N-Europe

Rygar: The Battle of Argus

Smiter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen them now, and wow. This game is shaping up awesome, I always thought it would be good but now we're seeing some evidence.

I'm really hoping third parties are going to keep up with exclusives like this, there are plenty already but to me it's not enough, yet. This one is shaping up very nicely though.

After seeing the scans, the rumors of this being a port of the PS2 game, are luckily not true.

Text says that it is port (I can even see Poseidonia Shrine from the scans), but I would like to think it is as a port / remake of PS2 version. Original Rygar: Legendary Adventures had only three different types of enemies, and it started to get pretty annoying soon. Wii Rygar seems to be far more varied when it comes down to enemies. Furthermore, they have upgraded graphics significiantly. And considering that the original game sold below 100 000 copies worldwide, it is just good thing that game got second chance.

BTW, here is excellent sampler from Rygar's soundtrack:

http://rapidshare.com/files/42546149/rygar.zip.html

Really underappreciated soundtrack.

I watched a vid from a PS2 Rygar game and it had THE worst voice acting that I've ever seen. I mean, its nothing next to House of the Dead 2 but thats meant to be shit.

Awesome scans tho. Hope it is a good game and visually I think it looks pretty good.

Text says that it is port (I can even see Poseidonia Shrine from the scans), but I would like to think it is as a port / remake of PS2 version. Original Rygar: Legendary Adventures had only three different types of enemies, and it started to get pretty annoying soon. Wii Rygar seems to be far more varied when it comes down to enemies. Furthermore, they have upgraded graphics significiantly. And considering that the original game sold below 100 000 copies worldwide, it is just good thing that game got second chance.

BTW, here is excellent sampler from Rygar's soundtrack:

http://rapidshare.com/files/42546149/rygar.zip.html

Really underappreciated soundtrack.

Yes, I just read the thread at NeoGAF. The game supposedly also has an extra mode involving the new character. It's a bit unclear to me now.

I don't get how this is a port, didn't it have concept art at one point? Why would you make concept art for a port? :S.

I dunno, it still looks awesome, and having never played the PS2 version it looks fine. Maybe there are two Rygar games coming or something? :S

I don't get how this is a port, didn't it have concept art at one point? Why would you make concept art for a port? :S.

Game has lots of new monsters, and main hero has been changed to something that appeals japanese market*.

Original

top.jpg

New

rygar.jpg

* There is very good reason why every JRPG features these days blonde pretty boys.

Nice, still, I don't blame them for porting it tbh. The original sold poorly and making a full blown new game is just foolish.

I think a sequel will be planned for the Wii, they've made the game engine now and certainly looks to be pumping out visuals above PS2's capabilities. If it sells well then it's a no brainer, I can see me buying this as well, it feels to me much more a new game then a port.

Very early PS2 in terms of graphics!

Infact even Majoras Mask isn't far of this in terms of graphics!

Hmmm, in terms of scenarios it really gives off a PS2 feel to it, but the character is definitely new, as is it's weapon (and it's trail and such), so that stands out from the rest. I also don't know about some of the enemies, but the larvae seem new aswell.

Anyway... I hope they fresh it all out before launch.

this game bothered me on the PS2 because of all the moss and rocks (and mossy rocks.) I hope they liven up the environment a little this time.

eh who am i kidding, i wont buy it anyway

Post of the year. I was going to say something on this game too, but I thought the same. At this point there is little or no chance of me picking this one up.