NEurope
DCK

The Official 2006-2007 Exams Thread

My last exam is in about an hours time. Fucking shitting it to be honest, but I can't wait until it's over. It will be a sweet, sweet feeling when I walk out of that exam room today :D

My last exam is in about an hours time. Fucking shitting it to be honest, but I can't wait until it's over. It will be a sweet, sweet feeling when I walk out of that exam room today :D

It's my last one too!!! Can't wait till relax in like 6 hours time! ^_^

Well good luck people!

I still have a bit over three weeks to go till school is over; three exams to study for. I'll be oh so very happy when it's all over. ='D

Also, anyone know if there's like, an online version of Sartre's Nausea anywhere? Need to read it for my Literature exam and it's not in the library anymore. =/

Ach i hate GCSEs! have this week off but have 6 next week and have already done art, maths (IGCSE) English Lit, RE and P.E and french speaking. I'm sick of it already...

Good luck to evreyone with exams

Gonna be spending the rest of today going through Biology Past Papers. I know most of the theory so I guess i just gotta get a feel of what the questions are like.

Its annoying how I have this week off, the Biology, Maths and Chemistry in consecutive days. Biology is gonna take a while aswell cos i'm resitting foundation.

Past papers are everything.. if anything, they are the best revision material you can have.. you know what to gear up for! My last exam was for 'Introduction to Computer Games' and I thought I could apply a lot of my knowledge in the exam and be able to pass ok.. but there was no past paper to be found for it. therefore, when I went in for the exam I was shocked at the difficulty of the questions asked and the fact that I couldn't apply anything relevant.

It was so difficult I felt, even though I revised and read through all the notes. It was a disaster!

Past papers FTW : peace:

And good luck everyone! My wee magicbuttons is in an exam at the moment pouring all her french knowledge onto her answer booklet.. hope she's doing the business :smile:

Past papers are everything.. if anything, they are the best revision material you can have.. you know what to gear up for!

It was so difficult I felt, even though I revised and read through all the notes. It was a disaster!

Past papers FTW : peace:

And good luck everyone! My wee magicbuttons is in an exam at the moment pouring all her french knowledge onto her answer booklet.. hope she's doing the business :smile:

Past papers FTW!... im getting loads for my home ec resits.. and its how im learning my exam tomorrow for music

hope all the people that had exams today did briliantly. - i didnt!

My last exam was for 'Introduction to Computer Games' and I thought I could apply a lot of my knowledge in the exam and be able to pass ok.. but there was no past paper to be found for it. therefore, when I went in for the exam I was shocked at the difficulty of the questions asked and the fact that I couldn't apply anything relevant.

explain? u never told me that:o

i have mine monday tuesday wednesday and thursday of the week after next.

but i'm one of the smarter people and i'm not as woried about them as most

We never get any interesting courses/subjects.

My schools so unfashioned and boring. I'm like a crazed bohemian.

AGH! I hate chemistry. Never understood it syndrome.

Actually that's a lie. I know the pH scale thing, and the recycling/environment questions.

Wo0t. Prelims starting Monday.

Inorganic and Organic I can do fine. Physical and maths are a nightmare. I learnt on Monday that I have to know quite a bit of quantum. Which made me shit myself a little. Whoops.

Last exam today for me too :smile: After Physics it'll all be over! No more school forever... University does NOT count

Sorry to hear it Takeo :sad:

So I suppose I ought to start revision for my exams in late June.

I have a few textbooks to learn...

Maths test tomorrow, i havn't revised very much but what i have looked at there isn't much i don't know... I'm still scared though.

Maths test tomorrow, i havn't revised very much but what i have looked at there isn't much i don't know... I'm still scared though.

Got maths and Geography tomorrow. Maths should be ok but i don't understand surds. Can anyone point me in a helpful direction?

Just remember that surds can be spilt up into smaller surds eg √12 = √3 x √4 and so you can simplify the surd by finding a factor that is a square number. So if you had √640 you can clearly see that a factor of 640 is 64 and so it splits up into √64 x √10 = 8√10.

Been doing some hardcore revision today, since I have four exams in four days :(

Just remember that surds can be spilt up into smaller surds eg √12 = √3 x √4 and so you can simplify the surd by finding a factor that is a square number. So if you had √640 you can clearly see that a factor of 640 is 64 and so it splits up into √64 x √10 = 8√10.

Been doing some hardcore revision today, since I have four exams in four days :(

Cheers I have 5 in four days or 7 if I count all the sepearate sci exams as one:heh: .

What happens with + - and / . Tried the bitesize section but it didnt seem to make any sense.

Also when you want to rationalise a denominator where the denominator is a surd, you have you multiply the fraction by 1, or the surd which is the denominator over itself.

Ie. to rationalise 3/(square root of 5) you would multiply that by (square root of 5)/(square root of 5). Then that would simplfy to 3(square root of 5)/5.

Lol I wish I knew where the square root symbol was on my keyboard.

Well if you have addition of surds then the question probably wants you to write it as one surd. Something like √12 + √27 which you would make 2√3 + 3√3 = 5√3. For division, it probably wants you to rationalise the denominator. Something like 2/√3 you would multiply the top and bottom by √3 to get 2√3/3.

I have loads of exams this week (6 exams, not including the separate sciences) so i'm going to be stressed pretty bad by the end of it. Although the good news is, once this week is over i only have 4 exams left yay.

I don't get that proportional change thing, x is proportional to inverse y or something. Everything else i'm pretty fine on.

Dear god, i've got 3 bio exams tomorrow (practically my entire As Course basically), and i've been doing past papers and my marks tend to basically either JUST get an A or just miss it.

Getting Chickenpox has really fucked up my revision :( I was feeling really ill until like wednesday and so i've been 4 days behind in terms of revision. I still haven't even started going over my chemistry and that's on wednesday.

GRAH chickenpox sucks ass! Can't believe how unlucky I've been :(

Two hour maths exam tommorrow. Fun!!!

I also have 6 other exams this week, it will be hard but at least i've done my revision.

I am so bad at maths i hope i get a C but i'm aiming for a B.

Maths exams on Tuesday and Thursday...ah well.

If x is directly proportional to y:

x = kx

If x is directly proportional to the square of y:

x = ky^2

If x is inversely proportional to y:

x = k/y

If x is inversely proportional to the square of y:

x = k/y^2

You get the idea. In each case, find k.