NEurope
Hero-of-Time

John Rambo Is Back!!!!!!

Explosive arrows? Fuck that. A chicken used in Hot Shots Part Deux is where the action is at.

Explosive arrows? Fuck that. A chicken used in Hot Shots Part Deux is where the action is at.

LMBO. That was awesome.

LMBO. That was awesome.

The part where he camouflaged himself in mud and killed a soldier was the best :heh:

It's strange. After seeing this trailer, Rambo seems more like a cold blooded killer (like how he is in the book 'First Blood'), but in the original movie Stallone changed the character to make him sympathic, hence why people enjoyed the film. This does seem more like an over the top action film, but aslong as it'sbetter acted out than 2 and 3, I'm happy.

best quotes from Rambo (imo):

-Rambo: They drew first blood, not me. All I wanted was something to eat...

-Russian Soldier: Who are you?

Rambo: You're worst nightmare :o

-Murdoch: Where are you Johnny? We'll come and get you.

Rambo: No murdoch, I'm coming to get you!

-Rambo (at the very end of First Blood when he's crying): We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just... (Takes off his bandolier) like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "Why? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!"

Best movies ever.

Now this looks cool, i cannot wait to see this when it comes out. Looks like Stallone can pull this one off the same as he did with Rocky Balboa, which is out on DVD tomorrow.

Big bumpage due to its release this week. So whos going to see it?

Also I have just read that all Odeon cinemas will not be showing this at all due to the distributor wanting 100% of the Ticket revenue!

I thought it was weird that Odeon didnt even have it listed on their website. Looks like I will be travelling a few miles further to the nearest Cineworld to see good old John J :)

EDIT: Just phoned up Odeon ticketline and when asked what film I wanted to see I said Rambo and it said that they arent taking bookings for the film right now ( which is fine as they dont usually start til a Wednesday ) and then the autmated response gave me a summary of the plot. I have now emailed them to see if there is any truth to this rumour.

Oh yes, looking forward to it. I'll have to check if my cinema is showing it, its not an Odeon so lets hope so.

Did you see Sly on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross? The man is a legend.

I may watch some Rocky later in the week in preparation for Rambo.

Oh yes, looking forward to it. I'll have to check if my cinema is showing it, its not an Odeon so lets hope so.

I may watch some Rocky later in the week in preparation for Rambo.

I watched all 3 Rambo films on Sunday night back to back, amazing! :)

I did miss the J Ross show with Stallone on but I checked youtube last night when I got in from work and someone was kind enough to have posted the interview ( it was in 2 parts ) The bit when where Stallone was on about his dad punching a horse was classic as was the Rocky music kicking in when they were on about his daughters dating.

Im gonna watch Film 2008 tonight as Ross is reviewing the film.

Yeah, the interview with Sly was a great one, half of it was laugh out loud moments.

I am really looking forward to the movie now, shall be seeing it on Saturday sometime once i have found out what time the showings are.

Really can't wait for this movie. I heard it's not as good as Rocky Balboa was in terms of bringing a character back, but from the reviews i've seen its supposed to be awesome!

Absolutely loved Stallone on JR. What a fantastic guy :D

I've always like sly as an actor, I have to admit I have yet to see a rambo film, quite looking forward to this one ^.^

I hope this film does well at the box office. The cheer effort that Stallone went through to make it definately shows his determination to make it into a good film.

Also, I've seen the first two rambos over the last two days. Amazing line in First Blood part II:

Trautman: Sure wars are a mistake but you shouldn't hate your country for it.

Rambo: Hate? I'd Die for it...

Trautman: So what do you want?

Rambo: I want what every soldier who spills his guts over here wants; for our country to love us as much as we love it.

I can see why the Americans loved rambo II lol.

The trailer for the latest looks awesome. I need to see the other ones.

Currently watching Rambo: First Blood, in preparation for Rambo on Saturday, it is showing in my local cinema at 12:10pm which is lovely. Nachos and Coke needed to make it the perfect cinema trip.

Just got in from work and checked my emails. Odeon said that they are still sorting stuff out with the distributors and are unsure if or when they will be showing Rambo. Guess its Cineworld for me then come Saturday.

Caught the review on Film 08- it hasn't put me off wanting to see it in the slightest. It looks good and in the interview with Sly about the film it was cool when he said that it wasn't him that directed it, it was Rambo because he tried to shoot it through Rambo's eyes. Nice touch from the big guy.

Did my eyes deceive me or did I see Ryan Chappelle in the TV trailer?

Yeah hes in the film. I think he plays one of the missionaries who goes into Burma and try to help the people.

They are all kickass.

I will make sure i see them! :D

I want to get back into Darksnowman's Cool books! :awesome:

I will make sure i see them! :D

I want to get back into Darksnowman's Cool books! :awesome:

They are all awesome tbf. The first one is a classic move and very underrated and the others are just OTT violence.

Well I went and seen this last night and it was awesome!

Despite being an action film and already having 3 movies before it Stallone has managed to bring a sense of realism to the John Rambo character. The film itself is also quite graphic as you see women getting raped and children getting killed.

The last fight in the film is fantastic with body parts flying all over the place, I had a massive grin on my face when it all was happening. Oh and the last scene in the film was very well done and fans of First Blood are sure to like the refrence it gives to that film.

I also saw it yesterday and must say I was surprises. I actually expected two hours of senseless killing but it actually has a bit of a political meaning behind it and even some character developement.

And it isn't the sort of violence that is fun to watch but rather shocking actually. I liked it, although I think Stallone could have done with a little less Botox.