NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
theguyfromspark

Getting a V Cheap PS2: List of Games

I'm getting a PS2 at the end of the month having never owned one before so I'm building a list of exclusives that i'm going to rent over the summer that I've obviously not been able to play before.

So far I've got the following:

God of War

God of War 2

Shadow of the Collosus

Final Fantasy XII

Canis Canem Edit

Okami

Metal Gear Solid 3

Dragon Quest VIII

Are there any obvious ones I'm missing, bearing in mind I'm not too bothered about Driving or Fighting games?

Make sure you get the Subsistence (I think it's called that) version of MGS3, not Snake Eater.

Final Fantasy X, Ico, Devil May Cry 3:Special Edition, and MGS 2 if you haven't played it-It's kinda exclusive. Kingdom Hearts might be to your liking as well. Maybe the Silent Hill games too, try looking here for rated games http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps2/scores/

Cheers, I forgot about Kingdom Hearts, need to give them a try. I've already got MGS2 on Xbox (didn't really understand the plot but it was ok). Not sure if ICO will be available as it's fairly obscure isn't it? I had silent hill 2 on Xbox too, is 3 and 4 any better?

Edit: Never mind, I've found ICO on swapgame so I'll get that too.

If you guys could only rent 2 games out of the above list, which would they be?

Cheers, I forgot about Kingdom Hearts, need to give them a try. I've already got MGS2 on Xbox (didn't really understand the plot but it was ok). Not sure if ICO will be available as it's fairly obscure isn't it? I had silent hill 2 on Xbox too, is 3 and 4 any better?

Ico got rereleased last year with Shadow of the Colossus.

Okami definitely! one of the most beautiful games ever made! not sure about a second on, Okami's huage and most of the games on the list are pretty meaty too so i wouldn't recommend renting 2 of them at once.

Ico is easily bought on ebay. It's absolutely excellent as well.

Also (off the top of my head) all three Ace Combats, the .Hack series, Burnout Dominator, Soul Calibur 3, Forbidden Siren, Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon, Ecco the Dolphin, Disgaea 1 and 2, PaRappa the Rapper 2, R-Type Final, Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Shadow of Rome, some of the Eyetoy games, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Fatal Frame (Project Zero), God Hand, Grandia 2 and 3, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Slug 3-6, Katamari and We ♥ Katamari, OKAMI, Wild Arms 3 and 4, Psychonauts, Rez, Rogue Galaxy, Sly Cooper 1, 2 and 3, Space Channel 5: Special Edition, Yakuza and uh... ZOE 1 and 2.

EDIT- Shadow Hearts 1, 2 and 3 are glorious.

Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2

Onimusha Series

Devil May Cry Series

Ratchet and Clank Series

Jak and Daxter

Final Fantasy X

Shadow of Colossus

Disgaea

I would rent Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet and Clank if I could only pick 2.

Kingdom because its a great RPG and Ratchet because its just so fun to play.

I would rent Kingdom Hearts and Ratchet and Clank if I could only pick 2.

Kingdom because its a great RPG and Ratchet because its just so fun to play.

Just looked on swapgame and can't find Kingdom Hearts 1... only 2 which is annoying, might have to buy it instead, shouldn't be much these days i hope.

Just looked on swapgame and can't find Kingdom Hearts 1... only 2 which is annoying, might have to buy it instead, shouldn't be much these days i hope.

about £12 methinks

Its on platinum now so you can get it for £12.99 on gameplay I think. That goes for number 2 aswell.

EDIT: Just checked and yeah thats how much they are.

Didn't want to buy any games for it as I spend too much on games anyway! I guess the list I've already got is more than enough to keep me going for a year.

Will probably go the God Of War and ICO games first as they're more my cup of tea.

Is it wrong to prefer DMC to GoW? lol

Yes, Yes it is! Seriously though, both are awesome games but I prefer GoW as it seems more fun to play as you dont get punished and pushed back a level when you die.

Yeah DMC can be a real bitch too beat but thats what makes it more rewarding imo.

I think I just have a thing for massive bosses!

You will adore Shadow of Collosus then, I know I do.

It's not just wrong, it's sick.

I'm sorry, i think i just love Dante too much! DAMN my loins!

God Hand, DMC3, Guitar Hero 1/2. Guitaroo Man and we love katamari.

God Hand, DMC3, Guitar Hero 1/2. Guitaroo Man and we love katamari.

is god hand really any good?

Is the 24 game a turd? I enjoy the show and like the idea of playing a series!

It didn't get good reviews, but I loved it, it really captured the feeling of the show. Plus, you can pick it up extremely cheap now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0009RWI22/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_2/026-2009823-2931610?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1179860606&sr=8-2

£3.11 new. I think I ordered from that seller, the delivery was fast and it was sealed in the box. If you don't want to order from a seller (even though they're a small company), Play.com have it for £7.99 Delivered. http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/570383/24-The-Game/Product.html

I also recommend Kingdom Hearts.

It didn't get good reviews, but I loved it, it really captured the feeling of the show. Plus, you can pick it up extremely cheap now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0009RWI22/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_2/026-2009823-2931610?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1179860606&sr=8-2

£3.11 new. I think I ordered from that seller, the delivery was fast and it was sealed in the box. If you don't want to order from a seller (even though they're a small company), Play.com have it for £7.99 Delivered. http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/570383/24-The-Game/Product.html

I also recommend Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah, I also enjoyed 24 The Game and since you like the show and it's cheap, get it.

Kingom Hearts I and II are awesome games, probably my favourite PS2 games so I'd reccomend them too. Also God Of War I and II, Final Fantasy X, Shadow Of The Collosus and MGS 2 and 3.

Guitar Hero I + II can be had pretty cheap on PS2 these days. I noticed a while back when Asda were selling PS2s for £50 that a PS2 + GHII was only £10 more than the 360 version...

Sign in to follow this