NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Donkey Kong Country Series

Not visible due to privacy. :( Do I not have you? Add meh.

ReZourceman/Michael Jamieson. thx xxxx

Sorted. Video might work now as changed some privacy settings for video.

Can't see it :(

Arggghle. Facefook's privacy settings are bleh. ::shrug:

I'll youTube it at some point in the future and get it in here.

I'll youTube it at some point in the future and get it in here.

Get it on Youtube and get it embedded in here, boyo!

I've been meaning to post this for a while and I just remembered to do so now as I just heard this song again on the way home from work.

Is it just me or can anyone else hear Stickerbrush Symphony in this song?

First of all, I want an apology for having to listen to that :p

Second, I think I know what you mean but unless you had said, I probably wouldn't have made any connection between the two. Seems to be more evident in the sections with Eminem singing.

First of all, I want an apology for having to listen to that :p

Second, I think I know what you mean but unless you had said, I probably wouldn't have made any connection between the two. Seems to be more evident in the sections with Eminem singing.

Sorry. :D

I put the two together the first time I heard it. I was coming home from work and it was driving me crazy why it seemed so familiar, then further down the road it came to me.

I hear it - quick alert David Wise and the Stamper Bros.! Wonder if its intentional? I think Eminem outed himself as being a DK fan didn't he.

I hear it - quick alert David Wise and the Stamper Bros.! Wonder if its intentional? I think Eminem outed himself as being a DK fan didn't he.

Good to see that i'm not just hearing things then. :D

haha, yep I hear it!

I listened to just the DKC track, already having a good idea of the Eminem track and could definately hear the similarities.

Given both Level and Pop Fiction have a thread on the general board, I wasn't too sure whether to put this up there or in here. That there is also a music thread made me further unsure.

So I'm posting it here and people can make a new thread if they want elsewhere. It's GT's new segment which focuses on music and they are starting with this beauty.

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country again recently on the SNES in co-op and it still looks, plays and sounds amazing :yay:

General what now?

Thats a great way for GT to kick off their new series but I felt they could have said more rather than just play the music - its not as if we don't know those tunes by heart is it. :indeed:

Can't believe DKC will be 20 years old in two years. Mental.

Honestly, the trilogy is so iconic, I'm surprised it's that recent! :heh:

That video alone reminded me why the DKC trilogy is the best 2D platforming experience of all time. Also, that the first game is the best.

I feel like hearing OCRemix's tribute album, now.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The beginning of that reminded me of the engine sound that Pod Racers make. :heh: Twas a good tune you posted - as I listened I was waiting for it to kick in and take things up a notch but that just didn't happen. :(

The Cave Dweller Concert remix was the one that sprung to mind first, but yeah, it's a mellow album in general.

The Aquatic Ambience remix stays closer to the original, should've gone with that one.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

God, I miss DKC 2 and DKC 3... mis-spent youth. Can't get them on VC in China - Wii won't connect to the net. Only hope is that they re-release on 3DS.

A package of DKC 1-3 on 3DS would be kingly! Imagine those parallax layers scrolling in 3D. Imagine snow barrel blasting through that blizzard! :love: It must happen.

I suppose they could be done as '3D Classics' but I'd gladly stump up the cash for it at retail... and the DKL trilogy could get spruced up as 3D Classics - a wee lick of colour would go a long way to making those three into great titles. They were ahead of their time on the monochrome Gameboy.

Next week on 1UP: why Super Mario Galaxy is better than the original Legend of Zelda.

Was quite good even though I expected something to actually happen at the end.

The first guy was spot on. A better comparison would have been SMW or Yoshi's Island.

The DKC trilogy is still my favourite series of games ever though.

The atmosphere is, and always will be, incredible. Such a powerful combination of graphics, sound and control. I think the SGI graphics are still unmatched in many games today (polygons/sprites just look bland a lot of the time) and their was no reason to not continue making 2D games in that universe. Especially since it was vast in DKC 2/3.

As stated, any 3DS remakes would be incredible. I'm surprised we've not seen any 16-Bit remakes yet. Early days but they'll surely come along.