NEurope
Cube

Tomb Raider Anniversary

New Trailer

Just to point out all other versions of the game do not include any of the Tool kit game elements and I saw a few extra levels in there.

I like their attitude:

"With Wii we've actually been able to add more Tomb Raider into Tomb Raider" - Senior Producer, Morgan Gray

"The Wii is probably the definitive realization of Lara Croft so I'm really excited" - Senior Producer, Morgan Gray

That trailer has a few nice looking ideas in it, i am worried that all these little direct motion 'minigame' type puzzles might interfere with the flow of the game and cause annoying hold ups, i am liking it anyway but that is just a little concern!

I understand your worry, but I have to disagree. Now don't get me wrong, I love tomb raider, and Anniversary is one of my favourites, but there felt like something was missing. And I think this might fill that void. Anyone wondering how the main game itself plays, it's amazing.

Fair shout Razzi. Legend was fantastic and Anniversary just grabbed that template and applied it to the (best) original Tomb raider format. I'm really excited for this version as it seems that a HUGE IP is being improved on the Wii. Nevermind the 360 version. Would you prefer improved graphics or a more involved, innovative game? The ideas in this preview video maybe seemed a little gimmicky (almost Wario Ware), but in the context of Tomb Raider they actually fit. I'm hoping these new additions are as good as they can be and they aren't just a brief (minigame) add on.

I am amazed at how different it will feel to play - i was excited enough already but that trailor looks awesome! Been playing it on PS2 since its release but due to the PS2s shocking analogue sticks it has been driving me insane!!! It will be so much better on Wii.:bowdown:

This is one game im looking forward to ever since I thought NP gave it ten(which it didn't)

But still the graphics look good and it looks fun.

To be honest, that trailer has kind of let me down. The developer guy didn't seem too excited about the game, the Wii controls (although new content and looking solid) were predictable, and the graphics looked PS2-ishly colourless...

Still looking forward to it, but I thought this trailer was kind of meh.

Just been on gamesradar.com and they didn't seem too impressed with TRA. They said that the Wii version wasn't as 'full' as the other versions saying that it felt more like a showreel of all the best parts of the game. This has left me a little worried especially about the Wii not being as full - what does that mean? They also said the aiming now deems to have an auto-assisting feature that kids may like but adults will find boring. I hope they are wrong, because the only console gamesradar seem interested in these days is PS3. They have made quite a few sly comments about the Wii which just makes me mad. I should stop reading their site really. :shakehead

They said that the Wii version wasn't as 'full' as the other versions saying that it felt more like a showreel of all the best parts of the game.

Other places say it's the same, but with 3 hours of extra content.

Anyway, the only good articles on Gamesrader these days are the odd few they poach from NGamer, and other mags.

What are you talking about, those are last gen graphics.

Anyway, release date for this? I want it!

What are you talking about, those are last gen graphics.

Anyway, release date for this? I want it!

For the Wii.

You get shocked because the Wii can produce Gamecube graphics? Ok...

No, the quality of the graphics for the Wii so far has on the most part been PS2 stanard. It's nice too at least see a game that looks like late gamecube game.

How does it look beyond PS2?! You get excited for nothing, at least wait for high-res video, there's no judging from this. All we can see now is that the colour palette looks PS2ishly grey and there's not much shading going on.

Some of you seriously underestimate the PS2 if you call this 'better than PS2 could'.

How does it look beyond PS2?! You get excited for nothing, at least wait for high-res video, there's no judging from this. All we can see now is that the colour palette looks PS2ishly grey and there's not much shading going on.

Some of you seriously underestimate the PS2 if you call this 'better than PS2 could'.

I swear the flashlight trailer looks better than a PS2 game.

But yeh ..., something better would be great.

I swear the flashlight trailer looks better than a PS2 game.
PS2 should be able to do that alright, and I'm pretty sure games have done it. It's hard to find a screen though.

The graphics aren't bad but In fairness all this game needed was a bit of bloom. Would look a lot better in fairness.

No, the quality of the graphics for the Wii so far has on the most part been PS2 stanard. It's nice too at least see a game that looks like late gamecube game.

Pretty much what I think.

The Wii version uses assets from the graphically superior PC version. It is beyond what the PS2 can do, or else they would have just used the PC stuff in the PS2 version.

Actually, the US one is much nicer, except that Lara is holding a Wii controller.... If it weren't for that, I prefer its minimalist style. The Euro one is too busy.