NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Save Money! Say No To Rip Off Phone Calls!

Ok, we've all been there. Desperate to contact our bank, a sales office or another organisation using 0845, 0870 and 0871 numbers. None of these numbers can be included in your inclusive mobile allowance (and that includes 0800 on most mobile networks!) and are not included in your BT free call allowances (for those on BT Option 2 or 3). These calls can mount up on your bill, in an average quarter, out BT bill includes nearly £30.00 of 0845, 0870 numbers. What to do...

An end to your woes!

http://www.saynoto0870.com. This great site is designed to give alternative 'geographic' numbers for those pesky 08** numbers - basically the 01 or 02 alternatives. This means you can call them using your inclusive mobile minutes, are free with your BT option 2 or 3 - saving you (and your parents LOADS).

Not every number is listed, but most larger companies are. The site urges you to prefix your call with 141 to withold your number, ensuring the recipient is unaware where your call is being routed the normal network and not the premium rate network.

nice idea...I rang up BT using my mobile as no house phone to cancel our internet and it cost me a bomb!

How do I stop foreign (mostly Asian) people calling me from a call centre with 'fantastic offers' every day? They can't speak English and they're relentlessly annoying.

How do I stop foreign (mostly Asian) people calling me from a call centre with 'fantastic offers' every day? They can't speak English and they're relentlessly annoying.
You should be able to get the majority of junk calls blocked by calling your service provider.

You should be able to get the majority of junk calls blocked by calling your service provider.

Calls to Virgin Media appear to go to a foreign country aswell, or they did when Virgin broke our Internets.

If I answer the phone when they ring, I will stay on the phone and have some banter with them just to waste their time. Ask them ridicolous questions like, after they offer a mobile phone, say you're intrested but only if the phone is *enter selected silly colour*, or ask very challenging sounding questions about the phones features, :heh: Brightens up my day, when I waste around 10minutes of their time, but when I get put through to their supervisors (who are the queen's english sounding people), I feel bad, incase I have gotten them sacked.....

If I answer the phone when they ring, I will stay on the phone and have some banter with them just to waste their time. Ask them ridicolous questions like, after they offer a mobile phone, say you're intrested but only if the phone is *enter selected silly colour*, or ask very challenging sounding questions about the phones features, :heh: Brightens up my day, when I waste around 10minutes of their time, but when I get put through to their supervisors (who are the queen's english sounding people), I feel bad, incase I have gotten them sacked.....

Don't feel bad, they are calling you without any authorisation. I pretend to have a heart attack if they call.

I pretend to have a heart attack if they call.

:D I'm suprised you don't pretend to be Jack Bauer and use one of his many quotes, to scare them away.

:D I'm suprised you don't pretend to be Jack Bauer and use one of his many quotes, to scare them away.

'Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men' somehow seems inappropriate. :heh:

One thing that annoys me is when you get a ton of missed calls off what looks like an english landline,so you ring it back thinking it could be important, especially if it is a local number, could be anything...and then you ring it back...get your bill at the end of the month and it turns out to be a number in the congo...

When i was on my work experience at an electricals shop, every time one of those people rang up and tried to sell him stuff he'd say "Can i just put you on hold a sec, i have a customer waiting" he got one to stay on the line for 20 minutes.

GOod idea.

As for telemarketers. I love 'em. It's better than pranking, because you don't have to pay to screw them around.

i can safetly say i have never ever got any calls olike this. I thought they only happen in the Us or something. bloody hell!

Don't feel bad, they are calling you without any authorisation. I pretend to have a heart attack if they call.

Just say "oh one sec i'll get my mum" then put your best mate on.

Reaction is awsome.

Just say "oh one sec i'll get my mum" then put your best mate on.

Reaction is awsome.

Or say that, then never get anyone, just leave the phone on the side, lol.

I've heard of these before, though never actually remembered to use them in the rare occurences that I need to ring a special rate line. Not so much related, but for people looking to save all kinds of money, google 'Money Saving Expert' for Martin Lewis's site, it is actually quite useful!

Funny youtube video with that guy lol, classy! I tend to just hang up on the people when they ring, but as soon as I get back to what I was doing, some other company will be calling for some crap or other :(

Sign in to follow this