NEurope
Din

Metroid Prime

great adventure shooter game, piss poor metroid game.

I disagree with that. It's certainly up there as one of the best metroid games, imo.

I disagree aswell, it is my second favourite game for the Gamecube and probably one of the best games I have ever played.

I disagree with that. It's certainly up there as one of the best metroid games, imo.
Seconded. I have played all Metroid games and Prime is my favourite. It has everything the 2D Metroid games have in 3D.

Seconded. I have played all Metroid games and Prime is my favourite. It has everything the 2D Metroid games have in 3D.

...like? it had barely anything to do with metroids. it seemed as if Retro just threw some in in the middle of the game and called that thing at the end a metroid.

...like? it had barely anything to do with metroids. it seemed as if Retro just threw some in in the middle of the game and called that thing at the end a metroid.
It has all the gameplay elements from the 2D Metroid games:exploration, morph ball, shooting, huge bosses, platforming, ... It also had the same atmosphere, there's a huge world waiting for you to be seen and secret places to be discovered. The metroids played a big role in the story; Samus discovers space pirate bases on Tallon IV where metroids are being experimented on with Phazon. To me it's not like the metroids where thrown in.

Metroid Prime is my favourite Metroid game. It just transferred everything from the 2D metroids into 3D. The only thing that changed is the first-person perpective. It's comparable to the transfer to 3D of the Zelda series with Ocarina of Time and the Mario series with Super Mario 64.

it dosent really need the metroids imo, but thats no reason to disslike the game, i mean, metroid is the serise name, like zelda is the serise name. majoras mask didnt have zelda in for more then a cyut sceene, should it have lost the zelda name? what about links awakning, zelda wasnt even in that at all. its certainly the best metroid game ive played (the origional you unlock feels awful to play, but zero misshion is good) the only metroid games i havent played are super metroid and metroid 2. prime is the best ive played by a good bit, and they all rock.

its sad, i never finished the first one. I was not that far from finishing the game. i had to unlock some door. to get to elete pyrate (i think) whell the last pyrate boss you fight. :p

What I did was print out a list of all the missile and energy expansion locations from gamefaqs, then I ticked 'em off when I got them, sad , but the only way I could get 100%.

Echoes was good, but somehow they expanded upon what made the first one frustrating, and made it even more so. Fighting Dark Samus was cool, but the final boss was shite.

An awesome game realised perfectly in 3D. Can't wait for the third installment. No dark world please!

Too bad Echoes didn't have the same feeling that Prime did. I just didn't like it as much although it's a good game. The feeling that I was playing something great was just gone. I also didn't like the linearity of Echoes and the key collecting felt a bit weird to me.

Yeah i didn't think echoes had the same quality that prime did. The locations were more drab and a lot of it was just collect a go to b collect c go to d etc. especially with the keys.

Having said that I did enjoy it just not as much

I think the thing with Metroid Prime 1 and 2 is that the freshness had vanished from the sequel, which made the game less of a "Holy Sweet" effect on you. It was still great but 1 just has that magical originality touch.

Metroid Prime is easily the zelda oot of the cube generation, everything about it is perfect, the length, the gameplay, the controls, the graphics, the music. its all simply awesome. its my first favourite game on cube and second favourite game ever

I absolutely loved this game. Like dabookerman said it's the oot of the cube generation. I'm actually trying to make a speed run of it. I try to get 100% in 3 hours (not awesome but good enough to me).

I sorry I totally disagree with you. It has everything you want from a Metroid game (as others have mentioned). I really do think it is the best in the whole series. It has been made a perfect transition from 2D to 3D IMO.

prime was my first metroid game so the first person did not effect me allowing for me to enjoy it alot more. my brother who is a seasoned gamer (and a n00b) he cound not even finish the first space ship part becuase of the first person view. on the other hand it one of the best layout game his gen and my favourite on the cube.

Retro Studios made a great job in convert a world 2D to a incredible world 3D, with challenge and elements of the Metroid serie. I love Metroid Prime. Is my second metroid game that i like. In my top of preference is Super Metroid.

I loved this game, it was amazingly well detailed with just the little things. I just wish people would stop comparing it to Halo, Halo will just end up getting it's feeling hurt.

so... what do you all think of

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.:. Dark Samus Ending

to me that was A WASTE

good thing i didn;t even bother collecting all stuff:D

so... what do you all think of

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.:. Dark Samus Ending

to me that was A WASTE

Cheers for the spoiler.......... "mate"!

Use the spoiler boxes next time; they're there for a reason!

LOL

wait have you played Metroid Prime 2

never mind

should i delete the message or not:P

:D

I'm not a huge Metroid fan, but i do think that Prime and Echoes are two of the greatest games i have ever played besides Ocarina of Time.

I really ought to complete Echoes soon when i get round to playing on the game again. I completed Prime with only 90% of all items and 86% scans. I must try harder to get 100% everything next time

Metroid Prime is easily the zelda oot of the cube generation, everything about it is perfect, the length, the gameplay, the controls, the graphics, the music. its all simply awesome. its my first favourite game on cube and second favourite game ever

My sentiments EXACTLY!

To say it seems the metroids were just thrown-in isn't well-founded!

Did you actually utilise your scan visor much at all?

scanning is how you are "told" the game's storyline and that storyline was great!

What a game, absolutely breathtaking!

As much as i dislike FPS I decided to give this game a chance since I really like 2d Metroid and many reviews says its more adventure than shooter. I really enjoyed the game until I got to the Phazon mines, I played for a long while and with no save points I was running a little short on energy, no panic but still, then I finally reach this room where something that no visor showed starts shooting at me. I panic and for about two minutes I jump around dodge and I have no idea where to hide, then I die and don´t feel like loading and going through all those rooms again for another hapless try in that death-room.

This was a month ago and I still don´t feel like loading up the game. So much gametime without saving was wasted and I can´t get on with the game. This conflicts with my nerdish dutyful side which wants to beat all the games I own.

Help me! What should I do?

I felt just like you! In the exact same part! But don't worry, what I didn't know was that a room or 2 after there was a save point. So, keep trying.