NEurope
DCK

The Official 2006-2007 Exams Thread

It quite clearly says STATS. Noob :D

:shakehead Whoops.. Stress of the exams you see:heh:

Btw which exam bord Geo did you do? I had mine today AQA.

Had my non calculator maths exam today. It was not as hard as i thought it would be. A least C maybe a B. :D

:shakehead Whoops.. Stress of the exams you see:heh:

Btw which exam bord Geo did you do? I had mine today AQA.

AQA here too buddy.

Graphics (Commen sense) and english tomorrow. Now i get double the worry.

Anyway my maths test today went semi well, i thought i did shit on the first paper (Non calculator) but i thought i did ok on the second.

Holy Shiii-

I fell over reading that.

Maths non-calc and Geography out of the way now. Maths went pretty well I'd guess but it is hard to tell. I mistimed Geography, missed out 2 questions and a case study (about 12/90 marks) so thats probably my A* gone, what I did was good though, just missed a lot of the paper.

Damn you Coolness Bears for getting extra time, I needed it. Life is not fair.

It quite clearly says STATS. Noob :D

AQA here too buddy.

Did you fo 3 questions and the map question? I did that and had a good 30mins spare to draw my wii etc:yay:

Did you fo 3 questions and the map question? I did that and had a good 30mins spare to draw my wii etc:yay:

did you do the exam with that case study at the end of brazil and developing the coast? it was meant to be an hour and a half. I finished and checked it twice in 20 mins, A her I come...(hopefully! I just have always found it incredibly easy)

God i've got stats tomorrow. So not looking forward to it (i mean god im KNOW im going to do awful). And im not retaking C1 till jan so not gonna get a grade maths AS grade on my UCAS *sigh*

Although, that said im ok with it because getting chickenpox kinda fucked up my chances of getting into medschool this year.

did you do the exam with that case study at the end of brazil and developing the coast? it was meant to be an hour and a half. I finished and checked it twice in 20 mins, A her I come...(hopefully! I just have always found it incredibly easy)

1hr 45mins 6 questions of which you had to do 3 and the map skills. I have a paper next week on monday 1hr 30mins where 6 questions again but only do 3 (I will do population managing resources and industry).

Today I did ecosystems, tectonics and coasts. Was quite easy I thought.

LAST FRENCH EXAM TOMORROW

BRING IT ON

You must be extremely excited that you won't have to do french again!!! as for me tommorrow i have English language, i'm confident that i'll do well.

A final extra special Good Luck to Magic Buttons and everyone with exams tommorrow. :D

I publically screamed when I got to the end of a geography question and realised I knew nothing about an area of high population density for the case study, so I made up some crap about Rio De Janiero.

1hr 45mins 6 questions of which you had to do 3 and the map skills. I have a paper next week on monday 1hr 30mins where 6 questions again but only do 3 (I will do population managing resources and industry).

Today I did ecosystems, tectonics and coasts. Was quite easy I thought.

oh I did a different one then, are you doing AQA HIGHER, thats the one i'm doing. Yup, another next week aswell.

I'm so happy, The english exam I missed was the one with poems by seamus heaney/clarke and KES (book). Yes!!!!!

I publically screamed when I got to the end of a geography question and realised I knew nothing about an area of high population density for the case study, so I made up some crap about Rio De Janiero.

I don't know why, but I did Ghana. I don't think it's even densely populated.

*is distressed* :shakehead

This is true. Though they can lead to problems, for example:

1. Buy a TI-84+ calculator.
  2. Write a program on it to solve quadratic equations for you.
  3. Realise that the memory gets wiped before exams.
  4. Give up and solve them like normal people.

Get a Ti92+/Voyage 200, let them wipe your memory - the software to solve quadratic equotations is built-in :yay:

OR do it without a calculator - just remember those 2 easy formulas (when x^2 vs. a * x^2) and you are done :)

I don't know why, but I did Ghana. I don't think it's even densely populated.

Just be glad you didn't do Mongolia - it's the least densely populated country on the planet.

Get a Ti92+/Voyage 200, let them wipe your memory - the software to solve quadratic equotations is built-in :yay:

OR do it without a calculator - just remember those 2 easy formulas (when x^2 vs. a * x^2) and you are done :)

The irony is that if you can write a program to solve quadratics, you can solve them yourself anyway. (this being further maths A2, the formula was fairly burnt into my skull, along with how to derive it)

oh I did a different one then, are you doing AQA HIGHER, thats the one i'm doing. Yup, another next week aswell.

I'm so happy, The english exam I missed was the one with poems by seamus heaney/clarke and KES (book). Yes!!!!!

Yeah higher. Strange that its different exam. I had a question on ecosystems and desitification 'give a case study' ....

Made it up and used Savana...

Over here, they're not allowed to touch our calculators, and the teachers even advise us to put "memory helpers" in it.

First Exam tomorrow, total revision time spent = 1 hour..

:-\ Java, shouldn't be too tough, right?

Who wants to teach me a years worth of AS level maths in a couple of hours?

Just be glad you didn't do Mongolia - it's the least densely populated country on the planet.

LOL.

I just thought of the first LEDC that came into my head.

Just had english media and writing to persuade, argue and advise.

I did ok on the media section, questions about a BBC news article on smoking from waaaay back in 2000 and a carphone warehouse advert from 2005.

I had alot to say about how you shouldn't start smoking and i mean alot. and i used all the persuasive devices too. yay me.

Biology tommorow.....anyone else doing OCR Science Double Award??

Ugh S1 exam in an hour. I have to set off to college now.

Blooy exams.

Just had english media and writing to persuade, argue and advise.

I did ok on the media section, questions about a BBC news article on smoking from waaaay back in 2000 and a carphone warehouse advert from 2005.

I had alot to say about how you shouldn't start smoking and i mean alot. and i used all the persuasive devices too. yay me.

Biology tommorow.....anyone else doing OCR Science Double Award??

Nope but Sci Edexcel here tomorrow. Will be my worst exam. mehhh

Just done Eng paper one. Not bad but ran out of time so my story based on resident evil 2 was cut short:(