NEurope
Din

Metroid Prime

I'm playing through this amazing game again but this time I'm trying to get 100%. Currently I have 93% and I need 4 missile upgrades to get to 250 and 1 energy tank. Now the I have all the missiles from every area but Chozo Ruins. So I'm going to have to go through there to see what I've missed. I have no idea which energy tank I haven't got so it's that's a bastard!

So I might actually get to see the "proper" ending this time! That's if I can defeat Meta Ridley (grrrrrrrr) again! I hate him.

It's my favourite Cube game. Every now and then I start up the game to just wander around with no purpose. Meta-Ridley isn't that hard if you understand it's pattern. And good luck getting 100%, every item makes a low humming noise, but you probably already knew that.

This is one of my favourite GC games and Meta Ridley easily goes down as being one of my favourite EVER boss fights, it's just so sool!!

Currently playing the sequel and whilst the storyline is better, i'm not a huge fan of the dark world, i can't wait to get those bits done when i get to them!

I'll need to play through the original again sometime aswell, to get 100%; i got the second ending last time.

It's a great game. The bosses are excellent, even tho some of them are bitches! *looks at meta ridley*

Currently playing the sequel and whilst the storyline is better, i'm not a huge fan of the dark world, i can't wait to get those bits done when i get to them!

Echoes is also good but not as good as Prime. I do agree with you about the Dark World as I wasn't as massive fan of it either. But I don't think it spoils the game as it's supposed to be an evil place that you don't want to be. Might start on this next and try for 100%.

I think after playing Prime again it has become my favourite GameCube game.

Sorry guys, Im not a huge Metroid fan! Fusions my favourite but thats not really saying a great deal cos I love many a game more than I do it. Hearing you talk of Prime almost makes me wanna go back and play it and see what Ive missed - see if I can discover the joy you find in it. But I know I wont. I got to Meta Ridley and wasnt enthralled. I thought Phendrana was the best locale but it still wasnt great...

Metroid Prime is probably my 2nd fave 'Cube game. First weirdly enough being Killer7. More to the point, Metroid Prime is an astounding game and so much better than the sequal. I've seen the 100% ending, if you've played Echoes you'll know what to expect.

It's a great game. The bosses are excellent, even tho some of them are bitches! *looks at meta ridley*

I thought Meta Ridley was easy :eer:

prime is hit and miss, its not halo, its not fast paced, its about exploring, aand it excells there. i think in echos the light world was great but the dark world was boring, with out anything of much interest to scan (like trooper logs or the lumineth lore)

Metroid Prime was fantastic.... but only for the first but in the jungly ruins area, with the massive plant boss, after theat, and to a lesser extent Phendrana (sp) drifts I quickly lost interest in the game - especially once it got into all the high tech research lab areas, oh well still got to see the Meta ridley and Metroid Prime boss fights, which were cool (did Metroid Prime's final form remind anyone else of the Krazoa spirits from Starfox, or is that just me?)

Hey does anyone know where I can find the ending video. I tried my best to complete it 100% yet couldn't do it and have given up hope (Tis annoying when you spend countless hours aiming for one thing and then failing :heh: )

Yop the game is good

but too boringi find Echoes much better, Prime is better in a different way

but echoes has more weapons, items and stuff?

This is my faovourite game of this generation. I have finished it about 4-5 times. Especially Sequence Breaking is a lot of fun to do in this game.

I remember when I first fought Meta Ridley. He got me with that quick attack so many times. Luckily I managed to get him with only 4 hp left and no energy tanks left.

Too bad Echoes didn't have the same feeling that Prime did. I just didn't like it as much although it's a good game. The feeling that I was playing something great was just gone. I also didn't like the linearity of Echoes and the key collecting felt a bit weird to me. Although I must try some of the sequence breaking trick in Echoes. I only did the one where you can skip the Sanctuary Fortress keys and screw attack over the locked gate before the boss.

Hearing you talk of Prime almost makes me wanna go back and play it and see what Ive missed - see if I can discover the joy you find in it. But I know I wont.

See I didn't like it when I first bought it. I got to Phazon MInes and thought it was too hard and just stopped playing. I went back to it after I saw a video for Echoes and just loved every minute of the game (I started again I finished it this time with 76% I think). I am enjoying the game even more this time around.

Edit: I've just got 100%! Now for Meta Ridley...

Too bad Echoes didn't have the same feeling that Prime did. I just didn't like it as much although it's a good game. The feeling that I was playing something great was just gone. I also didn't like the linearity of Echoes and the key collecting felt a bit weird to me. Although I must try some of the sequence breaking trick in Echoes. I only did the one where you can skip the Sanctuary Fortress keys and screw attack over the locked gate before the boss.

Echoes was never going to be better than MP, simpy because MP was fresh. How many of you had ever played a game like MP before?

(Tis annoying when you spend countless hours aiming for one thing and then failing :heh: )

Yeah i got almost to the end of the game and thought i was on track for 100%; only to find that i hadnt scanned that Metal rotating Flame thrower thing that you have to jump around and destroy, right near the start!!

Yeah i got almost to the end of the game and thought i was on track for 100%; only to find that i hadnt scanned that Metal rotating Flame thrower thing that you have to jump around and destroy, right near the start!!

I'm not going for 100% scan just 100 items. I've got about 93% scans.

Bloody Meta Ridley. Just tried him twice there. First time I needed to hit him one more time and I had well over half of my life left but I totally lost it! I couldn't do the dodge jump thing and he kept hitting me every time. Plus he wouldn't open him mouth long enough for me to hit him. So annoying. Second time I thought I would use the wavebuster thing (or whatever it's called) and lost all my missiles so I gave up! Damn him.

My thumb aches.

Meta Ridley is a piece of cake man! I killed him first time. Then again, i did have 2 other people shouting "TO YOUR LEFT, TO YOUR RIGHT!" at me. Yes i finished it at an uber l33t meet up :)

I'm not going for 100% scan just 100 items. I've got about 93% scans.

Bloody Meta Ridley. Just tried him twice there. First time I needed to hit him one more time and I had well over half of my life left but I totally lost it! I couldn't do the dodge jump thing and he kept hitting me every time. Plus he wouldn't open him mouth long enough for me to hit him. So annoying. Second time I thought I would use the wavebuster thing (or whatever it's called) and lost all my missiles so I gave up! Damn him.

My thumb aches.

You cant get the complete ending without 100% scan and 100% items though can you?

Think i did Meta Ridley on the third try; i found it hard to dodge him aswell at first but then i think i just began to time it better and react to him quicker.

You cant get the complete ending without 100% scan and 100% items though can you?

You can get the secret ending with only 100% items. 100% scans is not required.

Yay! I've completed it! Got the special ending.

Done Meta Ridley 3rd time. Done Metroid Prime 1st time. I really don't think Metroid Prime the boss is difficult.

You can get the secret ending with only 100% items. 100% scans is not required.
OK, DID NOT KNOW THAT!!

may have to load it up again sometime and find the remaining missile expansions!!

Yay! I've completed it! Got the special ending.

Done Meta Ridley 3rd time. Done Metroid Prime 1st time. I really don't think Metroid Prime the boss is difficult.

I think Metroid Prime took me 4 goes; I could get to his second form everytime, i just hate having to stand in the phazon to attack him whilst getting pelted by space pirates and metroids aswell!!

Congrats though!! WELL DONE!!