NEurope
ReZourceman

Minutes To Midnight

I was going to get this...but like 'Funeral For A Friend' the single sounds like it tons better then the rest of the album, so...i don't know.

I like the whole album, I like the direction they're taking. Personally I didn't want to see another 12 songs of Nu-Metal (I know they were great but I wanted something new).

Not impressed at all. Love Meteora, Hybrid Theory, Reanimation. All I can say about MTM is glad I didn't buy it. Only song I do like is Given Up.

bleed it out is better :heh:

I HATED this album when i first listened to it, especially because I absolutely LOVE Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but this was just too different. That said, i'm going to listen to it again soon because apparantly it grows on you.

I do have a lot of respect for them for trying something new, rather than releasing a really shallow/samey album to make shitloads of money(i'm looking at YOU My Chemical Romance). I think they know this won't sell as much, especially seeing as most linkin park fans aren't going to be buying this (like me), and I applaud them for trying something different.

What I've Done, Given Up and Bleed It Out are my fav songs.

Ive only listened through once. And man so far it's like, "Dude, where have LP gone?"

It'll probably grow on me.

Im impressed. I was very worried by peoples comments but im really loving the new album!

@The Bard

We get it, the music you like is driven by Guitars, Guitars and erm, more Guitars. Linkin Park don't do that, this doesn't mean they are crap though.

They do what they do very well and have churned out 5 very listenable albums blending metal with hip-hop (sort of)

On an unrelated note why do you dismiss the value of Vocals so quickly?

We get it, the music you like is driven by Guitars, Guitars and erm, more Guitars. Linkin Park don't do that, this doesn't mean they are crap though.

They do what they do very well and have churned out 5 very listenable albums blending metal with hip-hop (sort of)

Disagree that piece of shit they did with Jay Z, lets never talk of that again. And Re-animation is nothing to be proud of. So not counting Minutes To Midnight, they have two studio albums and a live album worth listening to.

Disagree that piece of shit they did with Jay Z, lets never talk of that again. And Re-animation is nothing to be proud of. So not counting Minutes To Midnight, they have two studio albums and a live album worth listening to.

Collision Course was awesome and very well done. The only bad track was Izzo/In The End which i hated.

Jigga What/ Faint was bloody brilliant, as was Lying From You vs. Dirt off your shoulder.

Im impressed. I was very worried by peoples comments but im really loving the new album!

@The Bard

On an unrelated note why do you dismiss the value of Vocals so quickly?

Not at all actually, music I listen to is mainly classical stuff driven by Harpsichord/ Piano and a lot of fully arranged pieces. I don't like linkin park because I don't think they write good music that actually has any depth or worth.

They are to music what Dan Brown is to literature: Trite, inane bollocks.

I don't dismiss the value of vocals, only when they don't serve any purpose that isn't wholly lyrical. Vocals should add to the musical aspect aswell.

Just because bard doesn't like LP, doesn't mean you have to go and diss his music taste. I love Linkin Park, but hey, not everyone does, so there's no need to fell offended when someone say's their shit. I mean, I know a lot of people who didn't like Hybrid Theory and meteora, and those are mainly the really musical people, but if you're just a casual listener of music and don't go into too much detail about it, chances are you'd like LP.

Also, Bard has awesome music taste. His signature says it all :)

Just because bard doesn't like LP, doesn't mean you have to go and diss his music taste.

erm, I might be missing something here but nobody has. Infact, I'd say Bard has done the most dissing here, albeit abstractly by calling linkin park "inane, trite bollocks"

They are to music what Dan Brown is to literature: Trite, inane bollocks.

I really have nothing against you - but what the ..... was that about?

Is it really necesary posting a load of threads slagging off a band? Its out of order.

Ok you don't like them thats completely fair, but enoughs enough.

*ahem*

On topic. I've listened to it more, i'd probably say i like Hybrid Theory/Meteora better, but as someone said before better to release something different than the same old stuff, theres a lot of bands that do it.

Just to illustrate my obsession with Linkin Park:

wmplist.jpg

All Linkin Park ever do is play the same stale riff consisting of about 4 notes throughout the whole song.

Surrender to the truth, park fans, they suck. They might've sounded ok to me in the past, and I will always remember some of their tracks, and they'll have value for that, but at least I know how to admit they're shit.

What's wrong with liking a shitty band???

I love Bring Me The Horizon, and I know they're shit. I just have no problem admitting it.

You need to start admitting, Linkin Park suck hard and there's nothing you can do about it...

wmplist.jpg

Lol, apart from queens of the stone age, Floyd and Muse(assuming you're not listening to Black Holes and Revelations, cos' that album sucks) you have one of the shittiest tastes in music I've ever seen!!!

I respect System Of A Down, but other than that... Fall Out Boy? Papa Roach? My Chemical Romance? Blink 182? Rasmus? No wonder you think Linkin Park are so great, all you listen to is shit!!!

They do what they do very well and have churned out 5 very listenable albums blending metal with hip-hop (sort of)?

You're insulting metal. In various ways... guitars guitars guitars??? You must be deaf, I can only say that.

And then comes the bomb... Linkin Park mix metal with hip-hop??? They take the worst approach ever taken on metal (nu-metal), consider it metal, and then blend it with crappy second rate hip-hop with 0 lyrical content. They're flying the flag for everything I hate: their music consists of cheap mellodies who get in your head for a day or two and become unbearable and forgettable in no time, and mix it with stupid second rate hip-hop sprinkles, all this wrapped up in teen angst charged lyrics that exploit the dumbness and credibility of today's youth. They are directly contributing to our mental decline. Can't you people look deeper and listen something with spirit?

If you want a light approach on metal listen to something like Coheed and Cambria or 3, at least those guys are doing things the way they should be done!!

The stupidity of the masses...it never ceases to amaze me! I mean, for christ's sake, Thriller is the best selling album of all time?????????? Not that it sucks that bad, but there's such better stuff out there, it makes me sick to look upon these facts.

And don't anyone dare calling me narrow minded, just for saying the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

I'm sorry for having high musical standards, but this kind of approach on musicality makes me want to kill myself. Why do people refuse to open their eyes and at least try to think outside the box, even if it's just for 5 minutes.

I guess I just believed that it was possible to actually make good music without resorting to gimmicks.

Sorry about the rant... it just annoys me, this kind of mainstream mentality is killing the music business.

Fuck... just a few weeks ago there was a thread about Avril Lavigne's new album. This is not the right way, damn it! How can someone seriously listen to that and actually enjoy it???????

And because my words always seem to fall short no matter how hard I try, I'll just use the words of a much more iluminated genius than mine... how the almighty Masami Akita (the great Merzbow) said when faced with criticism claiming that his music was nothing but noise (hence the term Noise music): "If by noise you mean uncomfortable sound, then pop music is noise to me."

I can't belive people over 12 listen to these.

It confuses me.

Muse(assuming you're not listening to Black Holes and Revelations, cos' that album sucks)[/b]

blasmephy!

And don't anyone dare calling me narrow minded, just for saying the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Its called your opinion, not absolute truth.

When will people cease to force their opinions on others, and instead let people enjoy what they want.

[still awaiting my cd from play.com :-\]

You need to start admitting, Linkin Park suck hard and there's nothing you can do about it...

Its all your OPINION. Opinion is not absolute. I think Linkin Park are good. Shoot me.

I'd rather be dead, than have people like you telling me what is good and what isn't.

Surrender to the truth, park fans, they suck. They might've sounded ok to me in the past, and I will always remember some of their tracks, and they'll have value for that, but at least I know how to admit they're shit.

What's wrong with liking a shitty band???

I love Bring Me The Horizon, and I know they're shit. I just have no problem admitting it.

Lol, apart from queens of the stone age, Floyd and Muse(assuming you're not listening to Black Holes and Revelations, cos' that album sucks) you have one of the shittiest tastes in music I've ever seen!!!

I respect System Of A Down, but other than that... Fall Out Boy? Papa Roach? My Chemical Romance? Blink 182? Rasmus? No wonder you think Linkin Park are so great, all you listen to is shit!!!

You're insulting metal. In various ways... guitars guitars guitars??? You must be deaf, I can only say that.

And then comes the bomb... Linkin Park mix metal with hip-hop??? They take the worst approach ever taken on metal (nu-metal), consider it metal, and then blend it with crappy second rate hip-hop with 0 lyrical content. They're flying the flag for everything I hate: their music consists of cheap mellodies who get in your head for a day or two and become unbearable and forgettable in no time, and mix it with stupid second rate hip-hop sprinkles, all this wrapped up in teen angst charged lyrics that exploit the dumbness and credibility of today's youth. They are directly contributing to our mental decline. Can't you people look deeper and listen something with spirit?

If you want a light approach on metal listen to something like Coheed and Cambria or 3, at least those guys are doing things the way they should be done!!

The stupidity of the masses...it never ceases to amaze me! I mean, for christ's sake, Thriller is the best selling album of all time?????????? Not that it sucks that bad, but there's such better stuff out there, it makes me sick to look upon these facts.

I'm sorry for having high musical standards, but this kind of approach on musicality makes me want to kill myself. Why do people refuse to open their eyes and at least try to think outside the box, even if it's just for 5 minutes.

I guess I just believed that it was possible to actually make good music without resorting to gimmicks.

Sorry about the rant... it just annoys me, this kind of mainstream mentality is killing the music business.

Fuck... just a few weeks ago there was a thread about Avril Lavigne's new album. This is not the right way, damn it! How can someone seriously listen to that and actually enjoy it???????

And because my words always seem to fall short no matter how hard I try, I'll just use the words of a much more iluminated genius than mine... how the almighty Masami Akita (the great Merzbow) said when faced with criticism claiming that his music was nothing but noise (hence the term Noise music): "If by noise you mean uncomfortable sound, then pop music is noise to me."

Why can you not just let people enjoy music that entertains them? Music doesn't have to be complex to be good.

Why is that people like you and The Bard will not accept that to many people music is about entertainment, or relating to the lyrics not how well the band can play their instruments and that everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

I use to like linkin park, but then they started pricking about with the way they record music. I mean, I remember reading an interview where they recorded a song then changed it so much, they couldn't figure how the fuck too play it live. I just can't stand 'produced' music.

listened to it bout 5 times now really gettin into now its a pretty decent album

forcing opinions of linkin park are shit isnt gunna make anyone change there mind on them

I use to like linkin park, but then they started pricking about with the way they record music. I mean, I remember reading an interview where they recorded a song then changed it so much, they couldn't figure how the fuck too play it live. I just can't stand 'produced' music.

no no. They recorded a song but decided not to include it on the album because basically it involved Mike Shinoda playing the guitar, organ and rapping all in quick succession. They were able to just make it in recordings but for a live performance...well, that would be too much.

Its all your OPINION. Opinion is not absolute. I think Linkin Park are good. Shoot me.

I'd rather be dead, than have people like you telling me what is good and what isn't.

Its called your opinion, not absolute truth.

When will people cease to force their opinions on others, and instead let people enjoy what they want.

[still awaiting my cd from play.com :-\]

Why can you not just let people enjoy music that entertains them? Music doesn't have to be complex to be good.

Why is that people like you and The Bard will not accept that to many people music is about entertainment, or relating to the lyrics not how well the band can play their instruments and that everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

Opinion is one thing... but there is such a thing as a fact. Linkin Park produce bad music. Period.

What annoys me is that you people can't admit it...

There are some bands wich I absolutely love that produce bad music (Bring Me The Horizon, Last Days Of Humanity, Autophagia... etc). And I AMDIT it, they SUCK! Why can't you people just admit it? When I liked Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and stuff, I knew they were shite, I just lived with it. What makes me go insane is seeing you can't deal with that truth!

Or are you one of those people who just don't grasp the notion of quality and accept everything you like as good?

And HARRIBO, don't get involved, you actually like some great stuff (I can recall you mentioning how great Fugazi are and me being the only one who stood with you). And I never said it had to be complex!! For christ's sake, I like Jedi Mind Tricks!

There is no such thing as bad music. Period.

As long as there is people who like it then no matter what anybody else thinks it is good to them and thats that.

Oxigen you can express you opinions but your not stating facts.