NEurope
DCK

The Official 2006-2007 Exams Thread

In my case, anyway, its non calculator tommorow so trig won't come up so you have an extra week to learn it.

Anyway, I'm prepared for what tommorow will give me so Halo time then an early night:yay: Although, 1up Yours may extend that early night somewhat.

Non calc? :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thats maybe saved my grade a little lol..but still cumulative frequency things are incredibly annoying/confusing.

Non calc? :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thats maybe saved my grade a little lol..but still cumulative frequency things are incredibly annoying/confusing.

At least you know what your strengths and weaknesses are in Maths, which is always a good thing. I have no idea unfortunately.....the things I get wrong seem to be random :heh:

Add. maths is one of my best subjects and normal maths one of my worst: I'm scared I'll go in tomorrow and do the norm of making stuuuupid mistake after stuuuupid mistake :shakehead

I'm now fairly confident with D1, although the simplex method is still a bitch. Hopefully we won't have to use it, just know what all the stuff in the tableaux mean.

I'm really good at maths normally, I do additional maths, but somehow I am really bad at non calculator.

Last week I forgot what 7 times 8 was lol.

I'm really good at maths normally, I do additional maths, but somehow I am really bad at non calculator.

Last week I forgot what 7 times 8 was lol.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I do the same thing, just forget random crap for no reason.

I am terrible at arithmetic, and always do worse on non-calculator papers. I don't even know my tables.

I love using calculators, they store my thoughts. I can think solely about the method, rather than having to remember that 2 x 3 is not 5 :heh: It's not like at this level, you need to be tested on your basic arithmetic skills.

This week is a bitch for me:

Wednesday - Maths core 2

Thursday - Chemistry

Friday - Astrophysics, thermal physics, mechanics, electricity, and radioactivity :eek:

This is true. Though they can lead to problems, for example:

1. Buy a TI-84+ calculator.
  2. Write a program on it to solve quadratic equations for you.
  3. Realise that the memory gets wiped before exams.
  4. Give up and solve them like normal people.

Just got back from my Geography exam..its was the easiest exam I've ever done, I finished it in half hour (meant to be 1 and a half) and had checked over it 3 times.

Wow if the other ones that easy I should do awesomely well.

Agh! I really cannot be arsed to revise for chemistry. I'm gonna fuck it up anyway. Heck, I already have...

I fucked up my January exam, and I only got a C on the open book paper and the coursework...

French exam 2morrow, reading and writting paper. its a re-take from last year i was 3 marks away from a B, teacher said might aswell re-take it and boost ur grade.

Agh! I really cannot be arsed to revise for chemistry. I'm gonna fuck it up anyway. Heck, I already have...

I fucked up my January exam, and I only got a C on the open book paper and the coursework...

A C's not that bad, tis' average...at least its not a E or something!

A C's not that bad, tis' average...at least its not a E or something!

I only got a D in the January exam, and this exam is going to be my worst, so a C is the best I can hope for...:(

Oh yeah, you're doing Salters... which module are you revising for?

Oh yeah, you're doing Salters... which module are you revising for?

The One That Isn't Elements For Life.

(in other words, I have no idea what it's real name is...)

I might as well try, and I'll at least revise after my maths exam (maths, as with physics, which are both this week, take priority). A friend has just pointed out it's worth it if only for the UCAS points, so I might as well give it a good shot.

Really angry with myself. Planned to do maths A level and further maths at 6th form. Just had first maths exam which everyone found and easy and I know I have done not to good. There a several big mark questions which I now know I have wrong.

God maths is my strongest subject and the only GCSE I really need:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Really angry with myself. Planned to do maths A level and further maths at 6th form. Just had first maths exam which everyone found and easy and I know I have done not to good. There a several big mark questions which I now know I have wrong.

God maths is my strongest subject and the only GCSE I really need:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

you can make it up in the calculator paper, thats what i'm going to do (well, need to do).

Exams really do suck, its not a test of what we know, its a test on who's having a good day or not.

you can make it up in the calculator paper, thats what i'm going to do (well, need to do).

Exams really do suck, its not a test of what we know, its a test on who's having a good day or not.

Yeah really going to have to. It was the way they worded the questions that got me. I knew the maths but didnt know what it bloody wanted me to do and tried to solve things the wrong way and ended in a big mess:shakehead

Yeah really going to have to. It was the way they worded the questions that got me. I knew the maths but didnt know what it bloody wanted me to do and tried to solve things the wrong way and ended in a big mess:shakehead

Yup, I got very pissed off at a simultaneous equation. I am usually fine with them but this time i sat their and just thought "fuck this i can't be arsed". GCSE's are pointless unlike A-levels which are actually useful (kind of)

I got all the stuff i'm bad at right, i think and all the stuff i'm good at wrong. :wtf:

I wouldn't worry too much... maths A level is pretty much a different subject to GCSE maths, further maths even more so. GCSE maths is... strange, especially the non-calculator papers, and I don't think ability at non-calculator GCSE maths has much to do with ability at A level maths.

I have no idea where to start revising.

I think I have my stats exam tommorow, all of my notes are messed up soley because I just didn't oganise them because I couldnt be bothered.

Yeah I need to get a B to take normal A level maths and a A/A* for further maths.

Hopefully I will fly through the calc maths exam.

I have no idea where to start revising.

I think I have my stats exam tommorow, all of my notes are messed up soley because I just didn't oganise them because I couldnt be bothered.

SATS? Year 9 ones? I can rember doing these and tbh they actualy have very little effect on your more so on the school.

This week is a bitch for me:

Wednesday - Maths core 2

Thursday - Chemistry

Friday - Astrophysics, thermal physics, mechanics, electricity, and radioactivity :eek:

Holy Shiii-

I fell over reading that.

Maths non-calc and Geography out of the way now. Maths went pretty well I'd guess but it is hard to tell. I mistimed Geography, missed out 2 questions and a case study (about 12/90 marks) so thats probably my A* gone, what I did was good though, just missed a lot of the paper.

Damn you Coolness Bears for getting extra time, I needed it. Life is not fair.

Yeah I need to get a B to take normal A level maths and a A/A* for further maths.

Hopefully I will fly through the calc maths exam.

SATS? Year 9 ones? I can rember doing these and tbh they actualy have very little effect on your more so on the school.

It quite clearly says STATS. Noob :D