NEurope

Hmm, a few quick impressions then.

It's definitely a multiplayer-game. You can play it on your own, but you'll breeze through it faster then through the first one. Most of the games when playing alone has the Wii to substitute for other human players.

Other then that, the games are fun, the music-stages are way better than the first one and the graphics don't dissapoint... for the most part. There are some quite ugly bits inthere. The shooting-sections are now an 'extra' and have an artistic take on them. As reported, it's FMV with 3D-elements on it. It works better than it sounds, but it doesn't play quite as smooth as in the first one. Overall, the games are less frustrating, which is a definite thumbs-up!

6.9 from IGN is harsh, but I'd give it an 7.3, which isn't a big step up. The focus through development was definitely the multiplayer and it shows, but there's fun to be had on your own. Just know that you've seen everything there is faster than you'd like. You can still come back for highscores and get some nice costume and show off with the Wi-Fi leaderboards.

Oh, and it's still damn funny! :D

UPDATE: Though there are less minigames and no storyline whatsoever, I can see me coming back to this one more then it's prequel. Why? Well, you can replay the (costumised) trips, whereas in it's prequel you had to select the minigame you wanted to play. Note that you can still do this, but it's more like WarioWare now: "Hmm, I feel like playing that collection again".

This is THE perfect family/party game. And possibly the funniest game I've played since Conker on the N64. I adore everything about this title. Absolutely brilliant. With 2+ players this is a title I would tell everyone to at least try. If you're on your own don't bother. But you are missing out on a treat. With this title and Galaxy in the last few days I feel the Wii is already cementing that special place in my heart.

I cannot believe this seems to be getting no attention. Sure Galaxy is out but for instant laughs this is even better than Wario and Carnival games. As cookie stated, it is short. But what is there is quality. And 50mini games and the laughs are worth it in my eyes. This is perfect of you're a socialite like me. Wii parties are still going strong :p

Reviewers are boring.

EDIT: Lots of people are saying this feels rushed and the frame rate is poor on the FMV shooting sections. I must be blind. It seems people were expecting the world from this title. (Is the 1st one really 'that' good?). I feel it's fine as it is.

Agreed!

The more I play this, the more I like it! I already know I'll be playing this for far longer than RRR1. And the songs are really fun. Now, to get a couple of friend to come around... :wink:

The framerate of the FMV is the shooting sections is't 30 fps, but it's not intended to be. It works perfectly as it is. People moaning about that, are indeed too harsh IMO. As tapedeck says, this is indeed on of the better (if not the best) minigame-game outthere, easily beating WarioWare. And it's charm is undeniable.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Have to say I was a bit sceptical after Matt's review, so I didn't buy it - let my girlfriend do it instead :p.

It's more balanced than the first one, with more simultaneous action (big plus!).

Do the graphics look less spectacular than the first one to you too? I found they lack the same amount of polish.

I honestly believe the graphics look slightly better!

Hmpf... Have to put the game to the test some more then! :D

Yes, I too believe the game looks better than the first. Not by miles, but slightly. It's note quite up to today's Wii-standards, but that doesn't hamper this game in the slightest. How can you not love those rabbids, with that rabbid-charm! :heh:

I'm happy they didn't stick to the original design. Looks... so wrong, with (bad attempt at) fur. :shakehead

Rayman_Raving_Rabbids02.jpg

Oh, what I would do to be able to scream like those rabbids... :D

"BWAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

ahhh got it yesterday.... spent 3 hours playing with the Rabbid puppet... and 1 hour with the actual game.. My favorite mini game so far is the one where you have to talk into your cell phone in the cinema and send messages when the light comes on... ha ha ha.. also the spitting in the mugs is a hoot

So in order for me to buy Dead Space this week I had to play and finish one of my other games and this was the one I picked.

I played the game yesterday for a couple of hours and had quite a laugh at some of the mini games but then the game was over...or so I thought. I headed over to the plaza to see that there were many a costume to unlock, high scores to beat on each mini game and shooting sections to be done.

I managed to clear all of the shooting sections today getting the high scores needed and finding the secret Rabbids and they were a joy to play. I loved that Ubisoft had used real life footage and then thrown the Rabbids in, was pretty funny.

I then set about unlocking the rest of the mini games and beating some high scores. I have still quite a bit to do on it which is quite surprising as many reviews slated the game for being too short. Yeah, I suppose it is if you fly through the Tour mode and then leave it but if you enjoy getting high scores and unlockables then the games length increases dramatically.

I managed to clear all of the shooting sections today getting the high scores needed and finding the secret Rabbids and they were a joy to play.

The on-rails shooting levels of the first Rabbids title rocked my socks. :grin: