NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 Beta Thread

With the release of the beta in a few days ( yay ) I figured we might aswell keep our discussions about the matches and new features etc in the one thread. So post away people!!

A guy on the Xbox Forums has posted about some of the new levels, weapons and match types and here it is!

Weapons

Spiker - A really good weapon, feels solid when Dual Wielding. Very well balance

Sniper - Urgh. This time around, I pretty much don't want to pick up the sniper. It fires so slowly. On H1 and 2 it's like BAM BAM BAM BAM and on this it's like BAM BAM BAM BAM. Yeah. It fires twice as slowly. Yuck. Although it gives a very realistic sound the closre a bullet get's to you as it whizzes by your head.

Brute Shot - Ahhh, loving the Brute Shot at the moment, once again feels solid and well balanced. The 6 clip size make it worthy of being picked up in a match. Has very nice visuals when exploding.

Battle Rifle - Very nice, but ever so lsightly less accurate, but very noticeable to experienced H2 players. Doesn't kill in 4 headshots.

Assualt Rifle - Not as good as Frankie made it out to be. I'd rather be holding a BR personally, but it's still pretty versatile. I say move the clip size back up to 60 or at least 48 then we're talking. Sounds horrible aswell, sounds worse than the SMG in Halo 2.

Chaingun - WEIRD. When you rip this baby off a turret stand you go into 3rd person view (like GOW) except more to the side and less over the shoulder than GOW. You move slower aswell but it kills like a beast.

This.. kind of rocket launcher thing.. - has 8 shots, moves you into 3rd person like the chaingun, fires slowly then the rocket's get faster as they travel. Never really killed anyone with it...

SPNK Rocket Launcher - No more lock on! Yaaay! Still has 2 shots in chamber,

Needler - This time, they got it perfect. Fires like Halo 1, but more powerful, only just though.

SMG - Oh man, put this with a spiker and you got yourself a killing spree opportunity. Very good this time around.

Carbine - Very good, but innacurate when you get about 40 metres away from target, looks awesome though, the shots it fires are like the rail gun shots from Quake 2, except green and not as fancy pants.

Spartan Laser - Once you get it you will never want to die, it's so satisfying following someone with a small laser sight then firing a huge one at them. Brilliant.

Plasma Pistol - Tracking's toned down, apparantly if you hit a vehicle fleeing from you it disables them. Never tried it, only got to play Valhalla twice.

Plasma Rifle - Same as Halo 2 really, should get that freezing feature back in though, tone it down a bit.

Maps

Snowbound - Man, this map must be loved by Bungie, it always comes up in Matchmaking. 70% of the time It's a good map, but i'm kinda tired of it.

Valhalla - Awesome. Only way to describe it.

High Ground - Imagine Zanzibar but 100% better. It's brilliant, me and Grev have already devised a Portable Grav Life tactic.

Vehicles

Ghost - Good, good, and good again. it's the same speed, but when you splatter someone it has such an awesome sound, no way to describe it, it's like a thunk and a squish at the same time. Great Visuals

Hog - Slower, but stronger. You don't need to lead the turret so much now.

Mongoose - Weeeee! It's ace, but you get killed so easily on it. Not a v. good retrat vehicle TBH.

Nades and Equipment.

Spike grenade - Really hard to get kills with, you have to line it up perfectly, but it makes a great thunk sound when you stick them, but it's harder to stick em with that then with a plasma.

Plasma Grenade - Has a nice charge up sound prior to detonation, still the same specs as the H2 version. Much prettier

Frag - Looks better

Character Detail

Lighting and textures The textures are top notch.

UI, menus, controls and HUD. All great, once you get used to the R-bumper it just flows from there, not having to take you're thumb off the tumbstick to reload and stuff is a godsend. Nice one Bungie. All the menu and UI stuff is great aswell

Damn, this is released just before the worst week of exams...

I really, really, really need to go out an find a version of Crackdown with the beta...

Ooh! I just remembered, my parents owe me money!

:)

I'll pop along to Argos and see what if they have it in stock still...

Argh! I really need this game!

Why do they have the beta slap bang in the middle of my exams!

any one know if the beta has 4player local support?

I'm pretty sure I read on teamxbox it had split screen multiplay of some variant.

EDIT: A quick google reveals sauce

Worst timing ever. Only 3 weeks and during everyones exams, including my GCSEs.:(

I'm in via Crackdown but I won't be able to play much, if at all.:( :(

Plus I suck at Halo. I'm good with grenades but I can't use guns. Which is completely useless.

Wooo! The beta comes the day after my last exam.

Anyone know if clan support is in the beta?

I hope you all realise your gonna get raped by me yeah?

I may suck at GoW... That's because I'm immense at Halo. :heh:

Watch this space.

any one know if the beta has 4player local support?

I'm sure I read on Bungie that you can only have 2 players when doing matchmaking.. It may be different when doing customs though.

You do know if u have made a bungie.net account that bungie have sent 10,000 random PM to accounts and if u have one it has a code in it to redeem of the marketplace and get halo 3 beta early, this happend yesterday...... all my friends got one except me :( GO CHECK NOW!

Some people may be moaning about how the graphics aren't mindblowing - that doesn't bother me though as clearly the multiplayer graphics have been optimized to provide much smoother, whilst more frantic, gameplay.

... Just 3 days, 20 hrs, 25 mins, and 33 secs to go...

Some people may be moaning about how the graphics aren't mindblowing - that doesn't bother me though as clearly the multiplayer graphics have been optimized to provide much smoother, whilst more frantic, gameplay.

... Just 3 days, 20 hrs, 25 mins, and 33 secs to go...

I think thats total bull.

For the last game in the series, quite possible that this will be the best game ever. There shouldnt be one thing that isnt mind blowing.

I think thats total bull.

For the last game in the series, quite possible that this will be the best game ever. There shouldnt be one thing that isnt mind blowing.

few people play multiplayer games purely for the graphic quality, but I'm sure the single player will look awesome throughout

You do know if u have made a bungie.net account that bungie have sent 10,000 random PM to accounts and if u have one it has a code in it to redeem of the marketplace and get halo 3 beta early, this happend yesterday...... all my friends got one except me :( GO CHECK NOW!

I can't remember which email address I used for my old account, which is the only one I've registered on Bungie... The account was Moria123.... Anyway of finding out the email address?

I havn't played much of Halo 2 online, looking forward to this though.

Any way to check if you got an invite? Or i'd know by now i guess..

Meik's in though, **** Mason >:(

Gamertags then?

Tree Finger is my mates. He has the 360. We'll both be after some party action.

Note: There are no custom game settings. This is a matchmaking test afterall.

Any way to check if you got an invite? Or i'd know by now i guess..

Meik's in though, **** Mason >:(

They send the code to your Bungie account, which as far as I'm aware you can only access via Bungie.net. It is NOT sent as a message via XBL.

Sign in to follow this