NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

2 Xbox360 questions.

Just 2 Q's that have been bugging me and i wonder if any of you's will know the answer.

1) Your gamertag, points, achivments etc. How is it stored? If the XBL servers ever messed up would we lose everything or do MS have backup's? I know we have a copy on are consoles as well but i dont know how this works.

2) Whats more realibale, a 360 hard drive or Memory unit?

Thanks.

2) memory unit i think because it's flash, is it not? but its damned tiny.

I was thinking about 1 and I think it is stored on your hardrive and then sent to the MS servers. Mainly because if you don't connect to Live you can still have your Gamertag, Gamerscore etc.

So basically the copy is on the MS servers not the 360.

I was thinking about 1 and I think it is stored on your hardrive and then sent to the MS servers. Mainly because if you don't connect to Live you can still have your Gamertag, Gamerscore etc.

So basically the copy is on the MS servers not the 360.

Yeah thats basically it. Obviously if you're not on Live and you get achievements and then your hard drive goes tits up you're back to what it says on Microsoft servers.

And yes they'll have a back up, it's Microsoft, and so it'd be stupid for them not to do that. As for the other question, yeah I would have thought the memory card would have been more reliable.

And yes they'll have a back up, it's Microsoft, and so it'd be stupid for them not to do that.

You would think they could design a console so they dont over heat as well, so it wouldnt suprise me if they don't.

You would think they could design a console so they dont over heat as well, so it wouldnt suprise me if they don't.

Lol, true. You'd also expect the console to not sound like a jet engine. Still, even small business's have back up plans if things go tits up, so it's likely a company like Microsoft would have back ups of this stuff.:D

When you earn achievements offline and then go online they are posted to your online profile so your friends and people on the internet can see them. What isn't posted is the time you earned the achievement as that cannot be verified (you could alter the time while offline to anything you like). If you check out peoples achievements online some won't have a date unlocked next to them, meaning they earned them offline.

Microsoft will definately have backups of all the gamertags and achievements, no enterprise level database wouldn't have a data recovery solution. They are probably mirrored as well, meaning that multiple versions of the same database are held on different servers in case one server fails.

Guess what I do for a living!

When you earn achievements offline and then go online they are posted to your online profile so your friends and people on the internet can see them. What isn't posted is the time you earned the achievement as that cannot be verified (you could alter the time while offline to anything you like). If you check out peoples achievements online some won't have a date unlocked next to them, meaning they earned them offline.

Microsoft will definately have backups of all the gamertags and achievements, no enterprise level database wouldn't have a data recovery solution. They are probably mirrored as well, meaning that multiple versions of the same database are held on different servers in case one server fails.

Guess what I do for a living!

Supermarket checkout?

Your Xbox Live Account is stored on the Microsoft Servers..

This Includes

Marketplace Purchases/Download Records

MS Point Balance

Gamerscore

Friends List

Recent Players

The only thing that isn't stored on MS servers is your game saves

your gamerscore is also stored on your hard-drive along with your profile

Your gamerscore is stored on your hard drive AND on Microsofts side. I know this from my friends experience. She recovered her profile onto a friends 360, did some stuff then went home and got some achievements. She came to mine but it wouldn't let her go online because she had to recover her profile back onto her own hard drive, alas overwritting all the achievements she had gain between the two recovery days.

I don't understand, why didnt it save the achivements?

I thought if she done some, then recoverd again she would have recoverd the new ones she unlocked, what am i missing?

I Recovered my Gamertag, on a seperate console, it had my achievement, and Xbox Live Purchase Records. So I don't have to pay more

Sign in to follow this