NEurope
flameboy

Paper Mario Thread.

Just finished downloading it now.Now i'm on my second channel screen.Gonna put this game at number 2 of my VC list.Looks like Bomberman is getting shifted to the second screen.

Oh man got so much games to play now.DS,VC,GC and Wii.Damn my spending sprees...

I wanted to get this last night but I only had 300 points and I have like £14 to spend. I may get 1000 points sometime soon.

Played this for about half an hour this evening - lots of fun so far, though the pixelly graphics are slightly disappointing after being spoiled by the gorgeous GameCube version. Still, this should keep me busy for a while, now I've become too frustrated with the difficulty of F-Zero X!

is there a north american date yet

How the tables have turned. ;) None yet.

I bought this game earlier as my first N64 VC purchase, and I love it. It's my first proper RPG, as I don't class Kingdom Hearts as an actual RPG (it felt more like a beat-em-up). I'm up to the bit where you beat the red and blue Goomba brothers, and it's an excellent and funny game.

"Bowser kidnapped Princess Peach? Again?!"

is there a north american date yet

No doubt it'll be out next week. If only we had to wait four or five days between most US and EU dates...

Downloaded this today :D Very surprised to see it on the virtual console so early, since this was a game released late on in the N64's life I thought we wouldn't see this for a long while yet. I have only played an hour on it but I'm very much enjoying it so far and I'm very impressed with the graphics for an N64 game :)

No doubt it'll be out next week. If only we had to wait four or five days between most US and EU dates...

You should have seen GoNintendo after N-Europe reported that the US would get Smash Bros this year and the UK would get Mario Kart instead. The Americans were actually complaining.

Just finished downloading it now.Now i'm on my second channel screen.Gonna put this game at number 2 of my VC list.Looks like Bomberman is getting shifted to the second screen.

Oh man got so much games to play now.DS,VC,GC and Wii.Damn my spending sprees...

How do you move vc games?

How do you move vc games?

Hold A and B together and drag the icon.

Just finished the first chapter and its as good as I remember it.

Getting this in a weeks time. Please do not spoil this for me.

I have PM TTYD on GC. I got it for christmas, and it still manages to cheer me up. I got to the last chapter, before starting again as it was to hard. Now I don't wanna do it again because of the frustrating boggly woods and the dreaded 4th chapter in twilight town.

if you know the dude's name is

Dooplis

from the beginning it barely takes any time at all.

my favorite chapter had to be the one on the train though, TYD was such a fun game.

I'm currently on Chapter One and in the fortress, Bombetta just joined my party. I was just about ready to give up on the game when I was on 1HP, no flower points and there wasn't a save or heart box in sight, and I had no mushrooms. Then I open a massive door, go outside and behold! There was a save box! But that still left me with one HP. Then the Hammer Bros (I think) set that trap and I fell through to the jail, to find a heart box! HELL YES!

It's such a colourfully bright and immersive game, I love it.

I just got to the Dry Dry Outpost town after trawling through the desert. Found the Super Box in the oasis so upgraded Kooper, now using Mario's Quake Hammer and Kooper's Special Shot thing I can win most battles in one move!

I thought I had found everything there was to find in the desert but after talking to the guy in the town I discovered there may have been some more stuff. So I decided that I'd go back and have another look, so I leave the town but then think, actually, I'd better save so go back in town and save. About 10 seconds later there was a power cut! Talk about lucky, would have lost about 3 hours play time!

I have the original, the 64 is plugged in and I finished it somewhat recently, so I'm not getting this.

I'm curious, how long did it take people to download this? It took me 10-15 minutes yesterday.

I'm curious, how long did it take people to download this? It took me 10-15 minutes yesterday.

Couple of minutes, 5 at the very most.

Edit: Has anyone noticed that if you press the home button on the wiimote and then press it again to go back to the game it just has a spinning N64 logo for about 5 seconds? Does this happen on any other N64 games, because it certainly doesn't on my Mario 64, Mario Kart or Ocarina!

I just got to the Dry Dry Outpost town after trawling through the desert.

Have just got there myself. Had to rush through the desert though because I was running low on health and items. Thankfully arrived safely in town so I can now go back out to explore the desert.

I spent ages last night just exploring every nook and cranny in Toad Town (although early on there isn't much to see) , and was loving it. I am concerned that when Super Paper Mario finally arrives it won't have that level of exploration/discovery and it could be a little disappointing.

though the pixelly graphics are slightly disappointing after being spoiled by the gorgeous GameCube version.

So it's not just me then, I thought it was pixelly too. I thought it was because I'm using the component cable. Kinda makes teh text hard to read sometimes.

I have my TV on widescreen, no component cables and it's a 37" HD TV. I think it could look better.

it depends on your internet connection download speed