NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Donkey Kong Country Series

It seems that they will be removed from the European Wii Shop on November 25th

Really? What's the reason behind this?

None given strangely.

Going to move them to my Wii's main bit and not on the SD card, just in case we can't redownload

M$ bought it and the next installment is already being made by Rare, Donkey Kong: Banana's and Bolts.

Speaking of which, did we ever get DK64 for VC?

Say speaking of Donkey Kong, I have not seen Darksnowman for some time, what happened to him? He just suddenly vanished 0_o

Say speaking of Donkey Kong, I have not seen Darksnowman for some time, what happened to him? He just suddenly vanished 0_o

He was sick of your babbling and left. :D

No idea where he has gone. I asked Nando is he was alright a few months back and he said he was fine. The last thing he posted was in the Top 25 Wii games thread. Methinks he may be done with the place. :(

That sucks, DK64 was miles better than the DKC series on the SNES :(

Whaaaat?! :laughing:

Totally different genres tbf.

Also: perplexed by this decision unless Nintendo are doing something else with the trilogy. But then, why remove them in the first place? I'm not too worried as I got them the second they appeared on Wii. Maybe they are transferring everything across?

Darksnowman will be aware of this and will be on a crusade to Japan to sort this blasphemy out. :love:

Whaaaat?! :laughing:

Totally different genres tbf.

Outside of the music, everything about DK64 just felt more fun, I don't know, just the feel of finally exploring Donkey Kongs island perhaps makes me like it more than the the trilogy.

so silly question, I already have DKC from the virtual console...but if for example, someone was to delete my copy of DKC locally, will I ever be able to download it again once its removed from the Wii shop ?

Edited by Helmsly

There are games that have been removed from Xbox Live and PSN, and you've always been able to re-download them if you've already bought them, so I doubt this will be any different.

There are games that have been removed from Xbox Live and PSN, and you've always been able to re-download them if you've already bought them, so I doubt this will be any different.

yeah its the same for steam too but I never know with Nintendo

yeah its the same for steam too but I never know with Nintendo

Yep, I wouldn't trust Nintendo to do that just because XBLA/PSN did, just to be safe. They may have info on their website tho, or you could ask customer services?

Yep, I wouldn't trust Nintendo to do that just because XBLA/PSN did, just to be safe. They may have info on their website tho, or you could ask customer services?

Yeah think I'll do that just in case.

I didn't know Ninja turtles for the NES was taken down too this year. I own that game, so I guess I could test it out with that.

Yeah think I'll do that just in case.

I didn't know Ninja turtles for the NES was taken down too this year. I own that game, so I guess I could test it out with that.

Nice! Post your findings here & educate us all ;)

Ninja turtles still shows in my "titles you've downloaded" list and I re-downloaded it from there :)

Edited by Helmsly

Just incase anyone is still wondering about this, transferred my Wii data over to my WiiU today and it redownloaded my Donkey Kong Country games automatically so for now it looks like, if you bought it, you will still have it.

Just incase anyone is still wondering about this, transferred my Wii data over to my WiiU today and it redownloaded my Donkey Kong Country games automatically so for now it looks like, if you bought it, you will still have it.

That's great news! DKC 2 deserves to be on every system I own. As for the whole removal situation, I still hastily fire up Twitter every day to see if any news of a HD collection emerges, it never does. :red: