NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 Beta Thread

I'm liking this alot. I've used the sniper a couple of times and it will take a bit of getting used to. The best bit so far was when I got 2 people man cannoning :D

The graphics are a bit rubbish, but it's polished to nigh-on-perfection in the gameplay department. Unfortunately, Microsoft still aren't handing out bans to under 18 year olds living in America, but playing this with good friends should be sweet.

I agree, playing with friends is great, just played a few games with nintenchris and BigBeastMan, and some of hi mates, that cyberfairy and another

Really fun but it feels the same as the little amount of Halo 2 I played.

I didnt realise other people were going to wait up for it! Argh! I got bored and went to bed 1/2 hour before the bloody thing launched!

Ah well, downloading now. Will be on about 4

Canny game just then Stefkov, couldn't quite get me heed round it cos I've hardly played any of the Halo games before. Learned quite quickly that rushing at people firing widly and going AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHDIEDIEDIE and then stotting them one with the butt of your gun was the best tactic. Was never quite sure when we started a game if I had any team mates or if it was just a freeforall either :D

Didn't talk much either because I've been at work since 5am and feel like my brain is going to seep out of my nose.

Wow, I have to say it is incredble.

I've been playing on split-screen, I just got home now and my sister was on single player and it looks so much better. On split screen you can't see the scores or the radar properly. I really want an HDTV now.

is it possible for us to arrange Halo 3 tonight to celebrate? (and forget about gears)

Holy poo! I never really got into Halo 2 but the Beta was pretty awesome! I can definitly see my time being spent on this!!

It was a bit annoying cos the people on my team dropped out straight away and so for the whole match it was 4 vs 2...We lost 19 - 28, which is pretty effing impressive! The person I was playing with was effing awesome!!

Fuck me, this rules!

I reckon This does look better than Halo 2, a bit.

ALso, i'm actually playing real good, exp from Halo 2 on my mate's 180.

My first Halo 3 kill was a double kill, i was happy with that :D followed it up with a beat down, now called assassination . .

How do you change your icon and colour?

Or can't you?

Profile (start) on the main menu

Apperance

Its all under there :)

I wish people who joined my games wouldn't leave :(

My first Halo 3 kill was a double kill, i was happy with that :D followed it up with a beat down, now called assassination . .

When I beat people down it usually says beat down, but I've seen assassination as well. Usually seems to be when you get someone from behind but it could be something like killing you without taking any damage.

What's the deal with the voicechat? Playing a teamgame it seemed like you could hear teammates when they were standing next to you thru the speakers, but to speak to everyone through the headset you had to press a button, is that right? Is there a guide anywhere to the controls or the weapons anywhere? Found myself running around with a big shotgun type thing and was rather shocked when I fired it at someone at point blank range and it sadly turned out to be a rocket launcher.

Man this game is awesome! I knew Bungie wouldn't let us down. Getting a kill with the laz0r is tricky but very rewarding when you take out a full warthog!

An assasination is when you beat someone down from behind - they die in one hit. It was like that in Halo 2 too.

What's the deal with the voicechat? Playing a teamgame it seemed like you could hear teammates when they were standing next to you thru the speakers, but to speak to everyone through the headset you had to press a button, is that right?

In Halo 2, there was a thing called "proximity chat" which came out of your TV speakers. It was when you spoke, without pressing any buttons, and anyone around you could hear you. If you pressed the talk buttton your whole team could here you, along with anyone who was in close proximity (people who are on your radar).

In Halo 3 it works the same apart from the other team in ranked matches can never hear what you say.

Wow, I love the way it shows off all your stats and games played on Bungie's site.

Played a lot today with my friends, (5 deaths and switch)

So awesome. I never played Halo 2 online and this is a new experience to me, and a incredible one to boot.

I just had a match and it so damn close. It ended with me getting 25 kills and the two guys below me getting 24. They were French. My country is proud of me.

As for graphics, definate step up from Halo 2, just not the humungous improvement people expect from a console pushing game. It looks nice and clean just not wow inducing.

Canny game just then Stefkov, couldn't quite get me heed round it cos I've hardly played any of the Halo games before. Learned quite quickly that rushing at people firing widly and going AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHDIEDIEDIE and then stotting them one with the butt of your gun was the best tactic. Was never quite sure when we started a game if I had any team mates or if it was just a freeforall either :D

Didn't talk much either because I've been at work since 5am and feel like my brain is going to seep out of my nose.

aaahhh you're C Phaxx...

Takeo, I'd join in tonight for a little match or two.

aaahhh you're C Phaxx...

Takeo, I'd join in tonight for a little match or two.

come on, a) is it possible to do party groupings in this-do you just set the thingy to private? b) who wants to play with some N-E peeps?

So, Halo 3 at 9? Im gonna be palying CnC3 till then probably, and i have geog homework.

Though i imagine some of you will always be online for a game.

So, Halo 3 at 9? Im gonna be palying CnC3 till then probably, and i have geog homework.

Though i imagine some of you will always be online for a game.

9.30 sounds good-er to me :D

come on, a) is it possible to do party groupings in this-do you just set the thingy to private? b) who wants to play with some N-E peeps?

I will later, I've got to do some revision for my exam tomorrow though.

Sign in to follow this