NEurope
ReZourceman

Minutes To Midnight

Anyone else pick up Linkin Parks new album?

Ive just started listening to it now. my thoughts soon.

First lsiten: Awful

After a few listens, It's grown on me. It's better for listening to while doing other stuff (compared to the other albums).

I was listening to these guys on Channel 4 the other night and something got me thinking. The only reason I went off this band during the glow of their first album was because they became hugely mainstream and it became totally uncool to like Linkin Park. And kids started using them for Anime Music Videos so much that half of the time you type "Naruto" into Youtube, you get a Linkin Park song instead.

I used to love them, but society dictated that I must give in (I was but a young nipper, what, 15, 16?) and stop liking them. A shame really, but somehow I've managed to convince myself that they're genuinely a poor band, and see no reason to go back on that now.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora IMHO are absolutely breathtaking. I could lay on my bed in a dark room, close my eyes, listen to both entire albums and melt away.

I cant really say that about anything else/nothing else has any affect like this on me. Like...I like Embrace, but I dont melt away. As I described.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora IMHO are absolutely breathtaking. I could lay on my bed in a dark room, close my eyes, listen to both entire albums and melt away.

Yay! I'm so on agreement there, both my HT and meteora CDs are wrecked from the amount of use they get :) Hybrid Theory EP is also awesome.

I love this new album. I must admit that it does take a while to grow on you tho, but my favourite track is Bleed It Out and What I've Done.

And just one more thing.....

I <3 LINKIN PARK!!!!

They've always sucked pretty hard musically, and the lyrics are angsty to the point where they become ridiculously cheesy, that said, I can see why some people would like them, even though I personally wouldn't touch anything they produce with a shitty stick.

Blind Guardian:

7. The Soulforged

I'm not insane

That's how it seems though

Spiteful, cruel but wise beyond his age

My body fails

My soul will (rise)

The end of life's immortalized

Disease and agony

And I see death through golden eyes

(Beyond the door)

There's something more

It seems there's just one way

On through the heat

I've felt the touch of evil

I still feel

The icy claw in me

Etc...

(I should also note Im not a huge music fan. The only two musicians/bands Im religious over I have already mentioned, so to give them the kinda praise I gave a second ago is a big deal)

I'm awaiting it in the post. What I've Done and Given Up are good songs though, so I'm hoping this will be a good album.

I was listening to these guys on Channel 4 the other night and something got me thinking. The only reason I went off this band during the glow of their first album was because they became hugely mainstream and it became totally uncool to like Linkin Park. And kids started using them for Anime Music Videos so much that half of the time you type "Naruto" into Youtube, you get a Linkin Park song instead.

I used to love them, but society dictated that I must give in (I was but a young nipper, what, 15, 16?) and stop liking them. A shame really, but somehow I've managed to convince myself that they're genuinely a poor band, and see no reason to go back on that now.

Thats my exact view, and the view of many now. Its a shame really.

CRAWWLIIIIING INNN MY SKIIIIN

Blind Guardian:

My point here, you dumb frick, is that Linkin Park "music" - as it's called - is based around the lyrics, without any real emphasis on their total inability to play their instruments with any degree of skill.

With Blind Guardian, his accent's so think you can barely make out the lyrics any way, and even if you could, it's irrelevant, because thats probably the least important factor of their music. Blind Guardian never claimed to have any lyrical profundity, it's the musicianship that key to what makes their songs such a joy to listen to.

My point here, you dumb frick, is that Linkin Park "music" - as it's called - is based around the lyrics, without any real emphasis on their total inability to play their instruments with any degree of skill.

WHYYY do people just come in threads they have no intrest in just to flame?

I like screamy angst lyrics. I like how they play their instruments.

:nono:

Linkin Park are awesome, although Im not so convinced with this latest album, I haven't heard every song, but some make me cringe and some I know will definitely grow on me, however after 2 listens of various songs, I love Bleed It Out and What I've Done. And although some of you are insulting their instrument ability, I thought the instrumental on the first track was quite good!

Going to take a peek, their lyrics suck and they're not exactly master musicians, but some musics do sound pretty cool.

Word. I like teh different noises and sounds and effects from teh actual music...Its these factors that make them good IMO....Im not overly fond of teh lyrics. Heck I barely know what half of them mean (although there are exceptions see ; Numb...I think teh lyrics are teh awesome)

How come every time you rant about bands you claim they have no skill in their instruments. Clearly they have some degree of skill or they wouldn't be able to make records.

I have no degree of skill, because I can't play my guitar. Linkin Park's guitarist can, so have some degree of skill.

Can't you just say you dislike their music, without some elitist view?

No, cause I have to give a reason. The reason being that they're thoroughly incompetent musicians, which believe me they are, trust me on this, these days, the worse you are as a musician, the easier it is to get a record deal, how else do you explain Nine Black Alps getting one? I also don't like their songs. Although as I said, I can see why some of you might like their er...see now I'm in a dilemma because it's against my principles to call whatever trite garbage they churn out "music."

As you were.

Blind Guardian:

7. The Soulforged

I'm not insane

That's how it seems though

Spiteful, cruel but wise beyond his age

My body fails

My soul will (rise)

The end of life's immortalized

Disease and agony

And I see death through golden eyes

(Beyond the door)

There's something more

It seems there's just one way

On through the heat

I've felt the touch of evil

I still feel

The icy claw in me

Etc...

This song is based on a fictional character in a fantasy book and it´s about how is live was.

And i fail to see the angst part of this song

So is any band outside the metal genre by your standards.

With Blind Guardian, his accent's so think you can barely make out the lyrics any way, and even if you could, it's irrelevant, because thats probably the least important factor of their music. Blind Guardian never claimed to have any lyrical profundity, it's the musicianship that key to what makes their songs such a joy to listen to.

I don't really find their inside contest to see who can play their instruments the fastest is a joy to listen to. I don't like linkin park for their lyrics either, with a few exceptions... I enjoy linkin park because they have catchy music and there's nothing wrong with that.

So is any band outside the metal genre by your standards.

I don't really find their inside contest to see who can play their instruments the fastest is a joy to listen to. I don't like linkin park for their lyrics either, with a few exceptions... I enjoy linkin park because they have catchy music and there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course that's a load of bollocks, as I listen to a large variety of music.

Blind Guardian don't play particularly fast, in fact, their best songs are pretty slow, but they're incredibly well written, listen to songs like Skalds And Shadows, The Bard's Song, A Past And Future Secret, Mordreds song, etc to get a sense of this. Don't talk shit about a band you clearly know nothing about.

All Linkin Park ever do is play the same stale riff consisting of about 4 notes throughout the whole song.

Of course that's a load of bollocks, as I listen to a large variety of music.

Blind Guardian don't play particularly fast, in fact, their best songs are pretty slow, but they're incredibly well written, listen to songs like Skalds And Shadows, The Bard's Song, A Past And Future Secret, Mordreds song, etc to get a sense of this.

I thought that his accent were so thick that the lyrics are unimportant? or are you reffering to how the music, in which case you should move to my next point.

Don't talk shit about a band you clearly know nothing about.

All Linkin Park ever do is play the same stale riff consisting of about 4 notes throughout the whole song.

I'm not really talking shit here, I don't take music that seriously. But linkin park is hardly even guitars, i've noticed more so in this album than the others that most of it is centered around the drums, lyrics and turntable/noises.

Further more, playing a 4 riff note is an indication of choice, rather than talent to me. If Linkin Park write and perform a piece of music, then find it worthy of releasing, then that's exactly how they intended it to sound and the song is therefore perfect.

Downloaded this when it leaked onto the net, first listen i was a bit disappointed. But it really, really grows on you and i think it's a really great album now. best tracks for me are 'Shadow Of The Day' and 'No More Sorrow' Music doesn't always need to use the most skilful playing to mean it's good either.

Huge step backwards, 12 months of solid focused recording my arse.

Not impressed at all. Love Meteora, Hybrid Theory, Reanimation. All I can say about MTM is glad I didn't buy it. Only song I do like is Given Up.