NEurope
Cube

Carnival Games

carnivalgames_logo.jpg

From 2K Games and Take Two.

25 Carnival Games, Fortune teller, 250 upgradeable virtual prizes, from a goldfish to giant teddy bears, customisable characters.

Games include Clown Splash, Milk Can Toss, Nerves of Steel, Lucky Cups, Hoops, Day at the Races and Dunk Tank.

Due in the summer for $40 in the US.

Doesn't seem too promising , come on 2k , how about getting your awesome sports series' onto Wii.

Doesn't seem too promising , come on 2k , how about getting your awesome sports series' onto Wii.

The Biggs is coming, MLB 2K8 has been announced too. Unfortunately quality of 2K's sports games have dropped during last few years.

The Biggs is coming, MLB 2K8 has been announced too. Unfortunately quality of 2K's sports games have dropped during last few years.

Perhaps Wii can revitalise them.

I love the sound of this...i know it's just a bunch of mini-games (again), but this looks great fun.

While I think the casual gamers like party games, I also think they would appreciate them if they were embedde into a storydriven adventure game. I think they will want some longviety to their games eventually and grow tired of the party games.

Unfortunately quality of 2K's sports games have dropped during last few years.

Nooooo , say it isn't so.

They used to always slaughter the EA games , except ironically the MLB series which was always bettered by EAs MVP Baseball , perhaps Wii controls can save it (as Darkspine said).

EDIT - anyway back on topic

Considering who is making the game, it could turn out decent, although I'm starting to get sick of these minigame collections:zzz:

That looks like the worst game ever. It also seems to suffer like wario ware and brain age in that it doesn't offer four player? Do developers honestly think it's fun to WATCH people playing a game? I'm getting sick of this the only games to offer split screen four player multiplayer so far are red steel and medal of honour.I think

I'm getting so sick of it!

Gameplay Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24340.html

I think the Wii has just got it's own...

617496boxart_160w.jpg

This looks fun for about 5 minutes!

Saying that... I would now be quite interested in seeing some sort of 'buzz wire' puzzle game in the future (a cheap downloadable game preferably!), kinda like kororinpa with really twisty puzzles and the Wii-mote obviously as the hoop.

US at least this litter collecting sim seemes to have good graphics.

i bet the worst wii game will be worse than the worse gamecube game.

I love the sound of this...i know it's just a bunch of mini-games (again), but this looks great fun.

Yeah people say that Wii is a mini game fest, but how many games with mini games are out? 3?

Aaanyway, don't really care about this game.

but never as bad as the worst n64 game...

i don't know superman 64 was still at least.....superman. you could still stare at the box(which actually doesn't even say the name of the game on it)

This is universal studios......thank god i never played it.

What's the worst wii game so far? Necro nesia?

This seems to be doing quite well in the US so far. Judging by the charts for the Wii, it's kicking about in third. Being available at retail around the same time as Metroid is sure to knock sales of all new games though. Nice to see the interest is there though.

This may actually strike a chord with the carnival loving Americans. It's not like the UK in which the shows are ran by Gypsy looters and child-loving seedy businessmen.

Jack Tretton will be right there campaigning then. Bet he's blacking up as we speak.The goon. Maybe this will be banned like Manhunt 2 too?!

I picked this up today as I actually fancied a light hearted jaunt of a game. So far I'm actually impressed!

The graphics aren't exactly groundbreaking but they do the job. The motion controls are all spot on and vary from game to game with consistency. Some take time to learn (like mini golf) but they are all user-friendly and fun. It's packed with great atmosphere and offers a fair bit of unlockable content. It's in multiplayer where it really gets the plaudits though. Four player simultaneous is a riot! Something I think the Wii needs. A fab party game :) This is worth it just for the brilliant ways in which games such as the 2p/10p slide machines and test your strength attractions are reproduced.

And theres examples such as the love tester in which you hold the Wii-mote on your heart and feel it beat against it thus giving you a love "rating" is pretty funny. (Moreso in the part environment)!

If this had mii integration it would have been even better. But for £19 it's way better value than Big Brain Academy and is the perfect anecdote to Wii Sports for parties. A pleasant suprise then!

Its only £15 on PLAY. If this came out a few mnths ago I would have definitely picked it up, but even for the bargain price I just cant rationalise it! Would be good to hear more feedback from others and updated impressions from your self tapedeck, Im always up for being convinced to ge something :)

Yeah, I'll be giving this a few more days and a few more try outs at various parties. Will see how it is enjoyed by different age groups :o I may even post a review as I'll probably be the only traditional gamer who buys this. (Scary!)