N-Europe

Crysis Coming To Wii?

triforcemario

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks stunning, but will anyone actually own a PC that can run this beauty?
The recommended system specs are:
CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)

Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent

RAM: 1.5GB

HDD: 6GB

Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)

Optical Drive: DVD

Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

Which is something most hardcore PC gamers own... It's still pretty heavy stuff though, but even some laptops should be able to run this okay.

Also, seeing the graphics recommendations, the PS3 and 360 should run this game quite well, if they manage to fit everything into the RAM.

If you put this game in a Wii though, the drive light will probably laser your throat.

The recommended system specs are:Which is something most hardcore PC gamers own... It's still pretty heavy stuff though, but even some laptops should be able to run this okay.

Also, seeing the graphics recommendations, the PS3 and 360 should run this game quite well, if they manage to fit everything into the RAM.

If you put this game in a Wii though, the drive light will probably laser your throat.

I think those specs are way too high for the vast majority of PC owners.

this game is only and only about the mindblowing visuals.

Who are you? Marty McFly? :laughing: Until the game is out and you've played it you don't know if it's only about the graphics.

The video clips I've seen and the previews I've read certainly suggest there's more to this game than fantastic graphics, that's for sure.

The detailed physics look very impressive, and should make combat very interesting. And I like the idea of being able to configure the Nano Suit and weapons on the fly, customising them for each situation. The AI is said to be very competent too. Mutants aside, it was arguably Far Cry's strongest aspect.

I agree that there would be little point bringing it to the Wii, because I really don't see it being able to handle the game's physics or AI, let alone the more demanding but less important visual quality.

Who are you? Marty McFly? :laughing: Until the game is out and you've played it you don't know if it's only about the graphics.
Marty_1985.JPG

"Wow Doc, this one's all about the graphics!"

doutor-emmett-brown.jpg

"Great Scott!!"

So the game is all about technology : ( It won't come to Wii anyway.

Yeh I reckon there will probably be a new OMFG LOOK AT THOSE 1337 GFX! game or something.

Yeah but half life was cool in 2004 and it still stands up now when it will come out on 360 this year.

So I think crysis will too

:)

Yeah but half life was cool in 2004 and it still stands up now when it will come out on 360 this year.

So I think crysis will too

:)

Yeah, but you see, HL2 was a sequel to one of the greatest shooters ever created. And, besides, he's not saying the graphics won't stand up, but rather that people will move on to something else. Will Hl2 really sell all that well on the 360? Hmm.

I agree with him.

Yeah, but you see, HL2 was a sequel to one of the greatest shooters ever created. And, besides, he's not saying the graphics won't stand up, but rather that people will move on to something else. Will Hl2 really sell all that well on the 360? Hmm.

I agree with him.

You know Fierce Link got my back, Holmes!

I agree with him.

Yeah i guess.

Half life 2 and crysis won't do halo numbers but thats not what I care about really. There both really good games and I'll play them both :grin:

I agree with him.

You're back! I wasn't looking forward to a football season's worth of arguments without a good fellow Man U supporter!

Mmm saying Crysis is just about graphics isn't very nice to the devs. I mean, sure the graphics are mind blowing, but the features are much more interesting and appealing. All those huge jungles, Deus Ex like abilities, special bullets and stuff, that's why I'm interested.

Loads of the things that make Crysis Crysis tho are very heavy on the hardware. All of the environment reaction, motion blur, base physics for the game. These aren't things that just make it look pretty, these are what make it an experience.

The Wii just can't achieve these. I mean for god's sake it can't even do FarCry can it?

[quote=Jamba;456743

The Wii just can't achieve these. I mean for god's sake it can't even do FarCry can it?

It can, Ubisoft just sucked hard. Very hard.

But yeah, as it is, I don't think Crysis can be made on Wii. Not because of the motion blur though :P

Loads of the things that make Crysis Crysis tho are very heavy on the hardware. All of the environment reaction, motion blur, base physics for the game. These aren't things that just make it look pretty, these are what make it an experience.

Ha, yeah FarCry sucked big style on Wii, so what hope is there for a game like this?

Will Hl2 really sell all that well on the 360? Hmm.
Half-Life 2: Orange Box is incredible value for money for the Halo 3 loving 360 crowd... I think it'll do well.

I just wished Valve brought it to Wii :sad: A Wii Half-Life 2 would fill any need for great FPS shooters, Wiimote use, graphics, online multiplay - it's such a complete package.