NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Has there ever been a point in your life?

Where you have been in utter desperation?

I think mine may of been on Holiday, I was looking up at the stars and I just cried, alot of stuff was going on, family stuff, love life and I felt as if Nothing was going for me...

What about yourselves?

There was this one time on Halo. It was 49-49, so I totally couldn't die or shit, then this noob came up to me and he was all like 'omg, so gonna get the last kill' but I pwnd him. I got the last kill, and all my friends loved me.

It was an intense time.

When I had 14 weeks off or something because of the GCSE's I was so utterly bored and depressed I watched Starsky and Hutch repeats on UKTV Gold.

March 20th of this year one of my best friends died at the age of 23, I didnt think things could get any worse and then 2 weeks later my close cousin was killed at the age of 39.

At that point I had never felt so low.

Life isnt fair.

However we have to carry on and yesterday was one of the happiest days of my life when I walked my sister down the aisle and gave her away at her wedding.

However we have to carry on and yesterday was one of the happiest days of my life when I walked my sister down the aisle and gave her away at her wedding.

That's awesome :)

I've not been to a proper wedding yet. I somehow doubt my brother's emotionally abusive relationship with his crazy girl is going that way, nor my other brother's responsibility free life...

I don't know really. The last time things were getting genuinely bad was during my school days, and then I just retreated into a sort of mental shell.

There is no point in this planet even existing, so there is no point in my life.

There is no point in this planet even existing, so there is no point in my life.

Les_Dennis.jpg

Our Survey Says....

Fair Play Mate, Nice One :)

I suppose last year and the years before that in my life I was incredibly low where I lost alot of people, generally lost and I didn't like the person I was. Now its looking up though.

Doing something I genuinely enjoy and looking after my younger brother. I've stopped caring about other people which I suppose is some kind of mental defense I've created.

I just don't give a shit about anything or anybody anymore and I like it.

Around February last year, I was so depressed and desperate that I literally hated everyone, most of all myself...the social angst just builds up and people keep grinding you down to the point where you can't honestly feel enthusiastic about anything anymore. That was about the time where I started posting on this forum and met my (now ex) girlfriend. Things picked up after that, but it was the worst I'd ever felt.

I now love myself. Honestly, my awesomeness keeps me up at night

There is no point.

Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.

There was this one time on Halo. It was 49-49, so I totally couldn't die or shit, then this noob came up to me and he was all like 'omg, so gonna get the last kill' but I pwnd him. I got the last kill, and all my friends loved me.

It was an intense time.

You listen to Joy Division, you must be depressed.

You listen to Joy Division, you must be depressed.

They're just awesome though :)

I don't think I've ever been depressed, but I am starting feel I need to change my life a bit. I need more excitement.

It was an intense time.

LMFAO!:laughing:

Damn, that gave me a good laugh!:laughing:

I use to be a manicly depressed person but to be honest I don't remember there being a good reason...Now I'm generally a cheerful chappy, partly because I fear ever fealing as shittiy as I did back then...I do worry sometimes I will slip back into old habbits...

in the past (around 3-4 years ago) i got so down with live i actually had a suicide note written up and was thinking of taking a overdose.

*dont want to get into why i thought of suicide*

most down ive been in the past year thou was when my girlfriend dumped me last june i remember the next day some mates took me to the pub to try and get over it but i ended up walking off from the pub for over a hour....in that time i found a quiet alley and just fell to the floor and cryed my eyes out. When i got bak to pub my friend lucy knew something was up and comforted me for a while she really helped alot. We had a few chats like that night and now i havent been to bad.

Yes...right about now...neither me or my girlfriend got on our post graduate courses so I'm not going to become a teacher anytime soon and she won't become a speech therapist, we've got to move back in with my parents because we've got no money...and to cap it all off her mum has been in hospital ill and has to go back in again!

Utter desperation, nah not my style. I don't really see the point in depression, anger or wallowing in self pity, just seems a bit of a waste of time. By all means I have had points in my life where I've felt upset, worried or stressed or felt sympathetic or empathetic to others plights, but bugger it, how can I stay down when there's trees and mountains. Maybe I've just never had anything that awful happen to me or maybe I'm just annoyingly upbeat.

At night I actually used to think about what happens when you die. How it is just basically a sleep without waking up. Without the dreams, that got me really upset when I was younger. Used to cry.

Now I just stay awake as long as possible, then drop off straight away.

At times I used to wonder what's the point. Now I just think the same but less often. Now my mind is blank whenever I do anything. If anything pops up on the occasion then it goes into my head then leaves.

Then on the odd occasion I just look at my family and what I'm achieving and just think nothing. I might aswell live out this life to the best I can.

Depressing ftw!!!

Not sure desperation and depression are the same, but yeah.

I've been depressed quite often, and I still get depressed quite often too. Often related to just having so much to do, so much to worry about and then it all becomes a bit too much. Though I guess that's just "being down". Last year I was depressed though. So hated the school I was in, the city I lived in, the people I lived with (not my family) and it just all felt wrong. I would lock myself up in my room there all week, go to bed at ridiculous hours and wake up at even more ridiculous hours. And lots of crying and trying to act normal in front of my family. Got so bad that I contacted my cousin (also consider her a really big friend) and we talked for hours and hours more than once, and eventually she told me to just tell my parents.

And now I'm in a different school, staying at home again and generally feeling better. =3

Though I have to say I still feel down quite a lot and I actually have suicidal thoughts sometimes (though more like: if we would have an accident now and I would be the only one killed, I don't think I would mind. Stuff like that...). Hope I never actually act one out though. =X

Oh please, please somebody change tthe title to "there".

Anyway, yes, when my mum went missing on holiday a few years back. She got real drunk, and wandered back to the room on her own without telling us, i was shitting myself.

Sign in to follow this