NEurope
Garden_Pigeon

Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 (Spoiler Warning)

I saw the film Thursday night, i was very happy with it, a great ending to the trilogy and they left it open for some more films if they want, which is cool, cuz Jack Sparrow just PWNS,

The twist at the end with Will was shocking i was expecting him and Elizabeth to have the tipical happy ending, him becoming the captian of the Dutchman was only semi-happy.

Oh one thing i didn't like though was the Calipso thing, they built it up for much of the movie then when she's released she fecks off and just starts up a storm, i was expecting/hoping for something more... don;t know what but just some thing a big more special than growing 20feet and turning to crabs

Also i had a feeling there'd be more after the credits but my cousins wanted to go home cuz we saw the late show, so it was fairly late when it did finish, but i thought the lenght was pretty good, hell when it did end i actually felt it could have been longer, i enjoyed every moment so didn't notice the time at all

I agree with both statements. Regarding Will I thought the same, I was like damn that's bad.

I read on the imdb that there was somethign at the end. That website is good for some things.

Watched last night, thought it was awful. I remembered the first film being fun, not about lord of the rings style epic battles. Violent, Surreal and Dark? What the fuck were they thinking? Then I stayed for ages after the credits for the most pathetic sequence ever, I mean surely everyone guessed that was what was going to happen.

Keira was hot though.

Ten years later, Elizabeth Swan walks towards a cliff with her 9 year old son (who is singing "Yo, Ho") to see the green flash after sun set. Then they see the dutchman on the horizion heading towards them with Will on board. Thats what happens.

I enjoyed it, thought It was very entertaining...

I liked Jack Sparrow's Split Personality type thing, made me laugh out loud alot of the time.

Hope they do a spin off with him going to the fountain of youth...

Him stabbing himself and losing his mind was ment to be funny? I found it disturbing.

Him stabbing himself and losing his mind was ment to be funny? I found it disturbing.

I imagined it was you and Laughed ;)

I thought his split personality was funny aswell.

Especially at that part with the peanut.

The story sucked. The whole giant black lady/calypso thing sucked. The fact that Davy Jones became a pussy sucked. Norrington's death sucked. Beckett's slow-mo death sucked. Swann's speech sucked. The 'taking vows' scene sucked. The romance sucked. Chow-Yun Fat dissapointingly sucked... then died, which sucked. Sparrow started to get boring, therefore sucked. The running time sucked.

but..

The CGI did not suck.

I don't know why everyone here and the critics are complaining about this. I went along to see this yesterday and it was a riot. Prehaps the most fun I had watching a film in a long time.

Depp was great. He had me in stitches throughout; and the monkey was cool as well. The action scenes as well were handled well. I think a problem with Dead Man's Chest was that the action scenes went too overboard, and the last half hour or so of the film were just back-top-back action, which, although sounds appealing, actually gets boring. That was not so much a problem here. Also, there were just so many great scenes packed into AWE imo, such as the meeting of the pirate lords, rocking the boat etc.

I didn't think the film was too long at all. I think it needed it's time to tie up all loose ends, as well as keeping up with character development; though I do agree to an extent that it was a bit confusing, considering they throw a lot of plot at you, but I don't think there that was too complicated for anyone here.

The only problem I had with AWE was the Calypso thing, which I thought lead to too little. Otherwise, it was a great film.