NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 Beta Thread

CTU Mason got in early, im really pissed off. I wish i had a code to rub it in all your faces

By the way, the following playlists are available and they all work exactly the same as their counterparts did in Halo 2:

Rumble Training - Unranked - Can go into a game with 5 other friends

Team Training - Unranked -Can go into a game with 7 other friends, so essentially you are able to play games with just you and your friends.

Rumble Pit - Ranked -Can only play solo

Team Slayer - Ranked - Can go into a game with 3 other friends

Team Skirmish - Ranked - Same as Slayer

I assume that you can play split-screen in any of the playlists that allow you to bring friends with you, not tried that yet.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

If any of you have any questions I don't mind answering 'em

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET IT YOU JAMMY NOWT?!?!!111??

- thanks

I want to play!

Not fair... :(

I'm going to sulk...

:wink:

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET IT YOU JAMMY NOWT?!?!!111??

- thanks

They sent codes out to random users of Bungie.net, I guess I was just lucky.

Also I sucked a few cocks

Right now I get the vibe that they took all the best bits from both Halo 1 and 2 and then just merged them together. There are hundreds of differences and nuances, way too many to list, and after playing Halo 2 so much for so long it's difficult to adjust at first. I really like it though, the new equipment is excellent and the Spartan Laser is boss. The fact that this is a beta astounds me, can't wait to see what the finished version is like.

Sounds good. I can't wait to get my hands on it on Wednesday.

I'm surprised there isn't a Double Team playlist, I love playing that with my brother. It's great on split-screen, no need for mics and you get always check the other person's screen.

They sent codes out to random users of Bungie.net, I guess I was just lucky.

Also I sucked a few cocks

I knew that, i was just complaining. I might just buy it

Woah, Meik hasn't posted here in ages.

And damn it sounds so good, cannot effing wait.

If any of you have any questions I don't mind answering 'em

Glad to hear you're liking it so far! Don't think anyone's asked this yet; roughly, what is the file size of the Beta?

Glad to hear you're liking it so far! Don't think anyone's asked this yet; roughly, what is the file size of the Beta?

917mb. I saw a pic of someone downloading the beta.

These codes going for hundreds of dollars seems quite silly in my opinion. Why don't people buy Crackdown for $60, wait only 3 days, and now instead of a Beta that doesn't even last forever, they now have Crackdown as well.

Unless 3 days really matters to them...

edit* lol I was parusing (sp?) the Halo 3 stuff on eBay, and I stumbled upon this Crackdown Poster. I couldn't care about the product its self but the description had me laughing. Just read the first line in the description. (The line with the #1 in front of it.)

Mike few questions if you dont mind.

Are the graphics nice? in all the videos ive seen they just look like Halo2's in HD? (well abit better)

And the first post, are you saying you can only play with up to 7 friends? or can you have 16-32 etc?

And the first post, are you saying you can only play with up to 7 friends? or can you have 16-32 etc?

I've just been watching a video over on Gametrailers called 'Gamehead' where they interviewed some Bungie staff who confirmed that 16 players in one game is the maximum. They also confirmed there's a new, not yet announced multiplayer vehicle that will turn up in the final game.

Mike few questions if you dont mind.

Are the graphics nice? in all the videos ive seen they just look like Halo2's in HD? (well abit better)

The graphics aren't massively better (if you want to "show off" your 360 I still think GoW will be the game to do it) but to be honest I don't see how they could've made them more "realistic" whilst still keeping the Halo feel. Personally I think it looks great anyway, but then I'm not someone who obsesses over graphics. What does make a difference is all the little differences in the UI, weapon effects, the water, etc. I think when the final game ships if you go and play Halo 2's Zanzibar and then 3's (for example), you'll notice a huge difference.

And yeah, in the beta you can only play in a game with up to 7 other people, as there are no Big Team playlists included. The max in the final game is 16, as noted above.

Edit - by the way the exact size of the beta is 911.17mb and it took me 5-10 minutes to download, I assume it will take just a bit longer when everyone and their mother is downloading it

Looking forward to this imensely, Maybe we could organise a Halo 3 Beta Night?

Dude... That's going to be every night the Beta is on. :heh:

The graphics aren't massively better (if you want to "show off" your 360 I still think GoW will be the game to do it) but to be honest I don't see how they could've made them more "realistic" whilst still keeping the Halo feel. Personally I think it looks great anyway, but then I'm not someone who obsesses over graphics. What does make a difference is all the little differences in the UI, weapon effects, the water, etc. I think when the final game ships if you go and play Halo 2's Zanzibar and then 3's (for example), you'll notice a huge difference.

And yeah, in the beta you can only play in a game with up to 7 other people, as there are no Big Team playlists included. The max in the final game is 16, as noted above.

Edit - by the way the exact size of the beta is 911.17mb and it took me 5-10 minutes to download, I assume it will take just a bit longer when everyone and their mother is downloading it

A simple question: does the beta support splitscreen?

2 Player Splitscreen has been confirmed.

SCOOOOOOP!

Two-player splitscreen but not offline, right? As far as I know you can only play through Matchmaking, as that is after all the point; this is a Beta, not a demo.

Judging by Microsoft's utter slackness, I won't have access to a 360 until the weekend at the earliest. Still, at least the Beta should be easier to download by then.

Sign in to follow this