NEurope
Cube

The E3 2007 Anticipation Thread

It is coming though.

It's a redesign rather than a new version, akin to the lite

With there being a high probability of this coming true, I really wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were one step ahead of the game again and released a third pillar to the third pillar.

With there being a high probability of this coming true, I really wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were one step ahead of the game again and released a third pillar to the third pillar.

Would that be a sequel to the GBA then? What are the three pillars? GBA/Micro, NDS and (then Gamecube) Wii?

Would that be a sequel to the GBA then? What are the three pillars? GBA/Micro, NDS and (then Gamecube) Wii?
Well it was yes, but it's looking more and more as though the DS has replaced the GB line now; of which there's no real need for now!

Nintendo could release a new third pillar down the line that focused more directly on media capabilities like mp3's, movies, video playback/downloads, photo storage etc... but not sure if that's really Nintendo's thing, or the direction they rreally want to go in!

Ah yes the fabled 3rd pillar...

Another Game Boy redesign?

Nintendo don't need to have a 3rd pillar. They were nervous about the prospects of the Wii and DS so had a back up plan wich centred on a re-re-re-re-re-design of the Game Boy in case the Wii and DS were a catastrophic failure.

If Nintendo were to announce a 3rd pillar (imo it could only be a Game Boy if they do) they would over saturate the market and possibly lose a lot of cash doing so.

I can't see a 3rd pillar being released until either the Wii 2 (or one of it's successors) or the next DS (or agin one of it's successors) fail disastrously, and that won't be for a good number of years.

when is the show?

In 2 weeks time, im getting pretty pumped about it too be honest.

Im really hoping for some other characters to be shown on Smash Bros, its probably what I want to see the most...well at least out of the games we know about.

It would be a great suprise aswell to see a directors cut of Wind Waker announced, with all the dungeons in that got left out aswell as Wiimote support for the Baton of Winds, or whatever it was called :heh:

IGN are claiming they have exclusives for all the platforms in the E3 period, so brace yourselves for that.

It would be a great suprise aswell to see a directors cut of Wind Waker announced, with all the dungeons in that got left out aswell as Wiimote support for the Baton of Winds, or whatever it was called :heh:

You mean the Wind Waker? :heh:

I just want E3 to arrive goddammit, Nintendo haven't said anything worthwhile in aaages.

I'd buy it... But I'd rather have a new Zelda...

Realistic Zelda modeling like Twilight Princess, but this time with cell shading... would really rock, best of both worlds. Because less face it, Wind Waker is a secondary more light hearted Zelda, Twilight Princess couldn't be told with those chibi graphics, but a crossover taking the best of both is possible.

smask07hk4.jpg

smask03wl9.jpg

smask04ma2.jpg

smask06vy1.jpg

smask10bl2.jpg

smask11if9.jpg

thelegendofzelda00um2.jpg

thelegendofzelda07xd6.jpg

thelegendofzelda09yx9.jpg

thelegendofzelda31gn0.jpg

lovenv1.gif

Its almost a shame that the revamped E3 won't have as much cover as previous years I as really think this could be the first E3 where Nintendo products are in shorter supply than 3rd party titles. This E3 will really back up the astonishing start the Wii has had. And I feel MS and Sony really need to have something other than updates to major FPS and race titles on show. People should come away very happy. We will probably get in-depth previews of metroid and more details on Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros and there will be many suprises from lots of developers. I really hope we see more Western developers embrace the DS and Wii platforms. Japan is heaving with development for Wii and DS at the moment and it's about time this was reflected in the eyes of Western developers. Along with Wii music, health etc I also hope we see more original racing and FPS games for the Wii. Thus shortening the lack of these genres in relation to the other consoles. Should be interesting either way.

This could be one of the first expo's where the journos have to really nail the details in their previews and not just rely on screenshots to show the games off. That's why I think it's a shame not as many people will get to play the 'in-development' Wii games. Either way, I'm excited at the premise of both seeing AND reading about the innovative ways developers have spent their time (especially) with the wiimote.

Personally I'm most hoping to see some hands-on BWii action. I know it's not even that far from release but I just gotta find out how that thing plays.

Whoa, I know you were giving examples of how a grown up styled cel shading could turn out Pedro, but wouldnt a rerelease of Majora's Mask in that style be awesome? I know it'll never happen, but your screenies just got me thinking!

One other thing, in Wind Waker wasnt it the Conductors Baton...?

Not fair, I'm on holiday when E3 is on!

Looks like I'll be caning that WAP connection :laughing::grin:

I'd buy it... But I'd rather have a new Zelda...

Realistic Zelda modeling like Twilight Princess, but this time with cell shading... would really rock, best of both worlds. Because less face it, Wind Waker is a secondary more light hearted Zelda, Twilight Princess couldn't be told with those chibi graphics, but a crossover taking the best of both is possible.

Before they announced the "realistic" Twilight Princess I was kinda hoping and expecting Nintendo would do something like that.

One other thing, in Wind Waker wasnt it the Conductors Baton...?

The game "Wind Waker" is named after the "Wind Waker" - the baton that Link uses.

Just like Ocarina of Time is named after the Ocarina of Time.

pedro where can i get that Hi-res cell shaded Majoras Mask pack??

It looks soooo cool! (I've tried Ocarina of Time one.. but it did not look that good)

thelegendofzelda31gn0.jpg

KAWAIIIiii

Whoa, I know you were giving examples of how a grown up styled cel shading could turn out Pedro, but wouldnt a rerelease of Majora's Mask in that style be awesome? I know it'll never happen, but your screenies just got me thinking!
That would be better than sex.
Before they announced the "realistic" Twilight Princess I was kinda hoping and expecting Nintendo would do something like that.
Me too, best of both worlds.

Didn't Wind Waker appear to have a darker tone cell shading initially?

zelda7.jpg

Seriously, that kind of approach would rock.

pedro where can i get that Hi-res cell shaded Majoras Mask pack??

It looks soooo cool! (I've tried Ocarina of Time one.. but it did not look that good)

KAWAIIIiii

AFAIK it was never finished, but I must have some remains of it lying around.

OoT doesn't look like that because you weren't using cell shading rendering, just "cell shaded style" textures.

You mean the Wind Waker? :heh:

LMBO. How in the hell did I miss that!?

*hangs head at own disgust*

LMBO. How in the hell did I miss that!?

*hangs head at own disgust*

and he calls himself the Hero-Of-Time:heh:

I absolutely love the cell-shaded graphics thing, and really hope the Wii sees ALOT of games support this style. The best reason, is because it effectively hides the graphical short-comings of the Wii, and easily makes games look great without needing alot of hardware.

Infact I'm going to go more in-depth about this tommorow by making a thread :). If anyone wants to kick things off before me go ahead, I think it'd be a great debate but I probably won't have time until tommorow night to start a dicussion so if anyone else is interested then please go ahead :).

I also loved the Wind Waker, and I was a skeptic when I first saw the screenshots. But playing the game, it really reveals itself as great.

However, I am playing through TP at the moment, and there's no way in hell that cell shading would give you that rusty/old/decaying vibe you get in the Goron Mines. HD freaks can go on and on about how the Wii looks pants, but to me the graphics in the Goron Mines (and everywhere else really) are very well accomplished, and it's worth it to keep in mind they are last-gen-GC graphics.

You get the same feel in the Hylian Shield, with the engravings effect. It REALLY looks made of iron.

Wind Waker IS great, but in my opinion, the Zelda series should be done with realistic graphics. I see many people talking about past Zelda games remade with cell shading, well, I'd like to propose the opposite and say that I'd love to see Wind Waker with realistic graphics.

I was thinking about some of the games that will be shown and I completely forgot about NiGHTS. Im really hoping they nail the controls for this game, I dont want the good name of NiGHTS to get dragged through the mud.

Well...I'm hoping for a portable Smash Bros, but i think that was dismissed.

Also, i've always wondered if that 'stage debut' or something which was meant to come out for the GC will make an appearence as a wii channel!

Does anyone remember it? characters modelled on Shigsy etc..on a swing..

Just more info on all those games we haven't heard much about and a couple of surprises would be nice.

Also, i've always wondered if that 'stage debut' or something which was meant to come out for the GC will make an appearence as a wii channel!

Does anyone remember it? characters modelled on Shigsy etc..on a swing..

Yeah I remember that! They could have remodelled it and made it compatible with Miis.