NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Donkey Kong Country Series

I actually did all of The Lost World without a guide (They were pretty easy really) in fact the majority of the ones in DKC3 are piss to find.

Swoopy Salvo is proper difficult as a level though.

+Respect if you think its easy. :indeed:

Yeah I am good at Swoopy Salvo. The one that took the most lives in Lost World was Stampede.

o________0

Once you've memorised it enough though its like riding a bike and you can do it over and over again. Fucking up the bonus twice in a row made me want to die though. :/

Stampede Sprint isn't that bad, is it? I like the layer of pressure it puts you under- its essentially a minecart level, but it feels more urgent and dangerous, imo.

Rocket Barrel Blast is always a nervy one!

I was actually a little disappointed by that...I was expecting just an awesome normal one for the "last" level not a bit of a gimmicky.

I think Animal Antics takes the trophy of hardest level out of the trilogy.

I didn't think it was a gimmick. I thought stuff like Low G Labyrinth and Poison Pipeline were the gimmicky levels! I think Rocket Barrel Blast is a great final hurrah for DKC 3- a bright outdoors stage after what seems like a very dark and gloomy succession of levels in Krematoa leading up to it. Despite the bright looks, its still edgy and twitchy... probably moreso with the added pressure of knowing you've reached the end of the game. :love: Aah, DKC 3.

I agree that Animal Antics is a scum of a level but for me, seeing as I lack your skills, Swoopy Salvo has always been up there too. :heh: Toughest stage in DKC? *That* jump on Minecart Mayhem stands out but hasn't caused me any problems for like... sixteen years.

I never thought Animal Antics was that bad really and it's certainly easier than Stampede Sprint.

Swoopy Salvo is pretty difficult but for sheer annoyance though, Koindozer Klamber has to be up there, especially if you lose Dixie...

Haha, I love Koindozer Klamber. Great level with a funky tune. :grin:

Its occurred to me that I mean Rocket Rush and not Rocket Barrel Blast, but ReZ knew what I meant so we are on the same wavelength despite that- whether thats a good thing or not I don't know...? Its clearly been too long since I last played DKC 3... like last December. :laughing:

Haha, I love Koindozer Klamber. Great level with a funky tune. :grin:

Its occurred to me that I mean Rocket Rush and not Rocket Barrel Blast, but ReZ knew what I meant so we are on the same wavelength despite that- whether thats a good thing or not I don't know...? Its clearly been too long since I last played DKC 3... like last December. :laughing:

Haha, yes indeedy. :p

Now how about favourite levels guys?

I love every single roller coaster level. I love the marsh levels. I like the "Outside" normal levels in DKC3 a lot. And the rope ones in DKC3.

In DKC1 the water ones are classic, but not my favourites, I like the cave and mine train levels. :D

Bramble Blast is, and always will be my all time favourite.

Great music, good level.

After that i suppose any mine kart/rollercoaster level and the snow levels from DKC1 have to be up there, especially the one where it gets heavier the further you get into the level.

Because a lot of the levels try to avoid gimmicks, though some focus heavily on one, it's difficult pick out favourites that aren't based more on liking the environment and music over the actual level itself.

I always prefer running and jumping over barrel shooting (and mine cart/roller coaster/bobsleighs levels) but Bramble Blast is a classic because of that music. If it was set in, say... an industrial level from DKC3, I'd never play that level more times than I physically had too because it's such an uninspiring theme - both backdrop and music.

Favourites in DKC have to be the Jungle, Forest, Snow and Factory levels. If pressed, I probably pick Snow Barrel Blast as my number one choice - I know it has barrel cannons but the atmosphere is so thick it's like wading through treacle.

As for DKC2, Brambles and Woods are the best. Bramble Scramble is a great level as is Animal Antics - Bramble Scramble edges it as Primal Rave is, for me, one of the poorer music tracks in the game. Big props have to go to Rattle Battle too!

And finally DKC3. Any Riverside, Waterfall or Mountain level will keep me most pleased. Bobbing Barrel Brawl, Rocket Barrel Ride and Krevice Kreepers are all worthy contenders.

The one in DKC3 where...

...you had to follow a barrel back to the left...

...was impossible for me to find at the time.

It's hard to pick a certain level that stood out as all of them are amazing. I love the faced paced levels when riding in the minecarts/rollercoasters/sledges and then to compliment them you get the awesome slow paced underwater levels.

One of my favourite boss fights is from the 3rd game. I love this fight. :D

In the first game, I enjoy most levels. But Snow Barrel Blast is a personal favourite of mine, yes.

In the second game, I'd go for... either Rattle Battle or that castle level where the floor is trying to crush you (can't remember the name!)

In DKC3...more info after I replay it.

In the first game, I enjoy most levels. But Snow Barrel Blast is a personal favourite of mine, yes.

In the second game, I'd go for... either Rattle Battle or that castle level where the floor is trying to crush you (can't remember the name!)

In DKC3...more info after I replay it.

So Castle Crush then ;)

It's hard to pick a certain level that stood out as all of them are amazing. I love the faced paced levels when riding in the minecarts/rollercoasters/sledges and then to compliment them you get the awesome slow paced underwater levels.

One of my favourite boss fights is from the 3rd game. I love this fight. :D

(bleak's house)

I liked the parts where you could hit him while he's attacking. But any invincible attack sequences on bosses annoy me (in this case, when he's firing out of his hat).

I've just seen a thread on Gaf pop up with mixes and some of them are great.

Black Eyed Peas Vs Funky Kong

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Eminem Vs Stickerbrush Symphony

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Fresh Prince Vs Funky Kong

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Fantastic! :D

167476_487647177335_503932335_6357070_368645_n.jpg

They were cheaper in Japanese... and I didn't think there would really be any loss to playing em in Japanese... little did I know about the banana coin stuff...

I didn't play DKC2 or DKC3 really at all growing up... so when I saw both of these on ebay on the cheap I decided to pick em up haha.

Also, I wanted some Super Famicom carts anyhow, so... yea haha :D

I'm playing through DKC2 right now, just got to the 2nd world, so far it feels a lot less polished than the first game... :/ I don't think it's the nostalgia factor either.. but... *shrug* we'll see how the rest of the game goes :D

First one's a classic for me, i never got into the other two

What you mean? Get into them, your opinion on ANYTHING doesn't count until you do. :heh:

What you mean? Get into them, your opinion on ANYTHING doesn't count until you do. :heh:

I think that's a bot. They're now copying parts of previous posts in the thread and hope they just made a decent post.

It was pretty noticeable in the Wii General discussion thread. A bot made a post straight out of two years ago.

He just wanted to reach 15posts as quickly as possible so he could post his Banjo Threeie project in the Creative Board and bugger off.

I think that's a bot.

And there I was getting excited at the prospect of some (poorly punctuated) DKC chatter. :blush:

He just wanted to reach 15posts as quickly as possible so he could post his Banjo Threeie project in the Creative Board and bugger off.

You knew this and haven't banned him? :heh:

On the last level of DKCReturns... Now going to play this original trilogy. Can't wait (never played the third!)