NEurope

So I go to an attic sale today, and spot an N64 and some games. I already have 2 N64's so I bought 5 of the games there. Excitebike, Pilotwings 64, WWF No Mercy, and Lylat Wars. I go home thinking I got a bargain at 5 quid for all 5, and I get home. NONE OF THEM WORK. I tried them on both of my N64's, and tried all of my N64 games which worked perfectly. I ended up throwing them out. I am furious!

Gutted! Some rare games there too! (WWF and Excitebike)

Attic sale you say tho? You could go back to the house!

Was looking forward to play Excitebike! Luckily I have roms of all those games, but it isn't quite the same. :(

You could go back to the house!

with torches and pitchforks

did you ask the guy if they worked before you bought them

Its £5...hardly broke the bank. :-\ Did you try cleaning the carts?

Well i know you must be gutted but it is only 5 quid it's worth that having the cartrides alone:)

Maybe you got NTSC games?

They wouldn't fit on a pal N64.

with torches and pitchforks

did you ask the guy if they worked before you bought them

I shouldn't have to?

That is really annoying, It's odd that they all don;t work, have you checked they're PAL games?

They wouldn't fit on a pal N64.

Are you sure? I don't recall N64 cartridges being different in any region.

Are you sure? I don't recall N64 cartridges being different in any region.

I would check if they are pal or not, as I don;t recall the carts being a different size, infact I imported some games and don't recall anything different in the design.

I would check if they are pal or not, as I don;t recall the carts being a different size, infact I imported some games and don't recall anything different in the design.

didn't they have a piece of plastic filled in on NTSC, I'm sure I remember their being a difference.

didn't they have a piece of plastic filled in on NTSC, I'm sure I remember their being a difference.

Yep. I bought Hey You Pikachu whilst in Florida years and years back, only to find it wouldn't work on my PAL N64 because it didn't fit.

Yep. I bought Hey You Pikachu whilst in Florida years and years back, only to find it wouldn't work on my PAL N64 because it didn't fit.

Thank, I couldn't find anything in the internet. I remember having some NTSC games and we couldn't play them because it wouldn't fit. Games included where: Body Harvest, Silicon Valley and Fighters Destiny.

I think you should go back to the house...but ;

A) You've thrown them out

And

B) From the looks of the thread title, you wouldnt know how to start the conversation anyway. ;)

I think you should go back to the house...but ;

A) You've thrown them out

And

B) From the looks of the thread title, you wouldnt know how to start the conversation anyway. ;)

If someone would have sold me that lot, I'd have had harsh words for him too.

Use some common sense. If they were stuck in an attic for ages, then there's a high chance that they don't work any more and that the seller hasn't tested that they still work OK.

You have to ask if he's tested them. And even then, I'd ask him what he's prepared to do if I got them home and they didn't work.

Come on man, this is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to ask any of this.

Wait, so you bought 5 N64 games for £1 each and they didn't work?

Christ, it's not the end of the world mate, let it go! Did you not think there could be a reason they were so cheap?

Disclaimer: If I misunderstood your first post and you actually payed £5 for each of the games then I can kinda see where you're coming from - still no Judgement Day though!

Maybe just sell them on, and feign all knowledge of their broken-ness.

Wait, so you bought 5 N64 games for £1 each and they didn't work?

Christ, it's not the end of the world mate, let it go! Did you not think there could be a reason they were so cheap?

Disclaimer: If I misunderstood your first post and you actually payed £5 for each of the games then I can kinda see where you're coming from - still no Judgement Day though!

I would be annoyed whaever the cost, I know I would be looking forward to playing them, and the disappointment of none of them working would be irritating enough, the financial aspect is like he cherry on a rather bad tasting cake!