NEurope
Emasher

General Gallery

That looks cool Ashley. Be sure to post the animation here when it is done! =)

Eenuh is that on your redbubble? I'll buy some of those!

It is: http://www.redbubble.com/people/eenuh/works/9616721-winter-robin

Though I will hopefully be getting it printed at Moo.com as well so I can sell it in my own online shop (people at home have been asking for new cards). But I'd like to at least get one or two more card designs done before I get stuff printed... just need to find the inspiration. =P

What about using Christmas as your inspiration ?

I'll hold off to see what your other designs are like and maybe get a few of those as well

Thrown together a quick pass of a scene layout:

A8F0BBzCMAEFQeQ.png:large

Textures and what not are rough, just trying to figure out the logistics at the moment. First time I've done a full animation in AE and trying to figure out pre-compositions and pre-compositions within pre-compositions etc.

Edited by Ashley

That looks cool Ashley. Be sure to post the animation here when it is done! =)

It is: http://www.redbubble.com/people/eenuh/works/9616721-winter-robin

Though I will hopefully be getting it printed at Moo.com as well so I can sell it in my own online shop (people at home have been asking for new cards). But I'd like to at least get one or two more card designs done before I get stuff printed... just need to find the inspiration. =P

What is the difference between 100 x 150 and 125 x 190? Which is the normal size of a Christmas card?

I went with the 100 x 150 anyway and bought 8 - including one of the Bernese for my dad's birthday card.

Edited by Ellmeister

What is the difference between 100 x 150 and 125 x 190? Which is the normal size of a Christmas card?

I went with the 100 x 150 anyway and bought 8 - including one of the Bernese for my dad's birthday card.

Ooh thank you, I wondered who had bought 8 cards (especially one of my dog haha). =D

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, don't get to spend much time on here/online anymore.

I managed to get two more card designs done, though one is a bit meh (snowman). Jim likes the reindeer. I think the robin is still my favourite personally. =)

flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg

Wow Eenuh. Those cards are amazing. If I had any money to speak of I would be all over that shit.

100x150 is about the same as an A6 piece of paper (a quarter of an A4 piece/half of A5).

It was probably this site where I found out about the Hawkeye Initiative, but anyway, here's my contribution, and the original by Rob Liefeld, infamous for his foul drawings-

HAWKEYES.jpg

tumblr_lzxcciUiLn1r34y4ho1_500.jpg

Oh yeah that's my joke.

I'm decent-reasonably good I suppose, mainly with life drawing (as in hours spent drawing someone in front of me), rather than from my head, but yeah. What I *hate* is that I don't have a style...I envy people with a style. Though my friend who has a defined style said she wished she could draw more like me, which made no sense to me.

My 'head' drawings are all distorted versions of people...I only ever draw people strangely proportioned and kinda scary. I might scan some before xmas.

I drew Superman yesterday.

8321169547_3ff77bbda4_b.jpg

Also attempted to colour it a bit and then gave up.

That's taken from a Jim Lee drawing. I'm doing a drawing of Black Adam now which won't be based on anything, I hate how these normally turn out shit but I'm going to take my time. So far I'm pretty pleased I just can't find the right brush to ink it with (in ProCreate with the iPad).

Edit:

tumblr_mfuomgi0ST1qgctyzo1_1280.jpg

Okay, so I kept the re-design of Black Adam's costume I drew but realised it wasn't going so well so I just thieved this whole style from Darwyn Cooke. I'm lying to myself that if I keep on copying people's work I'll eventually get better. I did however realise that I pick utter non-poses when I sketch stuff which is causing a whole load of issues so I'm going to start drawing things other than head-on. Slow clap for moi.

EDIT EDIT:

Okay so I did this t'other day, and I'm pretty pleased. Again, I based it on a panel in JL #15 but still, whatevs.

trinity_by_theextincthitchhiker-d5q0zlh.jpg

BUT THEN!!!! This morning I did this just off the top of my head so maybe this whole copying theory has something to it. I present THE FLASH.

the_flash_by_theextincthitchhiker-d5q0zs1.jpg

I'm pleased. It's not the best thing ever but it's an improvement so yay.

Also, I set up a deviantART page if anyone wants to connect or whatever/however it works. http://theextincthitchhiker.deviantart.com/

Edited by Daft

There's so much good stuff on here. I need to remember to check more often, for now I've just thanked stuff!

Here's something I scribbled on the train yesterday:

540816_10152369522725144_1632061864_n.jpg

Dan concentrating on his Nexus...

That's awesome. You made Dan look pretty. Seriously though, I redraw faces a billion times before I'm happy. You nailed it.

I started sketching and then when I coloured it I went all Adventure Time on it and added my sister's amazing cat who I love Hobbes.

gpoy_adventure_time_by_theextincthitchhiker-d5qmgx0.jpg

It's probably the best thing I've ever done. Don't know if I should be happy about that. :heh:

It looks really good, so you have all reason to be happy about it. =)

Emma, love your drawing too. Drawing with markers/pens is not easy! I am not very good with it as I like using my eraser too much. =P

I feel like I should sketch/scribble a bit more though, so maybe I should start using pen and markers a bit. Lately I seem to have become too afraid to draw for some reason and I need to get over it again! =)

Ooooo, question how did you get that lovely water colour-y brush stroke like texture one Gandalf?

Also, he reminds me of...

tumblr_mf94b48HCL1qiemkoo1_r1_500.gif

I started sketching and then when I coloured it I went all Adventure Time on it and added my sister's amazing cat who I love Hobbes.

gpoy_adventure_time_by_theextincthitchhiker-d5qmgx0.jpg

It's probably the best thing I've ever done. Don't know if I should be happy about that. :heh:

Great stuff, you've gone all Cole! #Infamous

LOVE your Superhero PopArt too!

Haha! Just need to buzz my head.

Thanks very much, it's very appreciated.

I might draw Green Arrow next since Lemire is taking over his comic next month so it'll be amazing...although I'll probably end up drawing something completely different as usual. :heh:

Very simply... I painted a texture on paper and then scanned it in (you can also get textures on google but you don't always get the rights) and then put it on the top layer and make it an "Overlay" layer.

Awesome, I'm going to mess around trying that. Thank youuuu!! (I'd 'Thank' thank you but I'm out of 'Thanks'.)