission.then metroid echoes and the that crap hunters!

i never played the orginal and the gameboy one so i didn't include them

I felt just like you! In the exact same part! But don't worry, what I didn't know was that a room or 2 after there was a save point. So, keep trying.

What part are you talking about? I don't recognize the description he made, of an enemy that no visor shows.... It's been a while since I played the game, but I'll say I had no major problems in finishing it. It's a challenging game (the way it should be), but not as hard as some paint it.

What part are you talking about? I don't recognize the description he made, of an enemy that no visor shows.... It's been a while since I played the game, but I'll say I had no major problems in finishing it. It's a challenging game (the way it should be), but not as hard as some paint it.

Shino was talking about the room that has a dynamo or some electric generator in critial stage. In that same room there's a door that leads to a save point, but i'm not sure if it's unlocked or if you need to beat the invisible drone 1st.

Use the wave beam + missile combo. It will auto-aim to the mini-boss and grant you a win.

I wouldn't call it a "perfect" transition from 2 to 3D. Good but not perfect. Most things are there, but the 3D games lack speed.

That's true but I think a fast paced Metroid wouldn't work in 3D, you need a lot of precision in 3D for jumping and such. Now if she was moving fast in first person the levels had to be very big.

But I think the slower pace fits very well for an ego shooter and it gives the feeling of a much more powerful armor because you're pretty slow.

Shino was talking about the room that has a dynamo or some electric generator in critial stage. In that same room there's a door that leads to a save point, but i'm not sure if it's unlocked or if you need to beat the invisible drone 1st.

Use the wave beam + missile combo. It will auto-aim to the mini-boss and grant you a win.

I finally got around to try again, at first i died before i even got to the elite pirate, but then I backtracked to find two energy tanks i missed and the wavebuster. (thank you gamefaqs). By then I had gotten reaquinted with the controls, worked my way through the Phazon mines, whipped the elite pirates ass, and in the dreaded central dynamo the wavebuster made it laughably easy to destroy that cloaked drone.

I had several tanks left when I went down to get the superbombs. And now I am finally enjoying the game again, I just have to find time to play it in my busy schedule

Playing through Echoes at the moment (for the 4th time :D) and the game never seems to get any less incredible.

Echoes is beyond amazing. I need to play through it for a 3rd time. The Prime games were two perfectly designed games.

I always end up getting stuck. But that was a few years ago, so I think I'll try get into it again. Possibly tonight.

Is Echoes really that good? I've heard people say it's not as good as the first one.

Is Echoes really that good? I've heard people say it's not as good as the first one.

I like it better :).

Because the novelty factor isn't there anymore. And the level design is actually a bit more linear than in Prime.

But it's an amazing game nonetheless, everyone should see Sanctuary Fortress, it's beautiful.

By all means play echoes it's brilliant. but you may find it very difficult if you haven't played the first. my other problem with echoes was that the envoirments looked all similiar enough to each other. About the same problem i had with sunshine. i like my fire areas,snow,techno etc

Curiously enough, I killed all of the 4 main bosses in Echoes in my first go at them. They were all much easier than anything in Prime. Thardus and Omega Pirate from Prime, those killed me a few times. Incredibly, the Boost guardian killed me nearly 10 times, but the main bosses were a breeze.

Also Alpha Blogg (sub-boss) took me 3 attemps and that was a chore because he's the only guy in both games that makes you repeat a rather long portion of the game in order to get to him from the last save station. And to make it all the more sadistic just before you go and fight him you actually end up in the room that has the Save Station... except at this point you can't get to it (you need the gravity boost to reach it from this point of the room). Aaaargh.

My friend in Brighton has my copy of Prime (and Wind Waker and XIII for that matter) and I've his copy of the Zelda bonus disk.

I need to swap back ASAP because I'm REALLY feeling the need to play through Prime once again!

Like I quoted Dabookerman on the previous page: This game was the Ocarina Of Time of the Gamecube!

Darn this thread ressurection. Now I have to play through both games again.

Incredibly, the Boost guardian killed me nearly 10 times, but the main bosses were a breeze.

Ah yes, the Boost Guardian on Hard mode. *Shudders* Never again...

Ah yes, the Boost Guardian on Hard mode. *Shudders* Never again...

This is the only part of the game that pisses me off! Feels great beating the bugger though!

Darn this thread ressurection. Now I have to play through both games again.

My bad, I just needed to tell the forum that I´m enjoying the game again after I put it in the bottom of the pile half a year ago...

I've only beaten this game 4 times and none of them were at 100%. I might dig out the game and see what i missed out on to get the 100% ending. This is an awesome game mind you.

Ah yes, the boost ball guardian on hard mode. Even when i did defeat him i still dont really have a proper strategy and not sure how i kill him! I hate the big room you have to go through to get to him, its creepy.

Echoes was not as good bard due to level design, music wasnt as good, ammunition and no ice-beam combo!

and youve made me want to play them through again. dunno if i really want to but oh well

Best game of the last generation. I remember how it blew me away at the time, graphically mind blowing, deep gameplay and a great feeling of being stranded on an alien planet.

Best game of the last generation. I remember how it blew me away at the time, graphically mind blowing, deep gameplay and a great feeling of being stranded on an alien planet.

What's the best game of this Gen then. Can't think of one better than Prime at the moment.

What's the best game of this Gen then. Can't think of one better than Prime at the moment.

he means prime is by your logic is the best this gen game. but it really should be called last gen. Cmon the way i see it this gen is the 360,ps3 and wii