NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

GUN

http://uk.cube.ign.com/articles/665/665546p1.html

There's IGN's review for the bad boy. I picked it up last week along with Resi 0 (2 for £20), and i have to admit it was SO worth it!

I LOVE this game atm. The voice overs are great, the story is superb (no joke, its done very well) and it's great to play a violent game on GC other than Resi 4 lol.

Has anyone else played this? What were your thoughts? If you haven't go buy it now! it's great :D

I played it and to be honest I don't know why no one else did.

Albiet it is a little short, once you have completed it there is completely nothing to do.

It may not be a ground breaking game but it is definetly above average and has all the classic quirks of a good western movie.

The bounty hunting missions are also quite good and where else can you have a good game of texas holdem while holding a few aces up your sleeve?

Its one of those games I wanted to get, but that slipped through the net.

Do tell, mariosmentor, were you interested in it because of Roland? I know thats the main reason it caught my eye, say true.

I played it on the 360 and loved it to bits. Sure I think Red Dead Revolver is better but this is well worth checking out.

I/ve owned this game twice now (once on GC, once on PC), and I found it a very enjoyable game, with good music, great voce-overs, a classic western storyline, and good gamplay. Shame it only sold aroung 350.000 copies on all platforms...

Let's just hope that Activision makes a sequel evenually.

Hmmm I bought it and thought meh. It was quite fun doing the various missions but they got repetitive and they were only good if they were introduced with a little cut-scene.

Some scary enemies.

And as said, when you complete it there is nothing to do.

"childe Roland to the dark tower came".. played Gun on the ole Xbox and thought it was pretty good.. I love these games with "old times guns" and no super monsters from outer space

It was very forgotten on the gamecube. I'm not sure why sure i know the console was dying but still.

Its one of those games I wanted to get, but that slipped through the net.

Do tell, mariosmentor, were you interested in it because of Roland? I know thats the main reason it caught my eye, say true.

You have me there gunslinger.

Did you know that they are making either a tv series or film series with the guy behind lost doing it?

I don't know whether to praise Gan or curse Stephen King's name.

*Talking about Dark tower not GUN :)

Didn't enjoy it much, but I recognise GUN as a great game regardless. Think it was the slightly iffy controls that were the turn-off.

I picked this up from thegamecollection.next about a month ago for £3.95. Delivery was free and it came the next day. It was well worth it.

You have me there gunslinger.

Did you know that they are making either a tv series or film series with the guy behind lost doing it?

That news just made me come. :laughing:

Yeah its true triforcemario... lets hope that they can make something worthwhile out of it - but do you really think that anything you have imagined will be portrayed well enough? ::shrug: Thats my main worry, plus, sure they'll twist the story around and everything. Personally, as much as I'd like to see it, if they did this in film form, I cant possibly imagine a whole film devoted to DT 4. I think that the Mejis story with Susan, Rhea and co, would likely be interspersed as flashbacks throughout other parts of it or something.

If you're a DT Junkie then you know what I mean! (Also, if it was gonna be films, it would need to be seven films dont you think? I trilogy would be ultra compressed!)

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the GUN thread, we are talking about the wild west though! :)

Yeah its true triforcemario... lets hope that they can make something worthwhile out of it - but do you really think that anything you have imagined will be portrayed well enough? ::shrug: Thats my main worry, plus, sure they'll twist the story around and everything. Personally, as much as I'd like to see it, if they did this in film form, I cant possibly imagine a whole film devoted to DT 4. I think that the Mejis story with Susan, Rhea and co, would likely be interspersed as flashbacks throughout other parts of it or something.

If you're a DT Junkie then you know what I mean! (Also, if it was gonna be films, it would need to be seven films dont you think? I trilogy would be ultra compressed!)

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the GUN thread, we are talking about the wild west though! :)

If I were older (and in Hollywood), I would love to work on a movie based on GUN... Of course, those are dreams I cannot possibly acomplise.

If I were older (and in Hollywood), I would love to work on a movie based on GUN... Of course, those are dreams I cannot possibly acomplise.

but because you are younger, you have a chance of making it happen. Just eat your all your vegetables and fresh fruit everyday and who knows what might happen

The chances of me getting into Hollywood (especially living in Spain), and making movies (including my dream adaptation of Zelda) are null.

I've been playing Red Ded Revolver recently.

I don't like it, just seems too linear, cutscene - shoot out -cutscene - shoot out, no feedom i feel.

A good western game if anybody likes them I think is Call of Juarez for the PC.

I've just bought this from the above site because i've heard a few good things about, it came today so hopefully i'll get a good few hours on it later, hope its worth it :)

I've just bought this from the above site because i've heard a few good things about, it came today so hopefully i'll get a good few hours on it later, hope its worth it :)

Hope you like it.

I'm pretty far into it atm (near the end :( ). I really like it. The thing that annoyed me was the bear fight at the beginning (took a while) but the rest of it has been awesome. I love it.

Had a good go on it before, and i must say that i'm really impressed. It took a little while to get used 2 the shooting at first, but now i've sussed that out im really enjoying it. Its easily worth the £4 i paid for it.

Has anyone else got any good cheap cube reccomendations? I neve really fully utilised my cube when i had, but i'm really getting in to cube games now on my wii! so any good cheap titles would be good :)

Had a good go on it before, and i must say that i'm really impressed. It took a little while to get used 2 the shooting at first, but now i've sussed that out im really enjoying it. Its easily worth the £4 i paid for it.

Has anyone else got any good cheap cube reccomendations? I neve really fully utilised my cube when i had, but i'm really getting in to cube games now on my wii! so any good cheap titles would be good :)

There are some truly awesome missions in the game. When you get to the first main town and have to defend the bridge...*drool*.

Now that people remind me of the missions i can reflect back and think 'yeah actually, it was quite good'

I don't really understand why it was an 18 though, nothing that gory, apart from maybe the ear/tongue(?) chopping.

And the fact that the game has prostitutes in it, lots of racism (It was almost banned), and when you shoot someone in the head, it explodes, exposing the brain.

Sign in to follow this