NEurope
Dante

DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

I'll be getting this as it is my first DBZ game since GT Final Bout. It could be quite fun with Wii controls, and online play is a must for me on fighters, even if some do lag :D

is there a release date out yet?

becouse i want to sell tenkaichi 2 and buy this one only for the online play and more character and new Storymodes in it :P

Atari, the game's third-party publisher outside of Japan, says that Budokai Tenkaichi 3 will feature 161 characters and over 30 unique stages to fight in. This game will feature the largest character roster in any Dragon Ball Z video game.

Atari has announced that the Wii version of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 will feature online multiplayer capability. Due to the PS2 not having the same feature as the Wii version, Spike has added a new "Disc Fusion System." Inserting a Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi or Budokai Tenkaichi 2 disc during play unlocks Ultimate Battle, a mode featured in Budokai Tenkaichi where the goal was to fight through 100 opponents.

Free Battle mode is shown to be making a reappearance in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.[7] However, Tag Team has been said to be removed, as Free Battle (which provides up to five on five battles, whereas Tag Team only allows two characters per side) could easily be used as a substitute.

New gameplay elements

Several new features absent from Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 have been added to Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

These include:

Blast Combo - Players can now kick their opponent into the air and attack them again by quickly teleporting behind them. For example, if the player selects Goku, they can kick their opponent into the air, use Instant Transmission to quickly warp behind them while still being sent upwards, and use his Kamehameha to deal more damage to the opponent.

Sonic Sway - This technique simply allows the player to evade the opponents attacks. Since it takes longer for the attacker to get back into their fighting stance than it does the player dodging the attacks, the attacker is left with an open defense. The one evading can then quickly counter-attack their opponent. However, this feature only applies to physical attacks aimed for the upper part of the body; if the opponent aims for the player's legs, for example, they cannot evade the attacks.

Z-Counter - The ability to counter attacks by teleporting behind the enemy. This is a technique seen in the series many times.

Z-Burst Dash - An enhanced version of the dash attack from the previous game, this time the player can zig-zag to dodge attacks or surprise the

The new night system causes Bardock to transform into a Great Ape.

enemy.

The new night system causes Bardock to transform into a Great Ape.

The addition of a new day and night system creates a better connection to the original manga by allowing certain transformations to occur under specific conditions.

At night, players can harness the power of the moon to transform into certain characters, such as turning a Saiyan into a Great Ape.

By adding a new Battle Replay mode, players can now capture all of their favourite fights and watch them again later on.

There are also several camera angles you can use to swap views of the battle.

The Wii version no longer uses the sensor bar.

The game instead will use gestures and will provide a little animation at the bottom left corner of the screen to demonstrate how to perform techniques.

During Story mode, called "Dragon History" within the game, quotes appear at the bottom of the screen as the player fights and change based on their fighting. Who wins and loses causes a change in the story line, essentially making the game a what-if scenario all the way through.

Playable characters

According to the scans and videos released, the roster of playable characters will include returning characters such as Goku and Vegeta and will introduce new characters such as King Vegeta.

Atari has also announced the appearance of 20 new playable characters never before seen in a Dragon Ball Z game.

Europe Date: EU Winter 2007

USA Date: 13, November 2007

Yes! Finally Chi Chi is in it!! Can't wait to use Dragonball young Chi Chi (as well as all the other Chi Chi's they have to offer). I haven't heard of a release date personally, nothing other than N.A are supposed to get it this year.

EDIT: Scrap that, looks like this is coming to us this Winter, thanks Dante.

Wtf? It has Chi Chi? Well, I'm getting Tenkaichi 2 tomorrow. Whens this game out??

im getting this for sure , i promised myself im going to bu almost every online game for the wii only mario strikers stays in the stores

im going to sell tenkaichi 2 soon and then wait for tenkaichi 3

The Wii version no longer uses the sensor bar.

The game instead will use gestures and will provide a little animation at the bottom left corner of the screen to demonstrate how to perform techniques.

Oh man that's great, i loved the controls for the 1st Wii game, but if they manage to pull it off right without the need to keep the pointer on screen this is gonna be massive

I'm keeping an eye on this, not a huge Dragonball follower but I know a few characters. I played one of the recent games on PS2 and although I didn't have time to get used to it, it seemed fun.

Is there a Naruto game coming for Wii?

There's a Naruto Wii game out in Japan and a sequel coming but they're both based on the "Shippuden" of the anime or "Part 2" of the manga, which means they probably wont come to the US or Europe unless remade to fit in with where the show is over here (in its horrible jetix form).

The lack of sensor bar support in this feels weird to me, what was the sensor bar used for in the last game? Could you aim blasts or anything with it? It'd suck if they had a feature like that then stripped it out.

The GC videos of this game are looking fairly impressive anyway. Last I played was Tenkaichi 1 and although it was an okay 3d fighter it was a huge step down in quality from Budokai 3, so I hope the gameplay has been refined and upgraded a huge deal.

there is also a naruto game specialy made for the us , if im correctly naruto episodes are also shown in europe right on cartoon network so that means that europe gets the same naruto as the us version

i started playing tenkaichi 2 again i was un beatable with the game and i want to stay that way when i'm gonna play part 3 online whe can organise some tournaments here in N-europe

there is also a naruto game specialy made for the us , if im correctly naruto episodes are also shown in europe right on cartoon network so that means that europe gets the same naruto as the us version

No, the version we get is shown on Jetix and is also dubbed by Jetix plus another group, it's not the same as the US version.

The US version isn't as cut as Jetix.I want the Naruto Wii game out here soon,good franchise to have on the Wii.

The US version isn't as cut as Jetix.I want the Naruto Wii game out here soon,good franchise to have on the Wii.

We have the uncut DVDs though.

We have the uncut DVDs though.

Yea but some people might not get it for it's uncut glory :heh:

I buy the uncut ones from America since I get free goodies with it like Forehead protects etc.

I dunno if i'll get this.I don't wanna re-buy the same game with an online mode and few extra characters.Maybe if I see it cheap or it has more features i'll get it.Not in a huge rush.

I ain't no Dragon Ball Z fan (if the game was anything like the TV show it would probably just be badly dubbed, barely animated characters talking and scowling at each other for three hours - but just ignore me) but the last Wii game sounded pretty fun. Will definitly give this a look see if it has online.

Having played quite alot of Tenkaichi 2 i can't wait for this to come out, i loved TKCHI2 and then having hered of online play and the removal of the pointer on the screen this game can only get better, will be good to see how u can defend and reflect shots now though

The IGN review went up this week:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/840/840891p1.html

They give it an 8.0, the general jist being that it does some things better than last years game, but at the same time its gone backwards in some ways too. For example (from what I remember) the story mode isn't as huge as the last game which apparently had all kinds of fights in it but this one just has the "main" ones.

Disappointingly, the online play isn't meant to be working well at all. Hopefully they can iron it out by the time this comes to Europe, but there are no guarantees that they will work on smoothing it out ever.

I'm only gonna get this if the online is fixed because at the moment it has terrible lag.

Sucks about the story mode though. Not surprising really cause they'll never make a 'perfect' DBZ game cause when they do, it'll be over for them so they always need to make a drawback in the game so they can better it.

I'm not bothered about story mode, I'm sick of playing through it every single year.

True. Sometimes I get fed up doing fights with characters I can't be bothered with like Krillen,Chaitzou, Tien and Yamcha. I don't really need to fight Saibamen with them all, neither have training fights or have pointless ones against the likes of Cell...