NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
kiwikid

Nintendo Product Placement

Hello everyone, with the current popularity of Nintendo reaching new heights I have noticed an increasing amount of Nintendo goods appearing in TV shows.

The other week I was watching Two and a half Men and the kid got a brand spanking new Wii for xmas and the box was shown in several shots for about 5 minutes. Then last night I was watching the War at Home (please forgive my taste in TV as I can only get 2 channels where I live so viewing is rather restricted) and the youngest son was happily playing on his lovely shiny DS Lite. Another Gay Movie shows a bored little homo playing on his GBA-SP. It seems everywhere there is a Nintendo product to be played. This is clearly a good thing so I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same thing?

Apologies if this is not the apprpriate place for this thread but I didn't really know where else to put it.

Apologies if this is not the apprpriate place for this thread but I didn't really know where else to put it.

this is probably the right place as the wii board doubles as a general nintendo board

In Two and A Half men you see Jake every so often with a DS.Also a couple of times in House i've seen the main character playing a DS aswell.

I also see a fair amount of Nintendo adverts which is good since there was usually barely any.

Also a couple of times in House i've seen the main character playing a DS aswell.

Probably playing Trauma Center. ;)

In a few shows, I've seen people playing a "Game Boy" (which is actually a DS or DS Lite). Can't remember the show.

I expect the Wii to be this generations PS2 in terms of appearing in TV shows - the price will determine that (They won't want to spend too much on what is essentially a prop)

Im not sure but I think the South Park episode featuring the Wii was sponsored by Nintendo.

I remember the makers of the show mentioned they were big gaming fans, so Nintendo might not have had to sponsor the episode.

... in House i've seen the main character playing a DS aswell.

I also see a fair amount of Nintendo adverts which is good since there was usually barely any.

He used to always be playing a GBA, but it then switched to a PSP. I've also seen PSPs in Heroes. I can't ever remember seeing a DS though, must be the shows I watch.

In a dutch game show, the winners gets a nintendo ds. And its not a game show for kids but for adults with really difficult question.

Lite. Another Gay Movie shows a bored little homo playing on his GBA-SP.

Hehehehe, that made me laugh.

There's a welsh TV show called "Uned 5", which is basically a programme for teens, about welsh popular culture, and they always have someone playing Wii Sports in the background.

Dr House plays Metroid on House, but it would of had been awesome if it was Trauma Centre!

There was the red DS in the movie Stormbreaker of course :-

*After being shown some gadget games....*

"What's Mario Kart for?"

"That's for the flight."

ho ho ho

I hate it when I see people in tv series or movies playing a DS or even a PSP that's making Atari 2600 sound effects.

Once in Drake and Josh, their litle sister was playing a DS but it was called a 'plitendo ps' :wtf:

Hehehehe, that made me laugh.

Me too.

Anyway Veronica Mars featured a GameCube (granted a bit retro for someone who has enough money to have lived at the most expensive room in the most expensive hotel for two years but who am I to play). Featured several clips of Mario Kart.

Thats all I can think of...

I remember noticing some nintendo stuff in a few things, but I don't remember what exactly. SO maybe I don't remember so well after all! I also remember that advert for potato things where they was playing an N64 on mario tennis or something, I dunno.

Not so much placement, but apparently at the brits(or some other recent award show) all the celebrities get a little goodie bag and there were DSs or Wiis in everyone from Nintendo or something.

(I really not sure if I know what I'm talking about, you may have noticed)

In the extremely shit movie firewall one of the geeky hacker bad guys plays a DS, however a vastly superior movie Inside Man advertised a PSP :(

Nintendo should either get it's products in good movies or not at all :P

however a vastly superior movie Inside Man advertised a PSP :(

I'm pretty sure the main character said the game the kid was playing (a GTA parody) was stupid. (Not the exact word, but words to that effect).

I'm pretty sure the main character said the game the kid was playing (a GTA parody) was stupid. (Not the exact word, but words to that effect).

He said it was violent, and told his dad that kids shouldn't play those sort of games.

Which could be a pro seeing as PSP was originally directed at 'older gamers' cause of course all of us DS owners are 'lil kids. :S

Not quite product placement, but Wii seems to be one of the sponsors of the Hamburg tennis thats on at the mo. A nice touch I thought, keep it coming! :hehe:

Paul in Coronation Street has a black DS Lite, he's played it in his office on at least one occasion. Top bloke.

Coronation Street is ace : peace:

Sign in to follow this