NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Expanding a wireless network

Right, I currently have an ADSL wireless router (a netgear DG384GT) which seems to provide wireless internet access for most of the house, but not my room, grr. Is it possible to get another wireless router (as I have a wired connection to my room) and use it to extend my current wireless network? This is so that I can get my DS, and soon to own Wii, online.

Can't you just move it to a different phone socket? Or play your DS in another room? It is portable you know :heh:

Something like this?

A bit expensive, though.

Yeah that is an option, I might have to go down that route.

Can't you just move it to a different phone socket? Or play your DS in another room? It is portable you know :heh:

There isn't anywhere in the house that it can go other than where it is..and I want to be able to play my DS in my room :P

Are the ariels on the router detachable? You could always get one with a higher dB frequency that'd do the job.

Are the ariels on the router detachable? You could always get one with a higher dB frequency that'd do the job.

Yes they are, that could be a better idea, do you know anywhere to get them?

Quite a few wireless hubs have a repeater mode, which extends the ranger of an existing wireless network... example: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=276873

Well I was looking at this which has a repeater mode and bridging mode, but then it has a * saying that it only works with another version of the same access point, but it doesn't specify if that is for the bridging or the repeater modes.

wow, thats a buy and a half there Jordan! Might have to get one of these myself

You don't really need an aerial. Something along these lines would be better

Pound for pound an aerial will give better results with easier setup though. An extra access point is a luxury

I might get that aerial aswell although the repeater looks good the aerial is £30 cheaper and it looks like it would do the job.

When do you think you will get it Ollie?

I might get that aerial aswell although the repeater looks good the aerial is £30 cheaper and it looks like it would do the job.

When do you think you will get it Ollie?

Well it didn't arrive today, so hopefully tomorrow :)

Sign in to follow this